• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
been doing some revision, gonna go play some pool, go for a meal and go back over the stuff I've revised to see how well it has sunk in.

What the fuck am I reading? Even worse, you have me agreeing with the Ian Watkins fan.
Who the hell is Ian Watkins and why am I a fan

Dishonored was an okay game, it had sone decent gameplay elements to it, but saying it was better than Bioshock? C'mon, Tash, don't be silly.
I didn't read that bit lol, I just thought you were giving dishonoured shit, I've never seen the two compared if I'm honest

dead cat..
That sucks man, I hope your gf is okay. Go do some squats and feel better

8bit

Knows the Score
Hahahah at Mender and Glenda!

p92953_p_v7_aa.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
Here you go.

And I think he was referring to Cyanide with the fan part.
I'm clearly a fan...

It's a good job he's rotting slowly away in prison. I'd hate to give him the satisfaction of a quick death as I stab him repeatedly in the face, the stupid prick.
I actually threw up in my mouth a little. All three of them deserve to be shot.
As fucked up as it sounds, I actually have respect for those in prison who harm/kill pedos while inside. The justice system does work, after all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can't leave us hanging like that...

Well you have to remember my sense of humour is on a different plane to everyone else, but zomg kept telling dapper that he needs to "travelodge it" i.e. take the lass to a travelodge (apparently only five minutes down the road!) for a bit of the bump 'n' grind off the dance floor.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I'm gonna start prowling Pre Render. For people into gameplay demos. Ho ho ho.

So basically you're into Futas?

I don't know what Futa is and I'm not googling it.

I wouldnt say I'm into anything sexually either. I'm mostly into cups of tea, lying in bed with E and staying in. When I was out and about that was what I liked. But I'm still massively in love after 12 years and I'm quite happy to be into cuddles and long walks and yadda yadda yadda (and heated arguments over which doughnuts to get). Love >>>>>>> sex.

Sorry, I know that's cheesy and boring but I'm really not the most sexual person outside of a long term relationship. I'll stop now as I've already overshared!!!

Basically, I'm dull these days and I'm quite happy with that.

banofypie

Banned
Sorry, I know that's cheesy and boring but I'm really not the most sexual person outside of a long term relationship. I'll stop now as I've already overshared!!!

Basically, I'm dull these days and I'm quite happy with that.

you're a big ol' softy beneath that hardcore dark souls gamer we know

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
you're a big ol' softy

We all are when we meet that special one. D'awwwwwwwww.

Can we go back to CyanideStrike being a bit UKIP again?

😄

Also. My Symphony of the Night character is called Stinkbum. HA HA HA!

Also also in response to your edit. I'm not a hardcore gamer! I'm just from a more civilised age. When games meant something. Where developers trusted people to figure stuff out. Where challenge was not a dirty word. Where imagination mattered. Join me and together we can defeat the Sith!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Infinite was on my list but I've heard mixed things. Same with DS2 , really. Seeing as I've set myself a goal of catching up on about 10 years worth of games I've got to be disciplined.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Infinite was on my list but I've heard mixed things. Same with DS2 , really. Seeing as I've set myself a goal of catching up on about 10 years worth of games I've got to be disciplined.

Bioshock has nice setting. Few cool mechanics. Apart from the really cool ending, it's a pale shadow of Bioshock.

DS2 is alright, but from what you've said about DS1 I think you'd be setting yourself up for a massive disappointment.

banofypie

Banned
Bioshock Infinite's story is an absolutely mess and the only way the ending is made cool is if you didn't understand it and had to google it to figure it out. That way you avoid figuring out how it doesn't actually work and how it ignores its own internal logic in order to tie things up.

Burial at Sea just makes it even more confusing.

Rubbish King

7 Days to Die Review that makes me want to get this for christmas
Firstly I want to say I’m really enjoying this game
Secondly I WOULD tell what is good about it. But I rather tell you a story.

Once upon a time, in a hell hole, far, far away there was a nameless man who could punch insanely quickly and break bushes with his fists.

He plopped into existence on a remote server. With nothing more than his starting items and a zombie mauling his face due to server latency.

His journey started light heartedly. He came across a body of a dismembered fellow citizen, he politely inquired if the citizen would be requiring that wrench on his persons any longer. The man took the gentleman’s silence as a “yes, please good sir! I cannot bear to have it in my locale any longer!”
The man then starting using the head of the wrench to mate with the faces of walking dead - It was the start of a beautiful relationship and symbiosis between two sentient objects. Man and wrench.

After some through mating with skulls; the wrench began to tire, the man acknowledged his silent partner’s weary state and left her (My lawyers say the wrench must be a she due to gender neutrality) in his inventory to rest.
The man travelled onwards, admiring the fly tippers that had plagued the lander with their rubbish tipping on public highways. “Are there no gentlemen left anymore?” the man asked himself. His companion would retort, is she were not so tired.

The man after many minutes of walking the man was ambushed by 4 gentlemen, all armed with firearms pointed at him.

The gentlemen asked in the most gentlemanly fashion:- “Want 2 help us come build a town :D

That man pondered for a while, this could be a trap. What he was more worried about is that following 4 burley white men into the bushes late at night could ruin his reputation as a stand up and decent gentlemen.
Weighing the risks he agreed politely.
The 5 gentlemen travelled down the road, for what seemed like many hours (20 minutes) until they came across a small town, partially build in the middle of a plains area.

For the next few days the man and his fellow gentlemen laughed, sang, and drank the polluted water from the river merrily. And as a result were plagued by the ungentlemanly affliction of diarrhoea.
Many days passed of incontinence and building.
Then, a large pack of ruffians assaulted the town’s walls.
The more nimble ruffians simply vaulted over the walls IN A MOST UNGENTLEMANLY FASHION while the slower Ruffians pounded on the walls and demanded an audience with us.

I stood upon our half built watch tower. Gazing at the ruffians…
The ungentlemanly behaviour…
The pounding on the walls…
The way they attacked us like feral beasts…
The way they were dressed and many of them unclothed…

Being a gentleman I knew this could only mean one thing. The French had found us.
The walls fell, many died from being driven indoors and (presumably) forced to sample their heathen food.

I did what I could, but there were too many Frenchmen to repel. I came down from my tower, firing my rifle as fast as I could at the hordes of unwashed Frenchmen. I could have sworn one was wielding a baguette.
I was forced inside, I fired my rifle with the most British and gentlemanly fury I could muster.
The Frenchmen piled up by the door. But there was too many.

I then barricaded myself inside – buying myself only time.
In my last efforts, I took out my tired companion. I bashed and bashed and bashed the wall in front of me, breaking through enough to escape.

On the final swing my friend broke into pieces.

I heard her speak to me, broken on the floor…
“Be free”

I ran outside, jumped over the fence and off to freedom.
Then I disconnected.
by "ChemicalBacon" Sounds like a right guy this one

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Bioshock Infinite's story is an absolutely mess and the only way the ending is made cool is if you didn't understand it and had to google it to figure it out.

The story is indeed a mess in places, the biggest issue being with the Vox. I didn't need Google, though. The ending made sense to me. I like that sort ting though.

I thought I may as well give my answers to these:

Where do you come from? Bristol, me babber
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Website designer
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Keep my eyes open when I sneeze to see if my eyes pop out. Failing this: become rich. But the eyes first.
Favourite daytime TV show? Whatever is taking my fancy on Netflix at the time.
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? I don't get this? Chips.
What's your tipple of choice? Normal hours: Black tea or Dr Pepper. Misbehaving hours: Southern Comfort. And Dr Pepper.
Favourite party snack? No idea... I will go for Twiglets.
Who is the best bald person? My boyfriend. Or Vic Mackey the character. Moby is pretty decent too.
What's your disappointing claim to fame? My real name is in some some credits on a video game that I am not naming.
What's your perfect Sunday? I don't know. I dislike Sundays because Monday is the next day. I find it impossible to relax on this day for some weird and annoying reason.
Did you threaten to overrule him? I don't get this?
Did you threaten to overrule him? I STILL don't get this?
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Still not getting this. I love inside jokes. I'd like to be a part of one someday.

Chinner

Banned
How had your cat been acting before going missing? Perhaps an underlying issue was festering. Animals can be very good at hiding health problems.

A full day. He was only a year and a half old, so he didn't have any health problems. Usually when he goes outside he just potters about in the garden. Never far away. We knew something was up when it started with torrential rain as he never came back. Usually, any sign of rain and he would be there outside the window meowing to come back. May was more worried when it was tea time and he was not back, because he's a greedy bugger who loves his food.

When I left for work this morning I told May to be pro-active, just by knocking on doors and asking our neighbors and handing out flyers. She found him on the second house that she visited. He was in someone's drive just lying down; He was soaked from the rain and with a bit of blood in his mouth.

I think it started raining so he decided to come back but he got clipped by a car on the way across. Maybe he didn't hear it because of the rain.Then, he tried to get home and then he just had a lay down and died. I prefer to think it was quick.

Thanks for your posts everyone.

A full day. He was only a year and a half, so he didn't have any health problems. When he went out he only used to potter outside in the garden, and was never far away. We knew something was up when it started with torrential rain. When we found him he was just lying down, and was soaked with a bit of blood in his mouth.

I think before it started raining/raining, he got clipped by a car. Maybe he didn't hear it because of the rain.He tried to get home and then he just had a lay down and died. I guess it was quick.

That is absolutely bloody heartbreaking. I hope your girlfriend is okay; a stupid question really.

A glancing blow from a car could very well be the cause. A poster in the GirlGAF thread lost their cat in the same way.

A friend of mine had a cat that got hit on three separate times and lived even with pretty bad injuries. They were more 'superficial' in nature plus the internal organs had not been too badly affected.

Reknoc

Haven't answered this yet so why not

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) Nottingham
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Dispatch Manager
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? To find something I hope to achieve before my futile existence comes to an end.
Favourite daytime TV show? Diagnosis Murder
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? Haha I understand this reference (chips)
What's your tipple of choice? Whatever you're buying
Favourite party snack? Streamers, yum
Who is the best bald person? Moby
What's your disappointing claim to fame? None, which is the most disappointing thing of all
What's your perfect Sunday? Waking up midday and realising I've done nothing all weekend and oh god I have to go back to work tomorrow.
Did you threaten to overrule him? No
Did you threaten to overrule him? No
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? No... wait... yes.

Rubbish King

I like this thread again, guys I'm gonna do another draw for my gf because she loved my last one, I might make her a comic strip for a christmas card or something, she likes the sentimental stuff

Symphonia

Banned
A full day. He was only a year and a half, so he didn't have any health problems. When he went out he only used to potter outside in the garden, and was never far away. We knew something was up when it started with torrential rain. When we found in someone's drive, he was just lying down, and was soaked from the rain and with a bit of blood in his mouth.

I think before it started raining and as he was coming home he got clipped by a car. Maybe he didn't hear it because of the rain. He tried to get home and then he just had a lay down and died. I guess it was quick.

Actually bought a small tear to my eye, I won't lie. The connection between an owner and their pet is incredibly strong. I can't imagine losing either my dog or cat, I'd be heartbroken if I did. I truly am sorry for your loss, pal.

Rubbish King

i remember when my cat of 18 years died

it had cancer for years and only three legs, was a fucking trooper, one day we came home and it had died

it was sad but atleast it was expected

shit bit was it was on it's own with it's eyes and mouth wide open

miss that little old lady

Rubbish King

I looked up my old threads, ad boy oh boy do I have some perspective on my reckless ability to not give a FUCK

Is it bad I still find them hilarious?

An infinite pet sounds good.

I nearly bought a Tamagotchi the other day.

wow

shit, you might need professional help

When is Jed coming back? Was it a perma?

Am I the only one that remembers him?

The last time I saw that man I was drunk as shit on his sofa stealing his burgers and jackD

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I looked up my old threads, ad boy oh boy do I have some perspective on my reckless ability to not give a FUCK

Is it bad I still find them hilarious?

wow

shit, you might need professional help

The last time I saw that man I was drunk as shit on his sofa stealing his burgers and jackD

A Clue!

Nice to see you posting again btw.

Some guy. Can't remember his name. Think he drove a white van. Bit of a racist. Had good taste. I think. Maybe. I don't remember, to be honest. Think his last name was Shiv or something. Shiv. Or Shin. This. Sounds. Very. Samuel Beckett. Or does it. I don't know. I'll go on. Is that what it is, going on? On. What is it to go on? If I knew who he was I might be able to go on. But I can't remember him. At least I think it was a him. As far as I remember.

Top Bottom