• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: The voices in my head tell me to take your money and run

Orayn

This is hilarious, and I cant feel bad because more than having a real illness she is more probably a scammer.

Did you read the rambling blog post on her Deviantart? It seems a little too crazy to fake, and I'm pretty sure she's showing signs of actually being schizophrenic.

And this is what scares me about Kickstarter. No guarantee.

There should be a way to monitor expenditures and how wisely they are spending it. If the spending is not satisfactory or if the product is not close to being completed then everyone gets a share of their money back.

This is exactly why I didn't back Double Fine Adventure.

Cause the entire team is full of schizophrenics?

Backing a team with past products and a big name has no harm. Worse come to worse this woman will find a work elsewhere. Double Fine's reputation, however, is at stake and will never get anothe backing like that.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Hmmm.....

Those look weird.

I think its the angle.

Is it the angle?

Hmmmm

I need to ponder on this for a bit.

Whelp that explains it.

Thank God for the mature content filter, and myself for resisting the temptation to sign up to DeviantArt.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
4chan may be trying to incite the (potential) crazy.

Wx64u.png

oh god :lol

Tess3ract

Banned
This woman wont find work because she's on goddamn disability.

also:

Since Silicon has been claiming to be seeking ways to limit population, Silicon should actually be in favor of this awareness, because the men are going to be uncomfortable they will most likely refuse to get pregnant and give birth to babies for the REAL women.

It's like she put some words into a cryptic MAD LIB generator

I was actually looking at supporting this game when it was originally being funded. Glad I didn't. The sun told me not to.

I've had nothing but good experiences with projects I've supported on Kickstarter so far (31). Hopefully I maintain that trend.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Scammers and crazy people get money like this while there's some people sitting at home with no money or food because their job sucks balls.

The Navy claims that it is a Galactic Navy, and that the word semen records how important they are to the Bar.

What happens to the Earth under their care will tell us exactly how true this is.
Remember, man was made in God's image.

The Galactic Bar is important to the Galaxy because it acts as a collaboration of stars that rotate around and vibrate together in unison... and they push communications outward to the edges of the Galaxy, so that planets and star systems have a stream of ideas and information coming to them that represents the wisdom of an entire living Galactic Being.

The Bar is the galaxy's nervous system, and its literally a giant transmitter that produces a signal in cosmic radiation... and we know that because it would take something larger than ONE STAR to create the very long wavelengths that cosmic radiation vibrate at.

I am told that the Bar is a test, and maybe the testicles represent two stars working together in the Bar...

And I was also told that the Bar transmits the signal that creates DNA, so that would obviously mean social engineering that is attacking anything with a penis is literally attempting to destroy the unified mind and communication ability of our Galaxy itself.

I refuse to limit my communications. I refuse to believe that I have to serve in suffering, physical labor, or ugliness. I want to live in a Galaxy that feels the exact same way.
And I'm not asking you to hurt her, since she's not on the same pathway that I am for the last few years, I don't see any reason to involve her... pro or con.

But I am kind of wondering why it feels like I have been doing all the work and suffering to communicate this situation to people, and the EM Shield Engineers keep making me listen to (at least someone they CLAIM is) Libby getting all sorts of rewards and respect for her "role as a Galactic Being" that I was told that she was no longer working on years ago.

I was told that she refused to communicate about it honestly, because she was afraid to. I was told that she was corrupted away from working for the Galactic Bar being, and that she even removed her own genetic material transmitter to signify that move, and that she had chosen a pathway that involved taking advantage of people "because pedobear"... although I can't vouch for the validity of these claims in relation to the actual person you were talking about.

If you can reward her, I expect at least equal treatment, although to be honest, I feel like I have moved this discussion forward way more effectively than she did, I don't say that to draw any negativity toward her, since I don't actually know her. (In other words, I don't know if you are really talking about her or were just using her as a carrot on a stick, metaphorically because you thought it would motivate me)

I'm just proud of my work, I think I have accomplished a lot, and I'm ready for happiness.

You promised on multiple occasions that this would be worth my efforts because you said this Galaxy is a beautiful woman looking to mate, and we know that it has a bar that transmits genetic material, and that it likes mating with other Galactic ladies... so stop trying to cause me suffering in my shoulder... and start giving me the same beauty you claimed that you gave Libby.

Don't act like you have to reward every single person on the planet just to reward me, because I KNOW you never put every single person on the planet through what I have been going through... so its obvious you have the ability to single me out just fine.
Anyways, NOW does it make more sense why a group of people who wanted to control great masses of Life would create transmitter systems like HAARP and station them right on top of the Earth's magnetic north pole, and tune them to speak directly into the top of the atmosphere, where the communications of the Sun first hit our planet?

Because as long as they control what the Sun and the Earth THINK is happening, they can literally transform this planet and the star system around it from a prison to a playground, and back again at will.

Now... can anyone help explain how they have been noticing the Navy influence our planet over the last few years? Honestly... I really don't know what you are going through... but they have been making it sound like everyone around me LOVES that they have started synching up our planet and the sun and I have even seen friends post on Facebook about traveling to the sun... or astral traveling.

So, is that YOUR experience?

Is this the Navy turning themselves into superhuman astral travelers that run around and sex up any woman they want to, while all the non-Navy men have to sit and listen to it because pedobear?
Let's do a deconstruction and comparison of these words:

L O V E

vs

H A T E

Love = femininse the circle, pull down energy.

Hate = widen those not meant to go up, oppose energy

Neither word fits my world view.
Here's a word with friendly social engineering:

Calm.

Sounds like com, as in .com or communication, but has a silent L feminising it.

C A L M

observe oneself, not marked to go up, femininse the middle (alt: reflection from above)

L I K E

Feminise exclusive/height, left-wall (aka solar shield that keeps something stuck on a planet) energy (alt: Everything)

aka

like: to create an identity that can loom over things and keep them for yourself.

In my opinion, Love is a form of unbalance, Hate is investing in the wrong things, Calm is stability, and Like is part of the institution of greed and control.

In case you haven't seen it, this is an old-ish list of letter meanings:

[link]

Here's a word that's powerfully relevant:

W H O R E

...as in, the whore of the apocalypse, mentioned in the book of Revelations.

Reflection from the bottom (alt: reproduction/double you), widen the circle, dual gender limited system with no flexibility (pirate) energy (alt: Everything)

aka

A whore is the realisation that women who over re-produce are actually the ones that should be carrying the burden of masculinity along with child birth, not the men.

NATURE'S HARMONIC FOUR DAY TIMECUBE

Tess3ract

Banned
Guys, I figured out what 'poopstick pedophile" is

BTW the "poopstick" consciousness is just people who really enjoy black penises. Either their own... or Jesus'.

actually...I'm even more confused now

mantidor

I feel bad for the 85 people who donated almost 8000 for this.

really, theres nothing to feel bad about, these people are clearly too dumb to function. If it was some piramid thing or some really well thought out scam, I would feel for them, but this? any person with any level of intelligence or education should really know that giving money to someone who talks to the sun is not sound investment.

My question about this, if facial hair such as beards and moustaches are supposed to be a sign of transmitter operation, and any discomfort from them is designed to provoke the operator to shut down their machines, then shouldn't the people who OWN the transmitters be the ones that have the facial hair?

Oops, I guess no one TOLD the Earth, but EVERYTHING IS TECHNICALLY A TRANSMITTER, because every form of material or energy in the Universe has a frequency vibration and communicates SOMETHING.

A voice says "You had a hyperdimensional beard-growing creature laying on your jawline because you had fallen asleep."

So were not supposed to sleep? Sleep is when the body heals from damage and resets.

If we are not supposed to sleep, what is the emergency that our services are needed to fix so badly that we can not even rest?

B E A R D

To play without discomfort or self awareness, energy (alt: Everything) equal to surroundings, marry movement.

So the programming is right there in the word... but where is Life trying to make me go? I certainly don't like being around people the way it has been abusing me to look... and since this is a balanced system... why don't women have to deal with beard creatures? Can people with vaginas just lay around and wait and rest at their leisure, or are they being forced to get up and move also?

And FOR WHAT PURPOSE? Think about this: the materials of Life itself are abusing me because they want me to embrace movement... but they won't explain why... what harm am I to anyone? Especially WHILE I'M SLEEPING?

So the B at the beginning says that I can play without self awareness or discomfort if I move and my energy is equal to my surroundings... so who wants to play with me exactly as I am, and where should I move to, to find her?

You still have not told me what the emergency is that is so awful that I shouldn't be able to sleep. Or why women are not affected by this BEARD creature.

See you keep doing this stuff to me because you claim you have the ABILITY to do it, and that you are just trying to fill a checklist of stuff you have the ability to do, to make sure that you have "EVERYTHING". That's the same thing you said with pedophilia... that you made little girls attractive because you COULD.

I have said for years that I believe in only the best things possible.

Women have been the ones trying to force Christianity on people in my experience, they have been the ones who benefit from forcing Everything on people, are you saying that the best thing in Life is sitting on a planet as a self-obsessed parasite and forcing psychotic abuse on other people... and WHY is Everything REALLY under their control, while men are the ones who are both ACCUSED of being Everything AND having to DEAL with the shit end of it?

You told me through my whole life that its because men serve women, and protect them...

But I refuse to serve or protect a woman until I see one that is worthy of me, and so far the only ones that fit that have been in relationships when I met them, and I do not believe that breaking up other people's relationships is "one of the best things possible" to experience.
My Galactic Being just told me "Help... this is crap on the consciousness", referring to the hyperdimensional beings that keep trying to push on my body.

C R A P

See a marriage not marked to go up and lose one half of it.

Life, I hate to force this... but I'm one of the smartest people on the planet. Im talented, I'm enjoyable to be around, I'm kind and gentle, and I'm respectful...

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO MARRY ME TO THAT I AM THE ONE THAT KEEPS GETTING "Pee'd out" of it?

You showed me a picture of a squirrel from the neighborhood.

I've never been married to a rodent or even considered it. Sorry Pikachu, maybe if you re-incarnate into a human that doesn't want to give me a beard...

You showed me a picture of a little girl.

Sorry but if you want me to marry a little girl, I'm certain that I would be the more attractive side of that, and I say that from experience... little kids have always been WAY more interested in me than I've ever been in THEM.

Besides, I have not met a little girl I would deem even close to marriage material IN YEARS,
so I honestly have literally NO IDEA who that girl could be. It wasn't someone I remember meeting.
It was brought up that this cinematic scene is a good reference of the idea that we should be W E L L when challenged by villains who wish to enslave us, and encourage those who stand up to unbalance themselves because they feel ownership or L O V E toward this planet to inspire the populace with their goals.

Makes me wonder what it was about the book of Luke in the Bible that the last Pope was trying to kill.

It is generally accepted that the emperor in Star Wars is referencing the Papacy and that Darth Vader references the satanic guilting angle of the Catholic religion.

My own personal interpretation is that this story is told from the perspective of the Galactic Culture, and that Vader represents the people with vaginas that have been cut up and forced into a machine that essentially uses them as a tool, and that Emporer Palpatine represents the penis, and is shown as "ugly as possible" because the penis is trained to shunt so much H A T E at itself and its own.

So, metaphors of puppets attacking other puppets, used as entertainment, and a teaching tool.

The Gospel of Luke

[link]

Is a historical record of the life of Jesus Christ, and portrays the best aspects of Jesus from what is considered a more "L U V" perspective.

So I think what Star Wars is saying is that because Jesus DIED for our sins... its NOT EVEN THE RIGHT OF THE POPE to push hatred at someone and ACCUSE them of SIN.

Attempting to guilt someone IS anti-Christian, because it rejects the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the entire focus of the religion they are claiming to celebrate.
Are your children SUPPOSED TO NOT BE ATTRACTIVE?

Especially when you strive so hard to make sure that they ARE the most attractive thing on the planet?

Because if no one is supposed to find them attractive, we can certainly focus all of the ugliness of Everything on little XX chromosome people...

Would THAT make you happier and "safer"?

‎"Molly, its men that want XX chromosome children to not be sexual."

Do men have a Galactic Bar between their thighs (penis), or do they have a book and a hole between their legs (vagina)

...and which one of them is supposed to have large collections of hydrogen over their hearts?

yL1ll.gif

really, theres nothing to feel bad about, these people are clearly too dumb to function. If it was some piramid thing or some really well thought out scam, I would feel for them, but this? any person with any level of intelligence or education should really know that giving money to someone who talks to the sun is not sound investment.

That's the latest update though... from reading the home page it sounds almost interesting enough that I can understand how somebody who enjoys tcg's and boardgames would be interested.

The game is a lot more professional looking than what I imagined after clicking the link. Too bad she's an idiot and bought card stock before finding out what her printer could handle.

chiablo

Maybe she meant The Sun?

During the first three sentences, I thought this was what she was talking about and everyone misconstrued what she meant.

Reading through the project home, it's professionally written and actually the game looks really cool. She might be spending the $8K on brain surgery to remove the huge tumor that suddenly formed between the start of this project and now. Seriously, get an MRI done if this has been a sudden occurrence.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This isn't the first time she seems to have scammed someone/bailed out on her work: http://ishrahsan.livejournal.com/51945.html

Artist Beware - Steampunk Artist Molly 'Porkshanks' Friedrich
2010-09-03

So, I'm tired of playing around, here is my official warning to any commissioner for one Steampunk Artist by the name of Molly 'Porkshanks' Friedrich. (http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/ )

As it stands, I commissioned this artist for a custom cane, sent payment in full, and after she asked me for the height and said she was ready to work on it, all communication pretty much stopped on her end. My notes on DA still say that they have been unread. For the past 6, that's right SIX, months. Or 24 weeks and 21 hours ago according to the note system.

Shall I start from the beginning? I sent an inquiry to Porkshanks in November/December to see if she was interested in doing a cane for me. While arranging things then, communication was absolutely wonderful, every day or so we'd exchange notes and I ended up getting a quote of $150-200 for this project, I decided to send her $250 since she had never made a cane before, and she had to buy the materials and to cover shipping cost when it was finished.

In March/April (24 weeks, 1 day ago according to the note) she told me she was ready to work on the cane and asked what the height should be off the floor, I responded the very next day. Since then, she has not read any of my notes and she hasn't sent my any, either. She hasn't responded to anything I sent to her email, any messages to Facebook, and the one comment she did make was when I posted on her profile page and that was to tell me that she had been thinking about my commission (here). That was on the first of June, and nothing since, obviously. Though she has been active, posting personal works and photo-shoots and such the entire time, and I have made two profile comments since then asking for a refund.

Here are some screen-caps of the notes that I sent her, I thought I was quite polite considering the circumstances.
Last note she sent me
Note telling her my concerns
Second profile comment asking her to read a previous note
Third profile comment, requesting refund and stating issues
One of my requests for a refund
Note from other artist who had been thinking of suggesting Porkshanks to a commissioner Name blacked out for privacy, of course.
Paypal transaction receipt Transaction ID and bank numbers blacked out.

-I have sent Porkshanks a couple emails to the two email addresses I have for her and have not received a response from either of them.
-I've sent her a message on her Facebook page, which she just updated today with no response.
-I have the AIM name she has listed on DA on my buddy-list, but either she has it set to friends only, is invisible, or she's just never on when I am.
-I've sent her 7-8 notes since she requested the measurement for the cane 6 months ago because she was ready to work on it, and NONE have been read, or so my notes say. One update request a month when not getting a previous response isn't badgering, right?
-She HAS been active the entire time, posting multiple personal works and such.

If anyone knows her and would like to inform her of this, go ahead, because I WILL see about pursuing legal action against her like I warned if she continues to be unresponsive.

TLDR:
Steampunk Artist Molly 'Porkshanks' Friedrich likes taking money for commissions she doesn't finish. $250 ones at that.

EDIT:
I got a response today, and it seems like we'll be able to work something out. So, yay! :3

RE-EDIT:
It ended up never being resolved like I had hoped, though the illusion was given that it may be since she would answer notes and ask questions about colours and designs I wear/like to make the commission look nice with things I tend to wear everyday. However, she has ignored notes since our last conversation in November/December 2011.

squidyj

Not to get too stalkerish, but her Facebook page (linked from her Kickstarter) is dense with similar ramblings and conversations with herself.

http://www.facebook.com/ThisClose.ToEscape

Given that her deviantArt journal switched from the mundane...

http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/journal/All-is-well-226637433

... to total incoherence from one entry to the next, something's up.

http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/journal/World-Trade-Center-258012429

Yeah, sometime around 2011 is when the crazy starts.

also

These desires by men to have Everything to themselves... all the physical comfort, by usurping women's breasts, all the social equalities like being able to wear anything from dresses to bikinis to business formal to pants and shirts... alll while demanding that *women* can only wear suits or casual shirts and pants!

If a woman goes outside in this society wearing "the wrong clothes" she gets attacked by the planet...

Now consider the inequality of how a man's genitals are celebrated simply because their vagina is hidden and they are able to be turned-on without giving much outward sign... but then we are told that a woman's penis is something to be ashamed of or shunned when it becomes aroused. That is a control over desire itself!

hmmm.

Top Bottom