• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I never really saw Nappa as that threatening. He was there to make Vegeta more intimidating. I guess his body count doesn't lie, but I was more weary of the little guy watching with a smirk.

Oh Christ a page claim. Cue the angry Nappa fans.

TreIII

..How will they play it off when Super Saiyan Goku LV3 fights against yamcha or a lower tier character like 3 eye dude?

Will they have VS comments, like " I will lower my fighting level, so we can go head to head"

Or will they add weights to Goku or something?

Much like everybody else is saying, for a game like this, nobody is likely going to seriously care about canon.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if, much like Injustice, there was at least some type of in-game handwave from the game's original story that has it so that almost everybody can compete on mostly equal footing. The story does focus on killer android clones of our heroes ruining everybody's day...

Elfstar

..How will they play it off when Super Saiyan Goku LV3 fights against yamcha or a lower tier character like 3 eye dude?

Will they have VS comments, like " I will lower my fighting level, so we can go head to head"

Maybe we'll find out that Yamcha and the others were just hiding their true power all along!

I love Angry Goku Boxart. My favorite.

Extreme Budoten and Budokai 2 are like the only good recent DB boxarts I can think of as far as fighting games go. Shame that it isn't something way cooler.

Also could just be the wind blowing Goku's hair back as he flies, but he kinda looks a little SSj2 on the boxart. Kinda weird since as far as we know he isn't featured in the game.

Yeah just read it :( I was too slow.
jG7Swiw.jpg

Is the promotional story picture from the scan actually the boxart?

It's so weird. Buu isn't in it, but Nappa, Ginyu and 17 who isn't even playable are lmao.

EDIT: Oh okay guess this isn't it.

Puruzi

Banned

Bruh

Opa-Pa

Extremely shocked at the cover being just boring ass angry Goku.

When was the last time a DB game cover actually hinted what the game's gimmick was? I can only think of Fusions recently lol (never noticed the hourglass for Xenoverse in the actual cover).

If it weren't for the internet I'd just assume we've been getting Tenkaichi clones for like a decade.

mooncakes

Its a fighting game..power level is like the last thing you should worry about.

I am still hoping for oddball characters to become playable like Bulma in a mech with a Faust/Teddie item toss mechanic but with a capsule instead or Launch/ Mai with Elphelt's play style.

Fighting games never take the canon power levels when it comes to the roster otherwise they won't work.

Case in point, Cody should be the strongest character in SF4 but instead the weakling with a skateboard Yun is.

That's not how fighting games work. Otherwise Cody in Street Fighter would be beating the fuck out of everyone that isn't Shin Akuma, Gill, Oro and maybe 2 others.
Beerus being all nonchalant and not being actually KOED, but leaving due to being bored by the fight, could add to his personality.

C'mon Rojo step up your game son, I beat you with the Cody comparison dawg.

What makes Cody the strongest in the SF Universe?, please guys my SF lore is lacking.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

No one cares, because power levels are bullshit anyway.

mas8705

I guess I can't say I'm too shocked about this turn of events...

With heroes revealed last time, it would make sense we got some villains this time (and for them to be the more obvious villains that would be added). It is nice to know that Ginyu pretty much is the character we expected him to be where he could use the Ginyu Force as support and even swap bodies and health with the opponent. The only thing I would like to know is if it will be a case where he will take over his opponent's moveset, or if we will have a case where he will actually keep his moveset (including using the Ginyu Force) while his opponent is unable to use any of their own abilities due to being in an unfamiliar body...

Nappa, on the other hand, is a bit more interesting considering that they are giving him the ability to plant more minions to help him out. Truly, Nappa will be the hard counter to Yamcha. Not really much to say here for Nappa, but it is nice to see him in.

Will be neat to see them in action, but it probably won't be for some time since I can't really think of any upcoming events that will showcase DBFZ at the immediate moment. Not to mention that Yamcha and Tien were still being worked on, so we probably won't hear much else for now.

Shall we guess the November-December reveals? If this game is coming out in Feb., we don't have much time left to wait for the game itself (at least in Japanese)

cordy

Banned
Crazy to imagine that this game was revealed in June with 6 characters.

Early June - Announcement with 6 characters (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, Cell and Buu)
Late June - Trunks announced
July - Piccolo and Krillin announced
August - SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta announced
August - Android 18 w/17 and Android 16 announced
September - Yamcha and Tien w/Chiaotzu announced
October - Nappa and Ginyu announced

Tsunamo

It would've been funny if we got a Kirby scenerio where we get Angry boxart Goku in one region and McDonalds eyes Goku in another.

Even though I enjoy the usual Angry Goku art i'm really suprised they didn't go with the keyart in V-Jump, add on the rest of the characters playable there and it'd be perfect.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What happened to that dude? I'm sure he probably lurks here but he stopped posting completely.

Well, to keep the long story short,

He was confident that 17 would be in the game but 17 ended up being a partner of Android 18 so he was upset about it. What don't help the matter is people are egging on him because people found him rather annoying when he kept shut down some people's opinions about Android 17 in the past, so it's pretty much vindication for those 17 naysayers.

It got to the point that a moderator had to come in and tell them to knock it off, so he stick with DBS thread over there in Off Topic section and never step in any DBFZ threads in Gaming section ever since.

I feel bad for him because Android 17 being a partner to Android 18 is pretty much slap in the face moment for him.

Well, to keep the long story short,

He was confident that 17 would be in the game but 17 ended up being a partner of Android 18 so he was upset about it. What don't help the matter is people are egging on him because people found him rather annoying when he kept shut down some people's opinions about Android 17 in the past, so it's pretty much vindication for those 17 naysayers.

It got to the point that a moderator had to come in and tell them to knock it off, so he stick with DBS thread over there in Off Topic section and never step in any DBFZ threads in Gaming section ever since.

I feel bad for him because Android 17 being a partner to Android 18 is pretty much slap in the face moment for him.

Shame. Well I think there is still hope we can get ToP 17 in DLC. But who knows. People shouldn't get so worked up over this stuff, we're all fans of the same thing at the end of the day.

Crazy to imagine that this game was revealed in June with 6 characters.

Early June - Announcement with 6 characters (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, Cell and Buu)
Late June - Trunks announced
July - Piccolo and Krillin announced
August - SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta announced
August - Android 18 w/17 and Android 16 announced
September - Yamcha and Tien w/Chiaotzu announced
October - Nappa and Ginyu announced

November - Gotenks and Kid Buu
December - Broly and Janemba
January - Beerus and SSR Goku Black

PSlayer

If raditz manage to get in the base roster then bardock comes together.

I still believe Broly will come in the first DLC batch/pre order bonus.

I think they will make a Broly SSB bullshit dlc for maximum $$$$

If raditz manage to get in the base roster then bardock comes together.

I still believe Broly will come in the first DLC batch/pre order bonus.

I think they will make a Broly SSB bullshit dlc for maximum $$$$
A forced DLC character pack making it the only way to get Broly and Roshi will own my wallet, how can you say no to that?

Top Bottom