• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nia

CYhgGYG.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm guessing this will go up to the end of the current Murata work and then save later events for a season 3 a few years down the road?

-Ryn

Banned
of course there is, but obviously not some official translation since it's a webcomic
Would you happen to have a link? I can't seem to find one that doesn't lead to 404 hell.

Edit

Just caught up to where the anime is and holy shit the web comic is a lot of fun to read. The art style is weirdly charming too. Comparing it with the anime and seeing the little bits that have been changed or added on is especially nice. What stands out most for me would be the character interaction and development. It got majorly expanded upon in the anime (which I would assume is mostly due to the manga rather than the anime itself); moreso than I anticipated.

Looking forward to giving the manga a go to get an even better idea of how they compare. I imagine it will be the best of the 3 (or at least the most well rounded). Thanks again Stallion!

HStallion

Hmmm I did not since I don't really follow anime outside of DBZ

Where can I find that ?

Legally I'm actually not sure. There are a couple random episodes on Adultswim.com since the show has already come and gone on Toonami. There might be a blu ray out there and I'm sure some of the bigger streaming services have it.

Edit: I guess you're also in luck as the second season has been announced and should be out next year sometime, I suspect around the fall.

Legally I'm actually not sure. There are a couple random episodes on Adultswim.com since the show has already come and gone on Toonami. There might be a blu ray out there and I'm sure some of the bigger streaming services have it.

Edit: I guess you're also in luck as the second season has been announced and should be out next year sometime, I suspect around the fall.

Thanks for the info

I will keep a lookout for a possible bluray

Regiruler

It still has the rerun slot right now on toonami. The selection is whatever was in the past 6 weeks, more or less.

HStallion

It still has the rerun slot right now on toonami. The selection is whatever was in the past 6 weeks, more or less.

Yeah its like the last 5 episodes of season 1 so not really a good place to jump into the series lol.

I can't wait for season 2 though its not going to cover what I thought it was originally seeing how much Murata and ONE have added to the redraw.

Just finished binging through the season.

Saitama Da Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Genos is dope but he keeps getting rekt. lols. These S class heroes are so snobby about their shitty ass ranking.

What chapter does s1 end?

HStallion

Just finished binging through the season.

Saitama Da Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Genos is dope but he keeps getting rekt. lols. These S class heroes are so snobby about their shitty ass ranking.

What chapter does s1 end?

Mid 30's in the Murata version which is what the anime follows. I'm guessing season 2 will cover up to 70's or 80's if its another 12/13 episode season.

HStallion

Should pick up from there or wait for the anime?

Up to you honestly. Season 2 is announced for next year. I believe in the Fall but don't hold me to that. At the rate Murata is going he should be wrapping up the next arc in what I would expect is the next ten to twenty chapters. There is also the webcomic in ONE's much rougher style but Murata has added a ton of new content, characters and entire events to his redraw version and the anime follows that so again, that's more up to how far ahead you want to read.

I'm curious to see how people handle the next season as Murata and ONE are leaning in on the anime/manga tropes a lot harder than ONE's original and much quicker paced webcomic. Anyways the art in Murata's version is amazing so I'd say start at the beginning. Also Murata has a ton of side chapters and bonus chapters in his version that flesh out a lot of the S Class heroes and other side characters.

Oh and by the way there are like 6 bonus episodes of the One Punch Man anime that you can find that high light characters like Sonic and Genos and how Saitama got his hero costume.

LifeLike

I just started watching this series and it references to a lot of old manga/anime right?
Like Carnage Kabuto is clearly a reference to Eva Unit 01. It has the same color scheme.
Anyways nice show and the opening song is fucking epic.

Capra

I'm morbidly curious to see reactions to season 2 considering the reactions to the manga.

Are people not enjoying the manga?

It's less action-focused overall up to where I'm at, but I absolutely love King and Garou and I can't wait to see them in animated form.

HStallion

Are people not enjoying the manga?

It's less action-focused overall up to where I'm at, but I absolutely love King and Garou and I can't wait to see them in animated form.

One and Murata have added a ton of content and because of that your barely see these two characters. It also plays into a lot Of Shonen/manga tropes when the dust season/arcs would Lambast a lot of this stuff. I enjoy it for the most part and what they're doing makes sense but a lot of readers seem put off by it all.

HStallion

They'll probably clean up the pacing issues and stuff in S2

I expect season 2 to end with in a place that will leave a lot of folks unsatisfied unless the show is much longer than 13 episodes and goes way past where the Murata manga is at this point.

HStallion

maybe ONE will give Madhouse the plot in advance, then

I'm guessing the second season ends with the martial arts tournament myself. The amount of chapters covered by season 1 is the just about the same as we are at right now in the manga. I expect season 3 will be when we get the actual
Garou and Monster Association arcs

Scavenger

Justin Sevakis was originally going to do the One Punch Man Blu-ray disc authoring for Viz, but he was unfortunately fired. Video compression will probably be shit now. Will probably pick the German or Italian blu-ray instead.

Is this region free?
Viz usually region locks their titles. Kazé will do the UK release.

I was going to start watching this today, as I saw people mentioning you could find the DUB version on Netflix or Hulu. Checked both, and I am only seeing Sub. Guess I am waiting longer.

Moaradin

I'm still a bit worried about S2 if it doesn't finish this arc. Hopefully ONE and Murata are working close with the anime team to make sure that happens, even if the manga doesn't finish in time.

theWB27

Curious what will happen considering the manga seems to be on a mini hiatus and the arc that I would assume would end season 2 isn't finished yet. Guess they could just make something up if its a prolonged break.

Its disappointing that hiatus came at this juncture. They were going in before that though.

HStallion

Its disappointing that hiatus came at this juncture. They were going in before that though.

What's worse is that this is all new content for the Murata version so its not like the animators can just crib from the original ONE webcomic and use the Murata character designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom