• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a movie you know is crap but will watch anyway if it's on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start.
large_sIEzTGvGW3RCqxF9JAtYPJkz4dj.jpg

Brakke

Banned
Mine is Blue Streak. Every time I watch I think "yeah I should just be watching Beverley Hills Cop instead" but I dunno there's just something comfortable about it.

Sephzilla

Phantom Menace or Revenge of the Sith. Sometimes watching a car wreck is entertaining

Alternatively, a good chunk of the pre-reboot Star Trek movies are pretty bad too. But I'll watch them anyway.

Jedi2016

The first one that comes to mind is Chronicles of Riddick. Yeah, it's full of stupid fun, but I remember thinking when I first saw it that it just wasn't very good. But I have it on DVD and I'll happily watch it time and again. No idea why.

DiscoJer

Scorpion Kings 2-4. For some reason they get shown a lot on some channel I don't normally watch (Fuse?) and I see it and stop.

I mean, the original was not a great movie, the only real attraction was that it stared The Rock. But the sequels star random former UFC guys, as near as I can tell and they are probably the best actors in the cast.

Maximo

John Carter its just...there but if its a boring Sunday or happens to be on TV when I have nothing to do...yeah sure.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Godzilla_%281998_Movie_Poster%29.jpg

I have rewatched it more than any other Godzilla film and I fucking love the original one.

2 Fast 2 Furious. It was on today at work but I couldn't bring myself to change it to the news so customers had to listen to Tyrese saying he's always hungry and a lot of "Bro".

karasu

Aby Eddie Murphy or Martin Lawrence movie that's not one of the greats. Like Black Knight? I love that shit despite how stupid it is.

KRaZyAmmo

2 Fast 2 Furious. It was on today at work but I couldn't bring myself to change it to the news so customers had to listen to Tyrese saying he's always hungry and a lot of "Bro".

I wanna add Tokyo Drift to this. The only reason I watch is because DoriDori is in it as a cameo and some cars are real demo cars.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is terrible in a way that's downright surreal. Most of the action sequences are incomprehensible, the human interactions are bizarre, and the plot is just plain illogical with characters walking outside and suddenly being halfway across the globe with no explanation. It's amazing to watch because of how completely insane it is.

Oersted

Name escaped me right now, but its a scifi movie from the end of the 90ties/early 00.

Evil alien crashlands in girlsschool, some kind of warriorprincess goes after it. She teams up with the janitor I think.

Before anyone gets their hopes up, there is barely any fanservice and even the fanservice is bad. Its just a allaround failure.

Apt101

Any disaster movie. Give me that epic scope, pseudo science, cataclysmic stakes. I don't care of it's something pretty good like The Perfect Storm or butt like The Core. I'll watch 'em all.

venomenon

Mike Mendez' Killers

Any Olaf Ittenbach movie

Story of Ricky

Versus

And I'll second Blair Witch 2, although I actually don't think it deserves to be shit on that hard.

daveo42

Banned
Any of the Star Wars prequels. I remember when Spike would just run them every weekend and I'd leave it on in the background just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom