• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

E3 2017 Predictions (and hopes and dreams):

Microsoft:
-Scorpio: $399-449. September
-All 1st party 2017 Xbox games are native 4k
-September: Forza 7
-October: State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3
-Sea of Thieves is August or December
-ReCore T8NK expansion and definitive edition: August. ReCore 2 teased
-Indie spotlight, summer releases Cuphead and Tacoma
-3rd Part games: Assassins Creed: Origins, Shadow of War. Both native 4k
-Halo Wars 2 expansion
-Player Unknown's Battleground first on Xbox
-Gears of War standalone download only game/expansion. $20-40. Launches next to Scorpio
-Original Xbox BC
-Rare's 2nd game announced. Q1/Q2 2018
-Turtle Rock's new IP is an Xbox console exclusive, and a Play anywhere title
-A new European studio is announced with a teaser of their first project

My hope for MS is that their years of talking about their renewed investment in first party finally starts bearing fruit. This means new games/IP, new studios, etc. My dream would be a new Casey Hudson RPG.

Sony:
-Q3/Q4 2017: Knack 2, GT Sport, Days Gone, U4 Lost Legacy
-Q1/Q2 2018: Dreams (short trailer), God of War (Gameplay demo)
-Q3/Q4 2018: Spiderman, Detroit. Gameplay demos for both
-Sucker Punch reveals new game. 2018
-2019: Death Stranding (new trailer, no gameplay), TLOU2 (cinematic trailer)
-3rd party games; COD WWII, FC5, RDR2, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2
-Indie spotlight featuring Pyre and That Game Company's new game
-Shenmue II new trailer
-Kingdom Hearts 3 new trailer
-PS Vita: No mention
-PSVR: less than 7 minutes on hardware/software. Headset only to $300.

Sony has had back to back outstanding E3 showings, and I don't think this year will be any different. Their breadth of games is vast and diverse. They only way for them to disappoint at this time is if they tried.

I think we have a generally good idea of what will be shown at Ubisoft, EA, and Bethesda. I would love to see Ubisoft close with Beyond Good and Evil 2. Seeing Amy Hennig's Star Wars game would be great, but I think they'll want to keep focus on 1 SW game at a time. I haven't followed Nintendo closely enough to make reliable predictions on them.

Sesha

In light of this I thought I'd start a conversation and ask you Itsuno fans: DMC5 or Dragon's Dogma 2?

Which one I want more or which one I think will happen first?

DMC5 for both. A Dragon's Dogma 2 wouldn't come out this fast. While Itsuno announced his new title in January of last year, I doubt Capcom would want Itsuno to work on Dragon's Dogma 2 before they saw how the PC version sold. DMC is a bigger seller than Dragon's Dogma, and is the only major franchise on Capcom's console pipeline projection for 2016-2018 that hasn't gotten a major new title. We already got DMC HD Collection, which sold 1m, then DmC Definitive Edition and DMC4SE. The latter two about half a year before Itsuno announced he was working on his new title. Then there was the See You Next Devil May Cry tease in DMC4SE.

Even if Dragon's Dogma 2 happened, I'm not sure if Itsuno would return to direct. He didn't direct Dark Arisen, while he has directed both Special Editions of DMC3 and DMC4.

Hey all. Looks like I'm suddenly attending E3.. and by myself at that. Was wondering if anyone else here was also going, and if you'd like to meet up it anything :)

PooBone

Looking forward to learning about the new Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games. I hope Remedy has something to share, and if Halo 6 isn't gonna be at E3 and Halo 3 isn't getting a remaster, what will 343 be showing off? Hopefully it's not just Halo Wars 2 DLC.

Dream: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Dream of dreams: Half Life 3

In light of this I thought I'd start a conversation and ask you Itsuno fans: DMC5 or Dragon's Dogma 2?
One of them is pretty much alive and has an online entry (which will eventually come to west), while the other one has been gone for 9 years.

So, Devil May Cry 5. In a heartbeat.

I do want DD2, but not at the expense of DMC5.

Hopes:

Devil May Cry
Cyberpunk 2077
Hitman Season 2 reveal
Last of Us 2 gameplay
Death Stranding gameplay

Dreams:

Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer (Take-Two said nothing is happening).
Bloodborne 2
New Splinter Cell
Tenchu Reboot

Predictions:

God of War release date
Dishonored 2 DLC featuring Daud or Billy Lurk
Sucker Punch is making another Infamous game
New Batman Arkham Game

i am not sure what i can hope for at this point since the 2 games i've wanted forever (South Park Sequel and RDR2) are on the way. And far cry 5 is looking cool.

i guess these would be cool:

New super Mario + Luigi port to switch
VC for switch
new batman arkham game. those are fun
new wolfenstein
animal crossing switch
PUBG on console

zenspider

Ex-Treasure devs going WiiWare "ReBirth" on some Konami IP: Castlevania, Contra, Gradius, Rocket Knight.

A clear vision of post Dark Souls III From projects, particularly the Miyazaki "A-team".

A date for the Vanillaware sci-fi game.

A new game from Retro studios (not Metroid or DKC)

A "Metroid redemtion": a proper Metroid 5 that picks up after Fusion and Other M. Maybe some of the elements of Prime, but retains the agile 3rd person Samus of Other M.

A Zelda BotW story DLC trailer.

Overwatch Switch Q1 2018

Elfstruck

I think they mean that in addition to the new IP. At least, I hope we get a new inFamous someday, or at least the remaster of the 3 PS3 releases >_<

They are a medium sized studio. This new IP will come out sometime next year, so their next game would be 2020 at the earliest.

I'm expecting a blowout on Switch games in development, and a new Death by Stranding trailer.

I'd like a new KH3 trailer, but who am I kidding? ;-;

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
More than anything else I want Retro Studios on either a new IP or a long lost Nintendo franchise.

We got three great Metroid games and two great Donkey Kong games from them, let them work on something else. Pigeonholing them into being "the Metroid Studio" doesn't do anyone any favors.

Sponge

Banned
More than anything else I want Retro Studios on either a new IP or a long lost Nintendo franchise.

We got three great Metroid games and three great Donkey Kong games from them, let them work on something else. Pigeonholing them into being "the Metroid Studio" doesn't do anyone any favors.

No we haven't. I'm hoping we get a 3D DK from Retro.

Fou-Lu

A trailer starts with the pan over of some interesting fantasy landscapes that look beautiful, but empty.

The music picks up and gameplay begins to be shown. It's a city builder in those fantasy areas, cities are being built, interesting people are wandering about. Everything is done in a breathtaking anime art style. It looks like a lot of fun, maybe something people that aren't normally into city builders, but like fantasy might try out.

The screen goes black and the music ends, Sony logo is shown and then...
the level 5 logo appears and the main theme of Dark Cloud 1 begins to play. More gameplay is shown, this time of a character exploring vast dungeons and engaging in action combat and the upgrading of weaponry and gadgets. We zoom up to the clouds which are dark and stormy and boom, Dark Cloud 3 across the screen and the crowd goes wild.

AAMARMO

Banned
I was wondering and really hoping for that SEGA announce there last batch of PC ports at E3.

Here's what im hoping for:
Yakuza 3
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colours
Virtua Fighter 5
Resonance of Fate

I was wondering and really hoping for that SEGA announce there last batch of PC ports at E3.

Yakuza 3
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colours
Virtua Fighter 5
Resonance of Fate

The last one is in the realm of possibility, unlike the others.

Hopes
-metroid announcement
-virtual console, hopefully SNES and also gamecube
-Luigi's Mansion 3 (I think it's a very low chance though because they may not want to dilute attention too much)
-something last of us II
-Spider-Man gameplay
-death stranding info
-borderlands 3 official announcement
-cyberpunk 2077 info
-maximum possible Nintendo switch support

Dreams
-3D mascot exploration game like spyro/banjo (not knack)
-new perfect dark
-burnout type of game
-cyberpunk turn based rpg (like Charles barkley's shut up and jam game)

wtd2009

Finally come to terms with the fact that based on the recent reports I won't be seeing ff7r this year, most likely. I'm gonna move that one into my "dreams" category. as for hopes, i'm hoping to see ni no kuni 2, dragon Quest with some mention of a western release, borderlands 3, and kingdom hearts 3. predictions the same as what's already been said above.

Another E3, another year I wish for a Burnout HD Collection that I know is never coming.

Speaking of EA though, I really hope we finally see something from Visceral's Star Wars game. Should be about time.

Off the top of my head:

- New Bioshock
- "Dying Light" sequel
- New Bethesda Game Studios IP
- New Metro game
- Dead Space

Edit: Give me a FEAR reboot. Please.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'd love to see some gems from the past return to the spotlight this generation. Given the success of titles like Nioh, I think it's primetime for Capcom to give us a new Onimusha. Building upon that train of thought, Dinosaurs have been a big thing since Jurassic World and Horizon, Ark, etc. and so it's an opportune time to hit gamers with Dino Crisis as well. These things would go a long way in restoring faith in Capcom and building goodwill with gamers. Devil May Cry 5 needs to be a return to form for the franchise after DmC. Tenchu needs to emerge from the shadows and make itself known

If Sony releases a new Extermination game I'd be extremely happy.

7he Talon

- TLOU 2 gameplay
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Gameplay
- Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer and gameplay

...A man can dream, right?

wouwie

My hopes (not really expecting any to actually happen though):
- the new game from ThatGameCompany (that one seems the most likely to happen?)
- a new Trials game (the motorbike game)
- Unravel 2
- a new Rayman game

J2 Cool

Is there any longshot expectations of gtavi being shown with a slight teaser/city reveal? I feel like we should be closing in on seeing possibly a glimpse of it, as gtav's was 2011.

Vanquish 2. It's all I want.

Yakuza 3
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colours
Virtua Fighter 5
Resonance of Fate

Sega Announces a Persona game on PC.

Persona 4: Dancing all night.

Revan

Chapter 3 (a man can dream right?)

Seriously now...

Death Stranding
Something to do with RDR2 (even tho it probably won't happen)
I'm kinda interested in the new Assassin's Creed but it's Ubisoft so I'm skeptical.

That's really about it however. I like E3 to surprise me so I don't get my hopes up or subscribe to any hype at all.

Edit: Anything Ninja Gaiden related (remasters/NG4 - anything)

Top Bottom