• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey is #10 for 2017 on Amazon. Will it end up the best selling Swich game?

Tunoku

Oct 27, 2017:

Preorder iPhone X at 12:01a
Purchase Wolfenstein 2 on PS4 Store in the morning
Check out AC: Origins during the day
Receive Mario Odyssey in the evening
Play Mario Odyssey all night and praise it on GAF
Go to bed and start watching the new Stranger Things season

Fixed that for ya.

Bydobob

Does this include digital sales? Reason I ask is Odyssey is the first Switch game I’ve seen listed on Amazon (UK) with an identical price for digital. Would account for a lot more sales than usual. Secured mine for only £39.99 with Prime pre-order discount.

Does this include digital sales? Reason I ask is Odyssey is the first Switch game I’ve seen listed on Amazon (UK) with an identical price for digital. Would account for a lot more sales than usual. Secured mine for only £39.99 with Prime pre-order discount.

Digital is a separate SKU, so no.

weekev

Banned
It will sell gang busters. It will be close between this MK8 and BOTW for top seller this year. Regardless Nintendo will make bank and I will be very happy with the output.

ZugZug123

I would like to see attach rates compared to other Switch games more than units sold since the Switch installed base is not that large.

Gestault

I have ZERO surprise that Mario is so high. Looking at the charts, some of these are cool/weird.

#22 is Zelda BotW for Wii U. The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is at #46, which is ahead of Nier, Final Fantasy XII, and Destiny 2. ARMS at #40 is outselling Ghost Recon.

I have ZERO surprise that Mario is so high. Looking at the charts, some of these are cool/weird.

#22 is Zelda BotW for Wii U. The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is at #46, which is ahead of Nier, Final Fantasy XII, and Destiny 2. ARMS at #40 is outselling Ghost Recon.

Amazon has never been the best indicator of the industry at large. That being said, when you have a game like Odyssey near the top of the charts for as long as it has been, it's clearly going to be a big release.

Has BotW Wii U passed 2 million yet?

jts

...hate me...
Oct 27, 2017:

Preorder iPhone X at 12:01a
Purchase Wolfenstein 2 on PS4 Store in the morning
Check out AC: Origins during the day
Receive Mario Odyssey in the evening
Play Mario Odyssey all night and praise it on GAF

No Stranger Things season 2? smh

Zedark

Nintendo hasn't released official numbers for the Wii U version since April (1.08 million) and those numbers only covered its sales through March 31st.

It probably has passed the 2 million mark though.
If it passed 2.08 million it should show up in the next quarterly earnings release. Doubt it's there yet, though.

Top Bottom