• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Pop

When you mix doritos/dew codes in the same submission, you get extra Dexp, no?

When you mix them you get this:

tumblr_m08vwiLJlG1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Doritos are terrible for you. Just level up at the normal rate, your body will thank you later.

Who said i'd be the one eating the doritos? ;)

I'll buy 10 XL bags and just take them to parties over the next month or so.

Hell, i'll just take them all to a single halloween party!!!

Do we have a list of confirmed emblems by now?

I'm still pissed that they removed the cobra from Halo Reach :(

Why the fuck would they remove emblems? Just porting every emblem from halo 3/odst would be like half an hour of work.

Why the fuck would they remove emblems? Just porting every emblem from halo 3/odst would be like half an hour of work.

Think about how I felt when they didn't include the Brute emblem in Reach. :( It's probably not in Halo 4 either.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Probably like 5 minutes actually. Ctl + A, Ctl + C, Ctl + V and then just wait for them to transfer.

The cutscenes in spartan ops will not have your player model, or even be a representation of your character. Remember how there's two, squads, Crimson and Majestic? You play as one of them in the missions and watch the other in the cg series.

darthbob

Obviously you do not know how to compile vectors and rasterize shaders.

IP and memory issues

Memory issues because of tiny, two-colored bitmaps? fuckin lol
This is the same lazy shit as not having all weapons useable as starting weapons in Halo 3 (e.g. Carbine) due to "memory issues". Weird thing is, Halo Reach had all weapons available, even tho the memory was still the same and I think the weapons count was the same or even higher. And don't get me started on CoD, which has a bazillion weapons and emblems available on every single fucking map.

As for IP, are we talking intellectual property or internet protocol adress?

Obviously you do not know how to compile vectors and rasterize shaders.

Um, the Emblems were already compiled and rasterized and whatnot from the previous game, no?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Pro should be a playlist with these hoppers

Slayer Pro
Objective Pro
FFA Pro

Do it!

(i always mix up hoppers and playlists)

darthbob

This is the same lazy shit as not having all weapons useable as starting weapons in Halo 3 (e.g. Carbine) due to "memory issues". Weird thing is, Halo Reach had all weapons available, even tho the memory was still the same and I think the weapons count was the same or even higher. And don't get me started on CoD, which has a bazillion weapons and emblems available on every single fucking map.

Um, the Emblems were already compiled and rasterized and whatnot from the previous game, no?

I was joking with the vectors and shaders. IP though, intellectual property.

FyreWulff

They're not two colored bitmaps. They're actual full color textures rendered out and then applied to the spartan model, which must occupy memory somewhere. All the emblems have to reside in memory so your box can properly create them.

Also, Reach removed 99% of the redundant weapons from the sandbox, allowing them to have all weapons on all maps.

daedalius

guys I'm going through halo withdrawals, what do?

Been playing Halo 2 Vista for that super-sweet hitscan BR (too bad the netcode on PC is awful with constant bloodshots/shieldshots that do nothing).

Actually got a game of CTF classic on Coag last night, was a lot of fun without a ton of rocket launchers all over the map and constantly respawning tanks.

Works for me on Firefox. ::shrug::

As I said last time you recommended it, it's PC-only. I'm on OSX.

Gosh, why don't you just use Netscape already...

anyway....um...have you tried Opera? I know it's not everyone's little darling anymore, but in my experience it's still pretty fast and compatible (PC-experience).

Also, Reach removed 99% of the redundant weapons from the sandbox, allowing them to have all weapons on all maps.

lol wut

Halo 3: AR, BR, SMG, Magnum, Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Laser, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Needler, Spiker, Brute Shot, Mauler, Carbine, Beam Rifle, Fuel Rod Gun, Sword, Hammer, Sentinel Beam = 20 total

Halo Reach: AR, DMR, Magnum, Shotgun, Sniper, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Laser, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Plasma Pistol, Needler, Spiker, Concussion Rifle, Needle Rifle, Focus Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Fuel Rod Gun, Sword, Hammer = 20 total

The stuff some people come up with to defend stupid design decisions by Bungie/343i baffles me

lol wut

Halo 3: AR, BR, SMG, Magnum, Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Laser, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Needler, Spiker, Brute Shot, Mauler, Carbine, Beam Rifle, Fuel Rod Gun, Sword, Hammer, Sentinel Beam = 20 total

Halo Reach: AR, DMR, Magnum, Shotgun, Sniper, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Laser, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Plasma Pistol, Needler, Spiker, Concussion Rifle, Needle Rifle, Focus Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Fuel Rod Gun, Sword, Hammer = 20 total

The stuff some people come up with to defend stupid design decisions by Bungie/343i baffles me

He's not talking about the amount of weapons, but the removal of weapons that functioned really alike. In Halo 3, the only difference between the beam rifle and the sniper rifle is the rate of fire, while the focus rifle and sniper rifle in Reach are pretty different.

Akai__

10 days and we have passed already 11700 posts. If we keep posting like that, we'll reach an other OT, before the Halo 4 OT.

:lol

Anyway, Halo 4 guys. I'm pumped, I'm ready and I can't wait anymore. Watched the IGN vid, which included slight spoilers. :(

Disconect

Neo Member
10 days and we have passed already 11700 posts. If we keep posting like that, we'll reach an other OT, before the Halo 4 OT.

:lol

Anyway, Halo 4 guys. I'm pumped, I'm ready and I can't wait anymore. Watched the IGN vid, which included slight spoilers. :(

Just play Reach to past time ,some guys have made H4 maps in Reach.
to learn them...

Top Bottom