• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pres. Trump declines Nationals' invite to throw first pitch

What's the real reason Trump declined?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danthefan

“I was always the best athlete. Something that nobody knew about me. …I was the best baseball player in New York when I was young. … But I also knew that it was very limited, because in those days you couldn’t even make a lot of money playing baseball. … Everybody wanted me to be a baseball player. But I was good in other sports too. I was good in wresting, I was very good at football. I was always the best at sports.”

http://www.sportsgrid.com/as-seen-o...p-i-was-the-best-baseball-player-in-new-york/

I believe in Donnie

I read the quote in your post just assuming it was a parody. I can't believe it's real, my god.

Ernest

Banned
Trump may be a goddamn liar, but he can't lie to himself, so he KNOWS he'll get booed, which I'm sure keeps him up at night.

Yep.

And there's no way Trump would have been able to dodge a shoe like ole Dubya, thats for sure.

qoRve8o.gif

Dubya was a dick... But he handled that situation like a goddamn boss.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
America needs to stop letting those boring fat guys play baseball. Get in on this comicbook shit. This would make me watch baseball.

You'd stop watching anyway when you realize none of that spinning flippy shit doesn't result in any additional speed or break or consistency and the pitchers either walk everyone or get hammered because they end up focusing on just trying to get the ball over the plate.

antibolo

Banned
zkuo73bpgkchre286853wcyuo.gif

If we are doing throw gifs, let's do this shit proper. Thread was missing this one.

That looks fucking terrible, there's a very clear beat between her spinning around, and actually throwing the ball.

At least in the previous gifs they tried to make it seem like a single continous action.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New exercise aside from the thread poll...where on this chart would Trump's pitch end up at if he were to throw out the first pitch?

tLajS0j.jpg

Clinton had the best pitch - right on the edge. Bush threw a meatball down the plate, that would have been crushed.

You'd stop watching anyway when you realize none of that spinning flippy shit doesn't result in any additional speed or break or consistency and the pitchers either walk everyone or get hammered because they end up focusing on just trying to get the ball over the plate.
Fat guys pitching is what makes baseball great.

I don't wanna live on a planet where Bartolo Colon isn't pitching with jiggle and awkwardly trying to find seating arrangements for his other family.

New exercise aside from the thread poll...where on this chart would Trump's pitch end up at if he were to throw out the first pitch?

tLajS0j.jpg
Fifteen feet before the plate.

I honestly don't believe he could throw it the 45 or so feet from where they have the ceremonial pitch thrown.

norm9

tLajS0j.jpg

Clinton had the best pitch - right on the edge. Bush threw a meatball down the plate, that would have been crushed.

Unlessed it bounced, Avril Lavigne was dusting the plate.

tLajS0j.jpg

Lol Michael Jordan. Didnt he play AA? Was he drunk or something?

I guess Nolan Ryan is the most embarassing one.

Rorschach

tLajS0j.jpg

Clinton is such a boss.

jiggle

tLajS0j.jpg

Trick question
He`d drop it cuz he`s never held such gigantic ball

zashga

There's no way he would get the ball anywhere near the plate. There's also no way he lets himself be seen in public wearing anything resembling baseball attire.

blackjaw

This isn't about his pitch it's about showing his face in public (real public not a rally of only supporters or on your private golf course), since his inauguration.

He can't take the fact that people really don't like him. His self awareness is horrible.

Ruruja

Those terrible pitch gifs are getting me surprisingly angry.

People who can't throw an object properly boggle the mind.

It's as easy as George W Bush makes it look.

Boem

“I was always the best athlete. Something that nobody knew about me. …I was the best baseball player in New York when I was young. … But I also knew that it was very limited, because in those days you couldn’t even make a lot of money playing baseball. … Everybody wanted me to be a baseball player. But I was good in other sports too. I was good in wresting, I was very good at football. I was always the best at sports.”

http://www.sportsgrid.com/as-seen-o...p-i-was-the-best-baseball-player-in-new-york/

I believe in Donnie

I could have sworn I was reading a parody until I got to the link.

Jesus F. Christ.

tLajS0j.jpg

Damn, Verne Troyer's arms are like 12 inches long and he's still schooling half the people in this pic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this thread became a good thread.

some of those flippy gifs are straight out of anime, in fact, what was that Baseball anime, not new, this would be old because I saw it as a kid (like in the late 80s), where they had all sorts of special moves?

One guy hit the ball with the bottom of the bat for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom