• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Where can I find the best price in canadian dollars? It's like 70$ on Steam, but I guess I can get it for less somewhere else.

Also, how long would it take me to beat the main game and by doing most sidequests and exploring? I would like to be done with it before the Legion expansion of WoW release next tuesday if possible.

And all this talk about the PC version... should I expect trouble? HR always had unstable framerates for me, even with 8gb ram, an i5 4400 CPU and a GTX 970 video card. Here's hoping I can at least play this game on high with decent 4x AA at least.

nOoblet16

I quite like the first mission. The best part is theme of choice is already introduced to the player in this mission, you can fail to achieve your mission and the game will treat it as such with characters berating you..or you can finish it and the characters make remark of how you handled yourself well. I think one of them is even tied to a secondary optional objective that you get.

Btw regarding PC performance. This is a geometry heavy game and as such MSAA will be really expensive in this game. All those who think your card should be able to get 60FPS at ultra because "it doesnt even look gud" need some perspective. Plus you have other stuff that bogs down performance like full resolution shadows, volumetric lights and contact hardening shadows. The game looks very good especially once you reach Golem city and after...so if your judgement on how it looks mediocre is purely based on the daytime Prague level then I'd rather that you hold your judgement until you see it for yourself. This game has some seriously impressive lighting and geometric density. Prague is pretty straightforward in terms of lighting because you can't do much in a daytime environment but even then it manages to impress with its style.

Dec

Have you been involved with software releases before? 12 hours can mean a *lot*. A patch may take a few days regardless, but there's so much else going on behind the scenes (not least of which is execs freaking out who need to be calmed by knowledge that the devs are actively working on any issues).

It sucks, but by the end of tomorrow the release timing won't matter for any of us anyway.

I just don't care. I'm 9,000% sure any issues I have with the game will not be fixable quickly if they need developer attention.

Any substantial issues that would exist at midnight will also exist tomorrow and the end result is the same. If something is wrong with it I either have a buggy game for a while, or no game at all then a buggy game for a while.

They just want to have a presence on social media during the launch just in case, and I understand why from a PR perspective. I just don't really care.

Edit: I actually don't care about the delay that much. I'm tired as fuck anyways. It's just true and I felt like saying it.

CHC

So how in depth is Breach mode anyway? Are there lots of missions like with the VR simulation in MGS2? Does it get deep and challenging? Or is it more just a small little diversion?

nOoblet16

So I finished the Desperate Measures preorder bonus mission. It's alright, about a little under an hour long and it's also a very easy mission. I'd say it's one of the worse ones from the game and probably a throwaway mission.

For the two story DLCs that come in the future I will settle for nothing less than each being the length of The Missing Link...nothing less.

Btw those of you who are playing the game right now, spoiler related to really early side mission and area around Jensen's house.
How exactly do you get the Neon side quest? I never got it, there's also this dude that sells information for Neuropozyne which I never had when I spoke to him in my first playthrough and I missed him in NG+ too.

Also there's a bar in the courtyard area in front of the train station next to Jensen's building. The owner is called Teresa...she asks for a bottle of Neuropozyne too and in return gives you the code to unlock a door in her basement for s"some supplies" there's fuck all in that room BUT there's another door in there but I don't seem to be able to open it since there is no button nearby to open it...anyone able to figure that one out?

lmbotiva

it seems the game didn't made strides when it comes to presentation, it looks very "last gen", still looking forward to it

Downloaded and ready to jack in... Going in mostly blind of previews (just a bit of that first area shown... never watched the Dubai video and I think there was another 'city' hub one too that I avoided) and fully blind on reviews (though the review OT title gave me more hope than had it said 'we [never] asked' lol). Excited to see what this game has.

Just finished watching a bunch of DX trailers and such to get hype, and gonna be playing Invisible Inc. to get my corporate espionage on until midnight... psyched.

Ozium

kind of interested in breach mode if only because I will do the main game stealth and trying to not be seen so I can use breach mode to go ham

CHC

Are there any other benchmarks available? As neurotic as it sounds I'm kind of apprehensive about performance on my 1070 and I want to know what settings to choose. Otherwise I'm gonna spend 2 hours dicking around with every single option instead of just playing the game.

I quite like the first mission. The best part is theme of choice is already introduced to the player in this mission, you can fail to achieve your mission and the game will treat it as such with characters berating you..or you can finish it and the characters make remark of how you handled yourself well. I think one of them is even tied to a secondary optional objective that you get.

Sounds really good. For some reason I have a really odd love for missions that you can fail and still continue on with after, even though 9 times out of 10 I load my game because I'm a crazed perfectionist.

nOoblet16

it seems the game didn't made strides when it comes to presentation, it looks very "last gen", still looking forward to it

So last gen (I could post more but that would be spoiling things)

txJOKRi.jpg

GGwwhU4.jpg

2SmWBly.jpg

WDbqng6.jpg

XeyYvdu.jpg

nOoblet16

No shadows?

Well they are there (even in the screenshots) but naturally not all lights will be shadow casting light sources since that's expensive. As such games usually rely more on their AO in low light scenes. Though as a general measure, all spotlights are shadow casting.

Excited to get this game tomorrow but won't be able to play it until Wednesday. And then it's only one good day with the game because I volunteered for overtime :( Debating if I should just not play it until my next weekend off lol.

nOoblet16

Are there any other benchmarks available? As neurotic as it sounds I'm kind of apprehensive about performance on my 1070 and I want to know what settings to choose. Otherwise I'm gonna spend 2 hours dicking around with every single option instead of just playing the game.

Sounds really good. For some reason I have a really odd love for missions that you can fail and still continue on with after, even though 9 times out of 10 I load my game because I'm a crazed perfectionist.

I think you'll be fine, high will get your 60FPS easily, ultra might get you that too but you'll need to individually put everything (or most of it) to ultra and turn MSAA off since selecting ultra preset activates 4*MSAA.

I watched someone stream the opening bit and I am VERY HAPPY TO SEE that the first bit of control that the player gets is to choose the first mission tactic with a "Non-Lethal" vs. "Lethal" choice. I will NEVER forget the worst blunder of my life. In playing Human Revolution, I beat the entire game without killing a single person...or so I thought. The achievement never appeared for the non-lethal play through. I spent dozens of hours meticulously planning and playing every single side mission and mission in the game painstakingly making sure to never harm anyone.

Turns out that I shot the first person in the game during the tutorial when it was showing how to shoot guns. That counted as a kill and turned my 30+ hours of non-lethal play through into nothing...

That shit stung hard. I simply didn't think that the tutorial bits would factor into that and thought they were scripted combat sequences. NOPE. Thankfully it looks like this one makes it very explicit.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
How's the soundtrack?

The Human Revolution soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in gaming, IMO. Right up there with Halo, Mass Effect, Bloodborne, Hotline Miami, etc.

Is this just as good? Any creativity to "expand" the sound past what we're used to in the first game?

Grisby

Will be picking my copy up from the GS tomorrow before work! Great work on the thread OP!

Also, anyone catch any sequels to the next FF? Curious to see if they stick something like this in MD:
If you're looking for something to do while waiting for release, I definitely recommend these two vids:

Warren Spector, Sheldon Pacotti, and Chris Norden playing Deus Ex 1 Together, for about an hour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVBSxnwiCo

Jean-François Dugas and Jonathan Jacques-Belletête playing Human Revolution together for about 45 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iae1CgkSpng

A lot of really fascinating insights into the development of both games.
These are great. Thanks!

DukeBobby

I watched someone stream the opening bit and I am VERY HAPPY TO SEE that the first bit of control that the player gets is to choose the first mission tactic with a "Non-Lethal" vs. "Lethal" choice. I will NEVER forget the worst blunder of my life. In playing Human Revolution, I beat the entire game without killing a single person...or so I thought. The achievement never appeared for the non-lethal play through. I spent dozens of hours meticulously planning and playing every single side mission and mission in the game painstakingly making sure to never harm anyone.

Turns out that I shot the first person in the game during the tutorial when it was showing how to shoot guns. That counted as a kill and turned my 30+ hours of non-lethal play through into nothing...

That shit stung hard. I simply didn't think that the tutorial bits would factor into that and thought they were scripted combat sequences. NOPE. Thankfully it looks like this one makes it very explicit.

Same thing happened to me. Glad I won't make the same mistake this time.

How's the soundtrack?

The Human Revolution soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in gaming, IMO. Right up there with Halo, Mass Effect, Bloodborne, Hotline Miami, etc.

Is this just as good? Any creativity to "expand" the sound past what we're used to in the first game?

I want to know this too. It IS the same man responsible doing the soundtrack that did it for Human Revolution (Michael McCann). I heard some bits from a couple pre-release videos and during the opening sequence of a recent lets play that sounded very similar in tone. The music almost sounded like it was riffing off of the last games themes. It may be very similar, but I'm with you in that the sound in HR practically created the aesthetic for me. Sitting in my apartment as the ambient synth pads slowly rained off the cyberpunk windowpanes in the game put me in it like nothing else.

So I tried out the Breach mode a bit since I'm about 15 hours into the campaign and it's pretty fun.

Love how the mode opens up with your avatar through a messenger, it's a nice touch.

CqgqDDuWgAAqbnY.jpg:large

neoism

No, they confirmed it's 3am EST and midnight PST. For some odd reason Xbox owners get it unlocked at midnight EST/9pm PST.

From the OP which came from the devs and publisher:
Cqd3JgaWYAAR-vJ.jpg

meh sqaures gonna fucking do this shit for 15 to arent they.... 3 in the morn..

😤 o well cant get this until saturday anyway.. getting a gram the same day so still excit but fuck releasing shit 3 in the morn... us poor east coasters.. 😞

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Hot damn, preloading the game on Steam at 26 MB/s. Taking no time at all.

Is there a way to set Steam to automatically install the rest of the game when it's available while I'm away at work tomorrow?

SlickVic

Is Best Buy allowing us to pick this up @ midnight during the Madden release?

From what I heard from an employee when I called my store, it was a 'maybe' depending who was there. Technically since it's after midnight they should be able to sell any game that's out that day as well, but I imagine it's actually going to be employee dependent. Some will think 'they only told me to sell Madden' or 'I'm not going to the back to look for this Du Sex game' and that'll be that. Best Buy could've made it easier if they followed Gamestop and just made it clear the midnight event is for both games and not just Madden.

I'm just planning to give them a call a little before their normal closing time to see how receptive they'll be to setting aside a copy.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
1hr to go on Xbox One, so excited.

So pissed at this PC unlock time stagger. Have tonight off(at the airport now, get home in 4 hours) and would be a perfect time to get playtime in. Work the next 3 nights.

Fuck you squaresoft.

Top Bottom