• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

KahooTs

The showboating and finishing ppl doesn't make it more interesting to me. Fighting a Garcia or the like would, I'll pay for that. But I'll keep tuning in to watch his skill in non competitive fights if it's not going to cost me anything.

Sentenza

Loma vs Crawford would be great.
Crawford is a big 140 who's occasionally criticized for not moving up to 147 and Loma a 130 who started smaller and is now considering moving up to 135.
It wouldn't make much sense.

Loma was super reckless in this one. I don't like it.
He's trying to build an audience making himself recognizable as a character, not just win.

That's why he often showboats and takes unnecessary risks.

Turin

Banned
He's trying to build an audience making himself recognizable as a character, not just win.

That's why he often showboats and takes unnecessary risks.

He did that more impressively in his previous fights. Granted this was an opponent deliberately fighting in a pretty tight shell with every intention of surviving 12 rounds but the amount of chances he was a giving Marriaga was absurd.

Turin

Banned
Timothy Bradley's officially retired. Had a great run. One of my favorites ever since he came onto the scene in 2008.

Turin

Banned
How come he retired already? He was a promising boxer and I wanted to see him vs several welterweights.

There wasn't much left for him to do. Crawford is his friend and he wasn't going to get a match with Haymon's fighters any time soon. At 33 he could probably still beat someone like Danny Garcia or Shawn Porter but he already found his limit against Pacquiao and made a lot of money.

TuXx

I wonder if his resume is enough to get him into the hall.

His best wins are against Peterson, a sloppy decision over Devon Alexander, a false victory against Pac and a brutal war against Provodnikov who's a C+ to a B- level fighter at best.

The Marquez win might get him there but I still don't know if that's enough.

PR_rambo

Banned
You guys, I've been telling coworkers how Claressa Shields would beat Mcgregor in a boxing match. Hilarity ensued. They were pretty pissed!

Remember how many times we heard that nonsense about Rousey? lol

Tom_Cody

Here are some random gifs I made recently. Enjoy.

Errol Spence lands a nice combo on Kell Brook in the 6th:
CavernousGrimAmericanwirehair.gif

Erickson Lubin lays out Alexis Camacho
AcclaimedDaringAoudad.gif

How come he retired already? He was a promising boxer and I wanted to see him vs several welterweights.

Uh... what? "Promising"? Bradley is great but you're a little late on calling him "promising" - the dude has been a regular world titlist for almost ten years.

Tim is 33 with a 13-year career in the sport. The guy has held five world titles and has been in world championship bouts with regularity for almost a decade. He's had a very long career. Could he fight more? Sure, but retirement definitely makes sense for him as well.

New to boxing maybe?

Tom_Cody

Who else is excited for Crawford-Indongo this weekend?

Crawford is in my top 3 P4P and he's in with a solid titlist. This fight should be a great display of skill.

You have to love Indongo's story. Relatively unknown fighter from a small country goes to his opponents backyard, beats them to become a World Champion, and has earned an opportunity at history.

Sentenza

Crawford-Indongo tonight. Rare for all the belts to be on the line so I'm very much looking forward to it.
Can't wait.

I don't even have a preference.
On one side, Crawford is a true talent. On the other, there's always this vague tendency to cheer for the underdog.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Didn't Indongo fight like just over a month ago?

edit: Uh, apparently it was in April... Time is flying by too fast :(

edit2: Holy shit that right by Alvarado was like a truck to the face.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ok I confused Crawford with Indongo. Only saw his last match.

Not sure who to root for, I guess Crawford.

edit: Damn that lyfe, have to root for Indongo here. But Crawford is a good guy too.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Indongo fought like someone who didn't have a reach advantage, swinging wildly. Let him off balance and wide open.

Top Bottom