• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy Registers Trademark for "Alan Wake's Return"

I am glad they are doing it, Alan Wake was one of the most loving games for the Xbox 360.

That would be absolutely fantastic. Keeping people in the dark for all this time, similar to how BGS did with Fallout 4. It would mean MS and Remedy have been misleading the people on purpose and surprise them during E3.

But this will probably end up being something completely different, expect it.

ekim

But whats Initiation and how does American Nightmare fit in? Because AN takes place after Return.

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monomyth

All this stuff was posted on the Samantha Blogspot:
"Samantha posts more images on the newer poems which appeared in the shoebox when she found them again. However, one of them isn't a poem, but is in fact the title page to the manuscript Return with Alan Wake's name crossed out. On that same page, it mentions Joseph Campbell's monomyth, which began with "Departure", had "Initiation" as a middle and "Return" as the end. It's a system where a character will go on a journey and will eventually loop back to where they were; in the case of Alan Wake, the song Balance Slays the Demon has a hidden message that says "it will happen again in another town called Ordinary"."

http://alanwake.wikia.com/wiki/This_House_of_Dreams

(This House of Dreams can also be found in the blog)

I really hope this turns out to be Alan Wake 2.

I enjoyed the first game immensely when it came out and really loved the episodic format. It made for great gaming sessions.

In 2013 or 2014, around E3, we also had this weird blog ARG stuff that god me really, really excited, but turned out to be nothing at that time. How that was more concrete that some trademark, but I hope it's going to materialize this time.

And please, please give us another "season" of Bright Falls. Last night I started playing Alan Wake again and once again, watched Bright Falls in preparation. The atmosphere is so damn good.

BBboy20

I don't think port begging is allowed here...but I wholeheartedly agree
Reading about what Microsoft is trying to do with Windows 10 games made me both scared and depressed that I may never get to play another Remedy game again just so I don't end up being part of what Microsoft is trying to do with PC gaming.

Top Bottom