• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Nightmares |OT| The place of lost things

FingerBang

Got a review copy for the game, loved it. I finished it in a couple of sittings.

I honestly don't have any complaints about its length. I think I am fine with shorter games that don't drag on for too long. I love how the story is told without a single word and how disturbing it all is.

I haven't played inside yet though.

PaulloDEC

Finished this tonight with 4 hours on the clock.

While I'd have loved to see a few more areas in the Maw, what we do get is wonderful. It's a charmingly gothic, grotesque game, like Coraline crossed with Saw.

The only thing that's really still bugging me is the title. After now having played it, I'm even more certain that I'll always think of it as "Hunger".

Pretty cool experience all in all. But to be honest... I'm getting kind of tired of games with vague unexplained stories that you have to guess what was actually going on. (Limbo, Inside, etc.)
What's wrong with thinking for yourself about what the story means? Don't need dialogue or explicit storytelling all the time.

MazeHaze

Banned
It was a cool little game with great atmosphere, but some fruatrating insta-death segments and weird pacing in the back half bring it down for me. Solid 7/10 imo

I loved the game but while playing it, it felt as if the devs were fans of Inside and tried to achieve almost the same thing.

I've watched some discussion videos and read some comments and can't believe nobody mention in those that Six is called Six because she may be
The sixth ruler of the Maw according to the pictures you see in the second half of the game

Got the special edition and it took ages to come.
:(

I just finished this last night and I absolutely loved it!

It definitely gave me heavy "Spirited Away" mixed with Tim Burton & Roald Dahl vibes. I absolutely love this game and it should be considered a new classic and I really hope there's some upcoming DLC to flesh out more of The Maw and the narrative!

i think they are teasing DLC for the game at the end of this video:

https://twitter.com/LittleNights/status/865599303846375424

Interesting...

I've watched some discussion videos and read some comments and can't believe nobody mention in those that Six is called Six because she may be
The sixth ruler of the Maw according to the pictures you see in the second half of the game

Please explain further, if you don't mind :)

Melchiah

This was just posted on the official FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/worldoflittlenightmares/
P023i2D.jpg

“I’m stuck here…We’ve always been stuck here. Now we are taking our chance.
It will surely take more than one child to escape but even if we fail, it’s worth giving it a try.
How many others are kept here that are desperate to escape?” – a kid
#secretsofthemaw #Littlenightmares

Melchiah

Hopefully it'll come with new soundtrack tunes, included in the package like before. I'm still listening to it, and it would be nice to have more.

Fuck DLC. I'd much prefer that they fix the 'UE4 FATAL ERROR" crash myself and lots of other people are getting so I didn't completely waste my money on this.

Melchiah

It's been a month since E3. A story based DLC on a 4-5 hour indie game a month and half after release? Not a great look.

So, you think the additional content was already done before the initial release, and cut from it, or that its original length wasn't worth the price?

Lnds500

So, you think the additional content was already done before the initial release, and cut from it, or that its original length wasn't worth the price?

I am saying that if it releases on E3 it looks weird, yes like they cut it at some point.

And no, I think the price was ok.

Melchiah

I am saying that if it releases on E3 it looks weird, yes like they cut it at some point.

And no, I think the price was ok.

Well, it would be a pretty speedy delivery for a DLC, but it doesn't really bother me as I found the original release fulfilling, and I'd love to have more of the same. If it's actually going to be released on E3, I'd be curious to know the details of its development though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There's been no word of a Switch port, right? Not intended as port begging, just wondering if I should just go ahead and pull the trigger on the PS4 version.

Edit: Bought. Seems like my jam. Loved Inside.

Gbraga

Just finished playing it. Lovely game!

Not sure I understand much, but the atmosphere was incredible. Reminded me of Chihiro in a couple of moments.

Gbraga

The last act is totally Spirited Away :)

Yeah, a bit darker, but it definitely transmits well the feeling of a kid finding themselves in a place with all of this weird stuff.

Also, they really put a lot of effort into the death animations. Wow. They transmit so much character, it's impressive. You can get a lot out of their personality, role in The Maw and the mood of a certain scene by them.

Yeah, a bit darker, but it definitely transmits well the feeling of a kid finding themselves in a place with all of this weird stuff.

Also, they really put a lot of effort into the death animations. Wow. They transmit so much character, it's impressive. You can get a lot out of their personality, role in The Maw and the mood of a certain scene by them.

I hope the DLC releases soon, because I definitely need me some more of this game!

Melchiah

"Complete Edition" already available on Gamesplanet: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/little-nightmares-complete-edition-steam-key--3162-2

Now i wish i waited. Can't believe they are doing this one month after the release. I hope that there will be some kind of discount on Steam for the expansion but i doubt it.

I don't, since it doesn't include the soundtrack like the original digital version did. Not to mention, that the complete digital version costs the same as the regular one and season pass combined.

So um...yeah...this is happening
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...pting-video-game-little-nightmares-tv-1012736
Anthony and Joe Russo, the filmmaking duo behind Captain America: Civil War and Winter Soldier, are teaming up with A Nightmare Before Christmas director Henry Selick to bring horror adventure video game Little Nightmares to the small screen.

The Russo bros will develop and exec produce the television series with Dmitri M. Johnson and Stephan Bugaj of DJ2 Entertainment, the company making a name for itself adapting video games such as Life Is Strange and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Wozman23

I somehow totally missed the Expansion Pass announcement last week.

There's a little bit of info about it here.

Also, apparently Six's sex is up for debate (even though earlier marketing and the official website used feminine pronouns.)

I can't wait to revisit the Maw.

dinoroar

Banned
I somehow totally missed the Expansion Pass announcement last week.

There's a little bit of info about it here.

Also, apparently Six's sex is up for debate (even though earlier marketing and the official website used feminine pronouns.)

I can't wait to revisit the Maw.

Thanks for the heads up with this. They seem very confused about the gender of Six.. one line confirms that they don't have one, next line says -

"The story of Six’s escape from The Maw is pretty much over after you complete the game but since the events involving The Kid happen roughly during the same timeframe, some details of her story will be explained by completing his adventure."

Guys, the gender of the character doesn't matter. Just keep calling them they if needs be. Hyped for more Little Nightmares for sure!

NeoRaider

Completely missed this. Seems like a great game. Is it comparable with Inside?

How do you mean is it comparable with Inside? Quality wise or...?

I feel like this was already answered in the thread but at the end of the day it's about different opinions and preferences.

How do you mean is it comparable with Inside? Quality wise or...?

I feel like this was already answered in the thread but at the end of the day it's about different opinions and preferences.

Everything. quality, gameplay, etc. I missed this game completely.
But i'm buying it. Just read this thread

NeoRaider

Everything. quality, gameplay, etc. I missed this game completely.
But i'm buying it. Just read this thread

Well you should. Because imo. it's amazing.
I prefer Inside, but Little Nightmares is great game on it's own and imo. it's different enough compared to Inside. They are both great games.

Melchiah

I prefer Inside, but Little Nightmares is great game on it's own and imo. it's different enough compared to Inside. They are both great games.

For me it was exactly the opposite, and I preferred Little Nightmares by far. I'm very much looking forward to return to the game when new content arrives, whereas I have absolutely no desire to revisit Inside.

For me it was exactly the opposite, and I preferred Little Nightmares by far. I'm very much looking forward to return to the game when new content arrives, whereas I have absolutely no desire to revisit Inside.

Just bought it. I think i will like it. LOVED Inside. This looks similar and different.

Just finished it up the other night. Really enjoyed the grotesque aesthetic of it all and looking forward to the DLC whenever it hits.

Thinking about going for the final trophy (no death speedrun) this weekend since the layout and timing of problem areas is still fresh in my mind.

Top Bottom