• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
Balderdash; I'm sure you will be credit to team. All you need to do is find a character and learn their nuances, and the world is your oyster.

At least this game doesn't have friendly fire.

One time at a 2v2 Smash tournament, I hopped into the combat ball and killed all 3 other players with a fully charged DK punch.

At first I was really excited. Then I remembered it was a 2v2.

That's the kind of teammate I am. :(

One time at a 2v2 Smash tournament, I hopped into the combat ball and killed all 3 other players with a fully charged DK punch.

At first I was really excited. Then I remembered it was a 2v2.

That's the kind of teammate I am. :(

Well, one data point does not a pattern make. Just engage in some practice with your partner and I'm sure you'll do splendidly.

Lord Phol

I want to participate in the tournament but I also don't want to drag some poor schmuck down with me.

Well I'm a pretty poor at fighting games myself, we could be the scrub team :p, or something xD. Honestly though I'm probably too bad to enter tourneys. Though I still stand by my word that I will do my best to become an above average player in this one fighting game for once!

I'm guessing most of u are US peeps though?

TheMink

Evil Cole is looking pretty likely. Nathan Drake a close second. You?
I love discovering who I naturally gravitate
kat?
to in games like this

Raiden fo sho, but heihachi is looking pretty sweet too.

And JStein and TheMink is probably more accurate TimeEffect ;)
Im just a mere supplament to his awesomenessisityness

SmithnCo

So wait.. the beta ended? BAH. They should have extended it because of Hurricane Sandy ;(

I hope all of you that are in the area are okay. ;(

Beta was fun while it lasted. If they iron out the bugs (I fully expect they already have) then this will be pretty amazing.

Metal B

So everyone who has played the beta, what's your overall impression? As in not just the gameplay, but the package?

How can we judge the package, if the Beta only had a small part of it?

As far as you know. You can turn on/ off friendly fire in Smash Bros, so why not in PSA too. It is also better with friendly fire on, so that a team can not become a clusterfuck of dead.

Gadirok

So everyone who has played the beta, what's your overall impression? As in not just the gameplay, but the package?

It was great! Very fluent and Nintendo fanboys who are hating can deal with it, but this game is just overall better than brawl IMO.

But my game never worked since the thursday after regular members got access. Slightly annoyed, since it would freeze on players connecting screen whether or not I was on the vita or ps3.

If anyone wants some last minute 2v2 hit me.

but this game is just overall better than brawl IMO
It's just too different to brawl for me to judge it either way comparing the two. Working online is what really brings it above Brawl and gives it longer legs for me.

Shahed

Good with a side dish of buggy.

The online? I'm sure that will be sorted out

How can we judge the package, if the Beta only had a small part of it?

As in music, sound effects, menus, imagery and the like. Obviously it's not the final product, but from what I've heard, each build has made noticeable improvements compared to the last and I also expect the game itself to be better as well. Whwn the first beta came out, a lot of people really enjoyed it, but also said the was a lot of work to be done to get other aspects up to speed. Wondering where they've gotten with that now is all

3 weeks to go now!

Shahed

Wait, hold the phone! The beta is over?! In the last few days I’ve been trying to find the beta on my PS3 from PSN thinking it hasn’t even started! O_O

Not sure if it's over, but it's been around for two weeks. First week for Vita and PSN+ members, the second for all PS3 users

The online? I'm sure that will be sorted out

As in music, sound effects, menus, imagery and the like. Obviously it's not the final product, but from what I've heard, each build has made noticeable improvements compared to the last and I also expect the game itself to be better as well. Whwn the first beta came out, a lot of people really enjoyed it, but also said the was a lot of work to be done to get other aspects up to speed. Wondering where they've gotten with that now is all

3 weeks to go now!

I hope so. When the online works it's really good but the delayed respawn bug for example can be sooooo frustrating. Definately less buggy than first beta and better balanced too.

Sound effects - ok. I honestly have no ear for these things and I tough it was ok even in the first beta but some people didn't like it so take my opinion with salt.

Music - Hades is ok and improved from before. Our own Patapon fan is convinced tho that it is blashemy for the series so conflicting opinions here too. Metropolis is pretty forgettable. It's servicable but definately one of their weaker tunes. I really like the main theme tho with BATTLEEEE/SQUIRTLEE and all.

Menus - very basic tho we know more stuff appears when you unlock themes. Servicable but some people don't like it. I don't really have any eye for these things either.

Imagery - Not sure what exactly you mean. Character images are improved since the old beta.

Is the beta open?

Yes. It will close anytime now tho but the previous beta went for overtime too. FOR NOW THE BETA IS STILL LIVE.

Shahed

I hope so. When the online works it's really good but the delayed respawn bug for example can be sooooo frustrating. Definately less buggy than first beta and better balanced too.

Sound effects - ok. I honestly have no ear for these things and I tough it was ok even in the first beta but some people didn't like it so take my opinion with salt.

Music - Hades is ok and improved from before. Our own Patapon fan is convinced tho that it is blashemy for the series so conflicting opinions here too. Metropolis is pretty forgettable. It's servicable but definately one of their weaker tunes. I really like the main theme tho with BATTLEEEE/SQUIRTLEE and all.

Menus - very basic tho we know more stuff appears when you unlock themes. Servicable but some people don't like it. I don't really have any eye for these things either.

Imagery - Not sure what exactly you mean. Character images are improved since the old beta.

By imagery I meant just how does everything look in general. But yeah, thanks for the impression's. Maybe I'll see some of you online soon!

By imagery I meant just how does everything look in general. But yeah, thanks for the impression's. Maybe I'll see some of you online soon!

Better colors, new death animations and smoother feeling (I have no idea what causes this since old beta was 60fps afaik) than the old one. It ain't a graphixx beast but very pleasing to the eye now nontheless. PS3 version impressions btw.

Lord Phol

Would be nice if they just take down the servers but you can still access the tutorial for some Parappa comboage.

For some reason I'm looking forward to the practice mode the most atm oO.
Just wanna get in there with the non-beta characters and see if I can come up with some nice combos by myself and also see what others find and compare.

Shahed

I'd definitely need a tutorial mode. I'm really bad at fighters so I need to put a lot of practise in, otherwise I'd get slaughtered online. It's also why I plan to do arcade mode with every character first so I get an idea as to how they work before playing competitively.

Lord Phol

I'd definitely need a tutorial mode. I'm really bad at fighters so I need to put a lot of practise in, otherwise I'd get slaughtered online. It's also why I plan to do arcade mode with every character first so I get an idea as to how they work before playing competitively.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat :p. What the beta showed was promising though.

Not only will there be a practice mode, but it sounds like they are going to do a great job teaching you everything you need to know and more through the arcade and challenge modes of each character.

Do we know the structure of the single player yet? Will characters have a real story and interact with eachother? Or will there just be a single "rival" cutscene in the penultimate fight before the boss?

I hope threes a significant single player component. Fighters are usually so dull at it

Shahed

Do we know the structure of the single player yet? Will characters have a real story and interact with eachother? Or will there just be a single "rival" cutscene in the penultimate fight before the boss?

I hope threes a significant single player component. Fighters are usually so dull at it

Same here. My recent favourite fighters are MK9 and Blazblue CSE purely for the fleshed out single player

Not only will there be a practice mode, but it sounds like they are going to do a great job teaching you everything you need to know and more through the arcade and challenge modes of each character.

Good to know!

Arcade mode with opening cutscene, rival cutscene(s?) and ending cutscene(s) as in boss cutscene and ending?

Expect an explanation or even intro explaining how all of these characters came together, and then Street Fighter Style arcade mode with unique rivalries and endings for each.

Raiden fo sho, but heihachi is looking pretty sweet too.

And JStein and TheMink is probably more accurate TimeEffect ;)
Im just a mere supplament to his awesomenessisityness

Oh Mink you're too kind. I was just about to say the same thing about you ;)
Take that TimeEffect.
Oh God, we already have rivalries haha. Speaking of rivals. Can't wait to see more cutscenes. I liked the heihachi Toro video but I would appreciate two characters I'm more interested in

TheMink

Take that TimeEffect.
Oh God, we already have rivalries haha. Speaking of rivals. Can't wait to see more cutscenes. I liked the heihachi Toro video but I would appreciate two characters I'm more interested in

iV7huw4zDDc21.jpg

Shahed

Looking forward to Drake's and Sackboy's rivalries the most, especially the latter. Not because I like them the best, but I think they'll be the more amusing than the rest

Take that TimeEffect.

2457480_o.gif

This aint over

TheMink

Sorry for the double post, but Mr. Fix just asked me to take over the OT as he will be to busy to complete it.

Wanted to let you guys know!

But as long as we are on the subject, what do you guys want as the OT subtitle?

I was always a fan of, "use supers to smash your bros" but im worried it might be a little to confrontational lol.
But if it is the will of the people i will oblidge.

Sorry for the double post, but Mr. Fix just asked me to take over the OT as he will be to busy to complete it.

Wanted to let you guys know!

But as long as we are on the subject, what do you guys want as the OT subtitle?

I was always a fan of, "use supers to smash your bros" but im worried it might be a little to confrontational lol.
But if it is the will of the people i will oblidge.

"This match won't end with a Smash but with a Super."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom