• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 minutes of Monster Hunter World footage

Raide

Damn, still can't believe we finally getting next-gen (well "nex-gen" might be wrong word but you know what i mean.) Monster Hunter!

This will be so amazing!

Thanks for the video.

In terms for detail, animation, AI and QoL changed, it's the biggest step for the MH series. Looking forward to see what Pro and X updates we get and also what some of the more weird and wonderful monsters look like.

spiritfox

finally an English Monster Hunter on PC

maybe my friends and I will play this

i'm not too familiar, but i think this spin off is for more Western audiences, and an OG MH5 is probably in the works for Switch

There's no evidence that there's another game in the works for the Switch, and the developers have repeatedly said that this game was MH5 all but in name. The only thing that points to it was the 4chan rumor that was already debunked.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Cool, will probably pick this up on PC as my first Monster Hunter game. Well, as long as it is accessible for newcomers at least, with good tutorials etc.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
That's some great looking palico. Would be nice if they eventually bring back Prowlers.

In the meantime, I wonder when they'll showcase the new weapons. They need to give me a boomerang option.

Looks good. Confused why this isn't coming to the Switch though?
Matrix stated that a Switch version (MHW:portable?) is in the works.

Rncewind

i'm not too familiar, but i think this spin off is for more Western audiences, and an OG MH5 is probably in the works for Switch

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
As far as being an upgraded version of Monster Hunter, it looks great!

It really needs some color in there though.

tengiants

Eh. I think Generations killed my interest in the series for awhile. Maybe I'll jump in after impressions.

Edit: wtf is that green crap? Hunter sense? I don't know about this one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jesus that monster straight up ate that other one in one bite, then went home and threw up some of it for its kids.

Was that a thing in the other Monster Hunter games?

Gaspard

My only complaint really is the new stealth mechanics look janky and the monsters have a really hard time detecting you (as seen by the dude walking next to the one in the beginning). Other than that this looks pretty great and i'm hyped for the PC version.

When the hunter slid off the waterfall and grabbed a vine before landing I was kinda floored.

I got bad news for you. This is capcom we are talking about. I doubt there is a MH game outside of this and the switch xx port is in the work lol.

Jesus that monster straight up ate that other one in one bite, then went home and threw up some of it for its kids.

Nope. The most you'd see in previous games is some of the more fearsome monsters find a herbivore, kill it, and bite at it a bit.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I got bad news for you. This is capcom we are talking about. I doubt there is a MH game outside of this and the switch xx port is in the work lol.

i mean, i don't care either way. i've given up on capcom years ago at this point

tried MH a few times before and never clicked with me

if this is really great and my friends on PC dive in, i will play it for sure and hopefully the co-op nature will hook me

i wonder how many complaints bout no health bar we will get

I know they want to show the new map style, but I can´t fanthom how will "real" hunts will be. How far will the monsters run?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Looks good!
Will definetely continue to look for it in the incoming months!
in the meantime, Stories will help my MH thirst during the Holiday season

I was skeptical at first because I was port-begging to the Switch, but this looks damn good and I'm all in for the PC version.

What's the release date again?

Although I still have my doubts it does look amazing. However, I still don't see how this game will sell enough in the the West for it to be a success. It looks last gen compared to most games these days on Xbox, PS4, and PC. And it will be competing with a lot of other games in 2018.

Goodluck to Capcom. Maybe PC sales will help it succeed.

Rncewind

Of course. It's new gen so we'e going to have to wait for an expansion for G rank. Hopefully we can download the expansion as DLC instead of being forced to pay full price for the game a second time.

Yeah i hope for it too, i mean from time investment point i guess this is more ok then in the past now with save game transfer but buying a full priced update game was always pretty bullshit

However japanese market is a lot about double dipping actually since ps1 era so there is that

ReaperXL7

Just needs a David Attenborough narration.

Cannot wait for this.

ActWan

Looks great. Only played a bit of Generations with a friend - it might be my time to fully get in the series.

Kyuur

I don't know. It looks like a knock-off more than anything. Felt less like MH and more like some generic action game set in a MH world.

Top Bottom