• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the "good news" about FF XV will be at Gamescom?

Socivol

According to this link http://gematsu.com/2017/06/big-final-fantasy-xv-announcements-teased-gamescom-2017 early this summer Tabata stated that the team has been working really hard and had some "good news" to announce at Gamescom. With Gamescom starting next week what do you think or hope the good news will be?

Personally, I loved the game but it had some major flaws with the majority of my complaints being built around the story and the delivery of the story. I am really hoping they do a story revamp where you can play the game with the added story elements in place. I really hope the show Luna, Ardyn, Gentiana, and Aranea's side of the story a bit more. I would also appreciate if they went more into the war of the Astrals.

Scorpio version / PC version
If not that, related to multiplayer version expansion- or titled Final Fantasy XV Online
+ latin words

True Fire

Probably PC, with the tall grass and destructible environments.

God I hope he announces some additional story content though. What happened to the extra cutscenes? He added one.

PC version, maybe to tie in with an all-DLC-up-to-this-point re-release. Also results from that survey and how they'll be put in the game.

Mifec

Probably PC, with the tall grass and destructible environments.

God I hope he announces some additional story content though. What happened to the extra cutscenes? He added one.

Would require too much work to fix the story of that game and I mean the one that's presented to the player not random backstory.

Frinkiac-Futurama.jpg

It's probably just some more info on the multiplayer. Or something about more episodes after Ignis.

Or, and this is pretty farfetched, it's a year 2 plan of updates. Which wouldn't make much sense but there you go.

Either way I'm excited!

The news that they're gonna stop supporting this game and start moving on to new projects.

Sorry being salty about my disappointment over FF15. It's probably gonna be a PC version.

Socivol

Would require too much work to fix the story of that game and I mean the one that's presented to the player not random backstory.

I think some parts would be easier to fix than others. Showing what the Empire and Luna were doing should be easy fixes where they could just insert cutscenes that change the perspective of what is happening. Others like the War of the Astrals would be much more difficult to incorporate unless they have Bahamut doing flashbacks to that time during Chapter 13.

Neiteio

I don't really see a need for more
World of Ruin
; I'd quickly get tired of it being
night all the time
. Maybe a quick trip to
dark world Lestallum
in order to meet with
adult Iris and Cindy
, but that's it. The way it's currently in the game serves the story perfectly well, setting the stakes before the finale. No need to
make it a second adventure like FFVI
. It's not meant to serve that purpose.

What I would like to see is more story on the Luna-Noctis relationship, preferably in the form of long-format letters where they bare each other's soul. I'd also like to see more of Ardyn's backstory, and more connective tissue explaining the world and the way it works.

A Dark Souls-style opening FMV establishing the astrals and the plague and the history of Niflheim vs. Lucis could then lead nicely into the more mundane and grounded road trip of Noct and crew pushing the Regalia. They can drop the cold open with Ifrit while they're at it; like the boat chase at the start of UC4, it feels inconsequential and out of place. "Starting in the middle" doesn't always work.

FFXV is a great game. I think the story could be tightened to great effect and it wouldn't take too much work.

I don't really see a need for more
World of Ruin
; I'd quickly get tired of it being
night all the time
. Maybe a quick trip to
dark world Lestallum
in order to
see adult Iris and Cindy
, but that's it. The way it's currently in the game serves the story perfectly well, setting the stakes before the finale. No need to
make it a second adventure like FFVI
. It's not meant to serve that purpose.

I believe we're gonna visit Lestallum and meet Iris The Deamonslayer in Comrades.

Neiteio

Nah.

I remember why I don't go into the FFXV thread again.
I love FFXV. It's definitely tiring seeing (some) people dump on it all the time. I'm just happy the devs continue to add more content and refine what's there. Hopefully by the time it's all said and done, it'll be an even more robust package.

Gbraga

Otome Dating Sim featuring the main cast, Cor and Ardyn. It'll be a pre-order bonus for the PC version.

Noctis is mine.

Socivol

I love FFXV. It's definitely tiring seeing (some) people dump on it all the time. I'm just happy the devs continue to add more content and refine what's there. Hopefully by the time it's all said and done, it'll be an even more robust package.

Same it's my 2nd favorite in the series (and it would've been first if the story were better!) but I would like them to try to fix the flaws versus giving us a bunch of stuff we didn't ask for.

Neiteio

Otome Dating Sim featuring the main cast, Cor and Ardyn. It'll be a pre-order bonus for the PC version.

Noctis is mine.
I like Noct, but Ignis is the Ultimate Husbando. He cooks, he cleans, he gently berates you. What more can you ask for in a soul mate. Also impeccable hair and fashion sense.

Neiteio

Same it's my 2nd favorite in the series (and it would've been first if the story were better!) but I would like them to try to fix the flaws versus giving us a bunch of stuff we didn't ask for.
Yeah, I wish they'd take all the energy they're pouring into an unnecessary multiplayer mode and instead use it to craft a few more scenarios and cutscenes that can really round out certain character arcs (again, most critically, the Noct-Luna relationship).

It's a fantastic game, but I wish my imagination didn't have to fill in some of the blanks.

Keinning

people asking for a switch version, this is FFXV, not FFV

game already struggles a lot to be playable on X1

I like Noct, but Ignis is the Ultimate Husbando. He cooks, he cleans, he gently berates you. What more can you ask for in a soul mate. Also impeccable hair and fashion sense.

only thing the dude can cook without me busting my ass to get ingredients is cheese pizza. i can do cheese pizza myself

at least go for dino he gives you pretty gems

Neiteio

Switch port. Believe.

Seriously though, it's probably just a PC version.
A Switch port would be amazing. The system is perfectly suited for replaying massive adventures since you could chip away at it at any time by simply booting up the system (all of three seconds to get into a game) and put it away just as quickly. It'd definitely encourage me to go through the game again from the start to experience all the new content.

But yeah, I imagine it'd be difficult porting this game to Switch, given that its performance was a bit uneven on more powerful systems.

Socivol

Yeah, I wish they'd take all the energy they're pouring into an unnecessary multiplayer mode and instead use it to craft a few more scenarios and cutscenes that can really round out certain character arcs (again, most critically, the Noct-Luna relationship).

It's a fantastic game, but I wish my imagination didn't have to fill in some of the blanks.

Agreed 100%. The multiplayer seems really unneeded for this game (although the way it's set up they might provide some of those additional story elements in the quests). The off road Regalia was super lame to me as well when we still have framepacing issues on the PS4 Pro that could really be fixed.

Gbraga

you can have him, i'll take cid

go bolder, go older

Teach them boys a lesson

You're not wrong, you're not wrong...

Noct is so cute with all the naps, though.

If we play as Noctis, then I'll marry Ignis.

Neiteio

only thing the dude can cook without me busting my ass to get ingredients is cheese pizza. i can do cheese pizza myself

at least go for dino he gives you pretty gems
As a career journalist, Dino amuses me. I should start talking like him.

Top Bottom