• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Single-Player trailer

Anteo

So the playable character doesn't know who Marie is? Does that mean the Squid Sisters are finished? Guys i think we killed the Squid Sisters with that last splatfest :'(

I think thats just a easy way to show that the main character is not Agent 3 from the first game. This is a brand new recruit.

Marine in a yukata is 10/10. Also I'm getting the feeling Callie is the villian in this game, probably brainwashed or something like that. Looks just as fun if not more fun than the Splatoon 1 campaign, and that one was pretty damn cool so looking forward to this one.

I primarily play single player games, so Splatoon's always been something I've liked the style of but never felt the need to bother with, but that may have sold me on the sequel.

Maxinas

Maybe they weren't big in this new city?

It's a new city? I thought the new area was several blocks away from Inktopolis Plaza.

I think thats just a easy way to show that the main character is not Agent 3 from the first game. This is a brand new recruit.

I think the developers mentioned that the main characters from the first game moved onto other things, so yeah, these are new inklings. Though, you'd think they would know who the squid sisters are if they are celebrities.

Crayolan

Looks amazing. The rail grinding is something I wanted since I saw the inkrails in Splatoon 1 so I'm thrilled to see they went full-on Sunset Overdrive with them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
UKzFBwT.jpg

rhandino

Banned
People marking my dear Callie as evil are going to have ink sprayed all over their face when she ends up being the one ending the war with her charisma and talent while her other sister goes to this world equivalent of VH1 to host a C rated reality show.

It looks great! I thought they had already introduced a ton of ideas in the first game's SP campaign, but what I saw here has got me really excited. I'm in on day 1.

feel

As a Switch owner who skipped the Wii U, I had no clue Splatoon had an actual singleplayer campaign. 😳

Was under the impresion this was only an arena multiplayer game with a bit if story sprinkled around like in Overwatch or Team Fortress.

Very cool! I was already looking forward to it but I'm way more excited now.

As a Switch owner who skipped the Wii U, I had no clue Splatoon had an actual singleplayer campaign. 😳

Was under the impresion this was only an arena multiplayer game with a bit if story sprinkled around like in Overwatch or Team Fortress.

It was nothing long, but it was pretty fun.

RagnarokX

Don't worry, you only missed out on one of the best single player campaigns of the generation :p

Someone will have to look over this more carefully, but from Sheldon's appearance in the trailer along with some of the weapons like the Inkbrush, I hope we get more loadout customization in the campaign than we did in the first game. What I expect is for specific stages to be designed around mastering one specific weapon, but I'd like to see some flexibility left to the player.

The copy beneath the YouTube video says:

Nintendo said:
Callie—of Squid Sisters fame—has gone missing and it’s up to you, with the help of Marie, to search for Callie and the Great Zapfish while battling against the Octarian army. Use different weapons in single-player mode to overcome obstacles, defeat enemies and take down towering bosses – weapons like the Roller, Slosher, Splatling, or the new Dualies. For more on the Squid Sisters, check out the Squid Sisters Stories here: https://goo.gl/QUy7Ql

Top Bottom