• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Jimrpg

60 here (45 Physical). A long way back from some people here (Shadowman16! NDPyscho!) but there's enough there to keep me going for a good 5 years or so (along with other platforms I have) that I can't really justify getting too many more unless its dirt cheap or something that's an absolute must have. Am debating on Tokyo Xanadu, Ys VIII, Summon Night 6 though I could easily get them on PS4 too. Skipped on Gundam Breaker 3. My backlog is over 100 games....

I definitely want to take a picture at some point, but my Vita collection is in two locations at the moment, half where I'm living now in Malaysia and half in Australia (my home) (Base.com don't ship to Malaysia).

Btw old news but I just learned of these - GPD Q9, GPD XD, JXD s7800b. The Q9 and X7800b are 7" android tablets with physical buttons, GPD XD screen is a bit smaller (5" screen) with a clam shell design. If the Vita ever truly dies out, I hope at the very least they continue making something like this and that devs put out console/handheld like games on the android system. Would be the best place to play VNs and strategy games with a nice big screen.

Shizuka

I wonder what I'm getting for June. I have God Wars limited edition pre-ordered, probably getting Tokyo Xanadu limited edition as well and Summon Night 6 is already paid for. I'll get Deemo, Broken Age and Dariusburst from Limited Run Games and maybe Drive Girls from Play-Asia. That's a lot for a single month.

I wonder what I'm getting for June. I have God Wars limited edition pre-ordered, probably getting Tokyo Xanadu limited edition as well and Summon Night 6 is already paid for. I'll get Deemo, Broken Age and Dariusburst from Limited Run Games and maybe Drive Girls from Play-Asia. That's a lot for a single month.

Getting BRoken age (dunno if both or just vita) + maybe deemo. God Wars LE not buying unless amazon. Tokyo Xanadu for sure buying. Also getting superbeat xonic. Doubt ill play it on ps4 since i love it on vita but yea why not. also getting ever oasis and rpg maker on 3ds. Valkyria revolution on xbox one maybe for the lulz.

joe2187

Banned
My collection and My Vita + a dream for the future

wunDsUc.jpg

5gkAPoy.jpg

Here's mine after starting in August 2015:

Have the LE boxes for these all stored away as well:

Ar Nosurge Plus
Atelier Escha and Logy Plus
Atelier Shallie Plus
MeiQ
Senran Kagura Estival/Shinovi Versus
Trails of Cold Steel
Yomawari

Have no digital Vita releases, but I'm sure that will change at some point, especially since I can't bring myself to open Ar Nosurge considering it's value now.

joe2187

Banned
Nice!

Is that the metallic red Vita?

I really can't decide between the red or the white for my next Vita... the red just looks like a 'special' edition even though its not.

The Neon Orange Japan import Vita on Amazon was $170 with free shipping one day and I just insta boughted. which was nice since my Lightblue/White one's analog stick was dying.

The one I have now is the one you can see reviewed in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26GZT6e_7E0

Jimrpg

The Neon Orange Japan import Vita on Amazon was $170 with free shipping one day and I just insta boughted. which was nice since my Lightblue/White one's analog stick was dying.

The one I have now is the one you can see reviewed in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26GZT6e_7E0

Ah yes the neon orange and red can look pretty similar depending on the photo. The Neon Orange is available across asia, but seems like the red is only in Japan from the sites I've looked around in.

It would be awesome if you guys can post pictures of your collections. I love seeing a bunch of Vita games all lined up. I'll post mine up soonish.

"Accidentally," sure ;D

I really need to take a new pic (or pics) of my collection. Its spanning 4-5 rather large shelves now. So glad the Vita cases are so small! Makes storing them so much easier.

263 physical here, think I can make 300 by the time English releases stop coming out. I have only a few Japan region releases though. Always wanted to learn the language when I was younger, just don't feel like putting in the time now.

I've ended up getting all Euro releases and almost all American releases (I'm a couple short, but nothing I find myself really needing at the moment). Funny thing is, I never planned to get every Euro game, but I found myself basically buying everything anyway just to play, so I just decided to collect for the system anyway. Plus with the LRG stuff and other low print games its ended up becoming a fun system to collect for. I've also got a whole ton of Japanese imports, just because there are still quite a few weird and wonderful games that never got released outside of Japan :(

That said, the only reason I buy the games is to play them, otherwise I couldn't justify collecting for the system to myself! So even after the Vita is gone in Japan, I'll still have many games to play. I'm considering grabbing a few more Vita's just to be on the safe side, just in case my existing one eventually dies.

Ventara

My collection and My Vita + a dream for the future

Here's mine after starting in August 2015:

Have the LE boxes for these all stored away as well:

Ar Nosurge Plus
Atelier Escha and Logy Plus
Atelier Shallie Plus
MeiQ
Senran Kagura Estival/Shinovi Versus
Trails of Cold Steel
Yomawari

Have no digital Vita releases, but I'm sure that will change at some point, especially since I can't bring myself to open Ar Nosurge considering it's value now.

Very nice collections! There's a few key titles that I see here that I still need to pick up. Joe, what are the first 3 titles in the top left and the 3 between Stranger of the Sword City and Nightmare Princess?

Anyways, here's a quick pic of my Vita games. Will take one of my LE a little later.

joe2187

Banned
Very nice collections! There's a few key titles that I see here that I still need to pick up. Joe, what are the first 3 titles in the top left and the 3 between Stranger of the Sword City and Nightmare Princess?

Anyways, here's a quick pic of my Vita games. Will take one of my LE a little later.

Trillion God of destruction, Nep Vs Zombies, Nep Vs Sega Hard Girls, Mei Q Labyrinth

and the Japanese ones are Airship Q, Skullgirls, and the ones obscured are Operation Babel, Operation Abyss, And Corpse Party Blood Drive.

Ventara

Anyways, that last pic was a joke. I hoped you all laughed at how amazingly funny it was. Here's my actual collection.

Sorry for the crappy quality; I was using my phone. Tried to take a few close-ups to clarify any titles. Edit: LOL, didn't realize I had linked the same image from above. My bad. I have images turned off for Gaf, that's why I didn't notice.

And here my my Limited Editions/First Prints. I've stopped buying them except in cases where it's the only way to acquire the physical copy.

Not counting duplicates (I went through a stage were I bought 2 copies of a game; thankfully it's over), I have 105 regular Vita titles and 28 LE/FPs. Further not counting duplicates across regular and LE/FPs, I have 128 unique Vita titles.

NDPsycho

I've ended up getting all Euro releases and almost all American releases (I'm a couple short, but nothing I find myself really needing at the moment). Funny thing is, I never planned to get every Euro game, but I found myself basically buying everything anyway just to play, so I just decided to collect for the system anyway. Plus with the LRG stuff and other low print games its ended up becoming a fun system to collect for. I've also got a whole ton of Japanese imports, just because there are still quite a few weird and wonderful games that never got released outside of Japan :(

That said, the only reason I buy the games is to play them, otherwise I couldn't justify collecting for the system to myself! So even after the Vita is gone in Japan, I'll still have many games to play. I'm considering grabbing a few more Vita's just to be on the safe side, just in case my existing one eventually dies.

Kind of similar, I had initially only went for a full NA set, but then picked up all English Asian and then any Euro releases that didn't hit NA or Asia. I'm missing one Euro title yet, just haven't picked it up. I hope to have a full English set, though I'm not normally bothering with getting a release from one region if I already have it from another. I have bought some games that I have little interest in playing to keep things complete, but not many (looking at you Handball...). I think the Vita has about the highest percentage of games that actually interest me in it's library since the Dreamcast.

I also have hardware concerns, so even though I have 2 vita's, I also have 2 playstation (or Vita depending on your region) tv's. Sure they won't play every game, but they're a solid backup for most of the library and don't have a battery that can fail.

sibarraz

Banned
Is there a list with the great vita games that people must play?

I only have

-Shiren the Wanderer
- Ys Memories of Celceta
-Dragon's Crown
-Muramasa
- Technika Tune

Ventara

Is there a list with the great vita games that people must play?

I only have

-Shiren the Wanderer
- Ys Memories of Celceta
-Dragon's Crown
-Muramasa
- Technika Tune

It's all mostly opinions, but ones that I think are absolutely fantastic that you haven't mentioned are

Odin Sphere
Dragon Quest Builders
Shovel Knight
Persona 4 Golden
Gravity Rush
The Nonary Games
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2
Disgaea 3 & 4
Steins;Gate and 0

There's a bunch more, but those are the best I've played so far.

I decided to dig up that retailer leaking from earlier this year that had Chaos;Child in it and they had YU-NO too. I had completely forgotten about that. Such VN love from PQube this year!

I'm still wondering whether we'll get Desire Remastered or EVE Burst Error R, though. I'd love both.

(And I'm still waiting for Sekai Project to finally get their arse into gear, ugh).

18-Volt

I decided to dig up that retailer leaking from earlier this year that had Chaos;Child in it and they had YU-NO too. I had completely forgotten about that. Such VN love from PQube this year!

I'm still wondering whether we'll get Desire Remastered or EVE Burst Error R, though. I'd love both.

(And I'm still waiting for Sekai Project to finally get their arse into gear, ugh).

Yu-No has just released in Japan, I don't think they'd start translation right away. It could take time, maybe it's for 2018.

But yes, Eve is the my other most wanted VN. I heard interesting about both Eve and Yu-No, I can't want to see what the whole fuss about.

My third most wanted VN is Angelique Retour, mother of all otomes. I remember British NGC (gamecube) magazine had a article about it when it came out for GBA in Jaban back in the day and since then I've been waiting for Koei to localize a version.

Yu-No has just released in Japan, I don't think they'd start translation right away. It could take time, maybe it's for 2018.

I believe I heard that the Steins;Gate 0 translation started almost immediately after the Japan release. It wouldn't be out of the question, though the release could still end up in 2018 like you said...

jzbluz

I have about 30 digital and 35 physical games. Not a lot compared to most of you, but Vita is the console that I have bought the most games for and I only buy RPGs(not even all them), otome games, and music games.

My third most wanted VN is Angelique Retour, mother of all otomes. I remember British NGC (gamecube) magazine had a article about it when it came out for GBA in Jaban back in the day and since then I've been waiting for Koei to localize a version.

The closest Koei will get to localizing their otome games is including Darius (Harukanaru 6) in Warriors All Star.

18-Volt

i think you have those last two digits backwards.

Come on, this is PQube, not XSEED, They're doing pretty great job localizing games and they're probably faster than anyone. Root Letter came out in west 5 months after Japanese release. It's their doing. Yu-No is much bigger game, so it won't be 5 months. But it won't be 64 years either.

Come on, this is PQube, not XSEED, They're doing pretty great job localizing games and they're probably faster than anyone. Root Letter came out in west 5 months after Japanese release. It's their doing. Yu-No is much bigger game, so it won't be 5 months. But it won't be 64 years either.

To be fair, the reason they're so fast is that for the majority of their games they're only involved in publishing and marketing (5pb. titles included). The few recent games they were involved directly in the localization process for still seemed to go through the process pretty quickly, though.

In the case of YU-NO specifically, 5pb. has been starting to go at a pretty nice clip lately so I'd certainly expect it by 2018 at the latest.

AniHawk

yu-no isn't just a much bigger game, it's one of the biggest games in terms of character counts.

if they're going to have it out in a year, they would be purchasing/paying off the people who did the fan translation from a while ago.

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jagged85/lists/top-25-longest-game-scripts/89583/
the thing is basically two steins;gates put together, and that only happened for vita because i'm pretty sure pqube just used jast usa's edit.

yu-no isn't just a much bigger game, it's one of the biggest games in terms of character counts.

if they're going to have it out in a year, they would be purchasing/paying off the people who did the fan translation from a while ago.

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jagged85/lists/top-25-longest-game-scripts/89583/
the thing is basically two steins;gates put together, and that only happened for vita because i'm pretty sure pqube just used jast usa's edit.

I looked at another page with size listings and YU-NO had an interesting footnote:
All text: 98392 lines, 3.90 MB (3.09 MB without speaker tags) 'Unique lines: 53994 lines, 2.42 MB (1.93 MB without speaker tags).

Not sure exactly what's up with the "unique lines" but I think that means significantly less things to actually translate. We're getting Chaos;Child (presumably) less than a year after Steins;Gate 0, and it's the longest Science Adventure title so far. It's not crazy to think that YU-NO could be released within a year and a half.

AniHawk

I looked at another page with size listings and YU-NO had an interesting footnote:

Not sure exactly what's up with the "unique lines" but I think that means significantly less things to actually translate. We're getting Chaos;Child (presumably) less than a year after Steins;Gate 0, and it's the longest Science Adventure title so far. It's not crazy to think that YU-NO could be released within a year and a half.

unique lines means non-duplicates. in games with branching paths or common phrases (someone saying 'no' or simply, ellipses), they are lines that don't require the same level of scrutiny. however, they still do need an editor because context is important and depending on what else is going on, they might need further translation.

regarding chaos;child, pqube's had since 2015 to figure that one out.

and a good rule of thumb is that generally one day = 10,000 characters, or roughly 400 lines of text. if you get someone to hunker down and only focus on one title that hard, that's about 6.5 months for the unique lines and about another 3 for the duplicate text. toss in manufacturing time, submission time, testing, programming, holidays, and rating submission time, october 2018 is probably an early scenario for release.

regarding chaos;child, pqube's had since 2015 to figure that one out.

I'll defer to you on translation speed and things, but as far as Chaos;Child goes I know for a fact that Steins;Gate 0 and Chaos;Child translation (which again, were not done by PQube but by a translation team contracted directly by 5pb.) did not overlap, and S;G 0's translation was completed at around this time last year. So Chaos;Child's translation has had at most a year of work done on it, and probably less since they're already showing gameplay at cons.

AniHawk

I'll defer to you on translation speed and things, but as far as Chaos;Child goes I know for a fact that Steins;Gate 0 and Chaos;Child translation (which again, were not done by PQube but by a translation team contracted directly by 5pb.) did not overlap, and S;G 0's translation was completed at around this time last year. So Chaos;Child's translation has had at most a year of work done on it, and probably less since they're already showing gameplay at cons.

i've known 5pb/mages to do that sort of thing. i wouldn't have expected for them to do it for the other science adventure games.

flohen95

Since people have been posting their collections, here's mine:

Games are sorted alphabetically, bottom to top, left to right, since I had to take them out of the shelf where they are sorted horizontally and I didn't feel like rearranging them just for one picture. Unless I miscounted, it should be 104 games.

And here's a picture of the LE boxes that I have. These games are also in the picture above, these are just the boxes:

Thanks for ruining my dreams about YU-NO :(

That just makes me hopeful that they'll have something else coming for this year then. Chaos;Child & Punchline is a bit of an anemic lineup, though I suppose they'll be doing European distribution for other stuff like EDF and SG/ZH.

flohen95

Flohen95 - great collection!

But what about Steins;Gate 0?
Thanks!

That's still on my to-buy-list. If I had infinite monetary resources, I'd already be on that, but as it stands, I'm waiting for the right moment - there's actually a handful of Vita games I want to import from Britian (since that's where I can usually get them cheapest), but due to other stuff (Switch and Fire Emblem Echoes, mainly) I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

18-Volt

Ooooor, they might have started translation process long before the game released this year in Japan. Using Saturn version's script, since that and PS4/Vita remake have exact same script save for couple of additions.

I'm pretty confident we'll see western release either this year fall or next year spring season.
2018 is more likely, though.

AniHawk

Ooooor, they might have started translation process long before the game released this year in Japan. Using Saturn version's script, since that and PS4/Vita remake have exact same script save for couple of additions.

I'm pretty confident we'll see western release either this year fall or next year spring season.
2018 is more likely, though.

i mean in that case, just buy and edit from the fan translation that's already done. get the text box sizes and fit everything in properly. that level of work would still make it 2018.

Top Bottom