• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale GTTV Video

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yeah but SE is too fickle these days.

Well, there was this:

Sackboy-Cloud-2.jpg

Hopefully it comes... At least DLC. :p

Apath

Looks exactly like Smash Brothers, which is pretty great. Do we know if PS3 exclusive excludes Vita, or is there a possibility of an announcement in the future? (Hopefully this doesn't constitute port begging.)

pargonta

Take note Nintendo. That's how you make a Super Smash Brothers game.

on the contrary.. this looks to show how smoothly designed brawl and co. were.

look at the health bars in these screens, how is that feasable in such a game? we'll see if it can be managable but it looks a bit messed.

jett

D-Member
Do former Gameloft employees work at Superbot?

I KEED. I guess those that like Smash and are without a Nintendo console will be really excited about this.

With all these GameLoft jokes and outraged Nintendo fans we're halfway to an AllStar thread bingo card!

although seriously the graphics/colors in that video do not look very good

AGITΩ

I...guess they have a memorable cast? idk, its a smash game with characters relatively foreign to me. Although I own a PS2 and PS3 the only game I own that has a SOE Logo on it is White Knight Chronicles.
Though I doubt this will be as popular is smash, simply because the brand characters are few commonly recognizable unless only a Sony fan, I guess its a homage without stating so official, like most Sony's copies of well known Nintendo made attempts.
I would like to see Sakurai's reaction though, he will probably go into full on Smash mode. The competition can only make the next smash better. After all, he delayed Kid Icarus after seeing Resident Evil on 3DS and went "I could make this better". So if anything, this makes me more excited for the next smash bros.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Take note Nintendo. That's how you make a Super Smash Brothers game.

What does this mean exactly? Incorporating different franchises into the environment was very cool, but how exactly does this look better than any SSB game? I'm not saying this is a bad game and I've been interested in this from the announcement, but it looked exactly like SSB to me.

Yeah! But without tripping.

Alright, yeah, that was stupid as hell.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Isn't the aura color there so you can tell different players apart, if using same character?

I mean no color palette swap, just aura color

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The only thing that bothers me about making a Smash-like game is the inevitable All-Stars vs Smash Bros. arguments that are bound to happen. It's going to be terrible.

By terrible you mean amazing, then I agree.

The Forza vs. Gran Turismo thread might be able to retire with the glory that will be SSBB vs PASBR.

Aru

And now I remember there are others of 4-player 2D fighters that aren't like Smash Bros:
- Jump Super/Ultimate Stars
- Battle Stadium D.O.N
- One Piece Gigant Battle
- Rag Doll Kung Fu

PSASBR is more like those.

cnizzle06

Banned
...Exactly like a Smash Bros. game?

By making a smash bros clone? THE SNAKE IS EATING ITS OWN TAIL D:

on the contrary.. this looks to show how smoothly designed brawl and co. were.

look at the health bars in these screens, how is that feasable in such a game? we'll see if it can be managable but it looks a bit messed.

What does this mean exactly? Incorporating different franchises into the environment was very cool, but how exactly does this look better than any SSB game? I'm not saying this is a bad game and I've been interested in this from the announcement, but it looked exactly like SSB to me.

Alright, yeah, that was stupid as hell.

So... you are being sarcastic then? I just can't tell anymore, what with comments like.

Whelp. I think I got enough people to jump on my silly comment. Night Gaf!

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm a huge Playstation guy and I have no desire to play this. Super Smash Bros appeal to me was the Nintendo Characters themselves and all the trophies and nostalgia overload the games provide.

TriGen

I agree. I was genuinely not impressed by this. It just doesn't look right for some reason. I'm eager to see more at E3 though and learn more about the game. I'm hoping there is a cool single player campaign kind of like Subspace Emissary.

I feel the same way, it does look/feel kind of odd. I'm with you though, if there is a neat single-player mode I might get interested.

Top Bottom