• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

13ruce

Banned
Just got high quality wireless jbl earbuds and damn...... Dat Splatoon 2 and even 1 music is even more lit.

Holy Shit Soundtrack of the year.

Edit: how one splatoon idol sings into the left side and the other in the right is amazing and the sound quality damn....

Branduil

I'm a quarter through Charisma Mac Potato Boy and I haven't even played 10 matches against actual Nuggets teams.
Well, it's technically the first layout to Japan.

It's weird that it's entirely new though. I thought Japan would get Shifty 1.

Wait, this isn't the same Shifty Station layout that NA got last week? That's weird.

Regiruler

I'm a quarter through Charisma Mac Potato Boy and I haven't even played 10 matches against actual Nuggets teams.

Wait, this isn't the same Shifty Station layout that NA got last week? That's weird.

The Japan layout has sponges, right? I don't remember any of those in Shifty 2.

Branduil

God I fucking hate Starfish Mainstage. It's even worse in Splatfest because those bright lights make the ink colors almost indistinguishable.

And why do I keep getting put on teams with some dumbfuck who does nothing but stand on that ledge above the stage? I'm gonna report the next fucker I see do that.

Branduil

I love when you get a million kills and still get destroyed because the rest of your team is fucking gutless cowards who refuse to ever push

DJR6WURV4AAhz82.jpg:large

ikuze

Can't find any players for the splatfest... frustrating. Thanks, Nintendo.

Anyone living in Japan wanna team up? #TeamFries

ionitron

So I decided to start using the Sploosh-o-matic for turfing and it's super fun.

But I feel like an asshole, lol. If you know how to use it well its easy to crawl up on people and splat them, not to mention the coverage.

Will use for splatfest.

Salmon Run is so much fun when you play with teamates who understand the concept ! I had a great, great (and stressfull lol) time !

-shadow-

I'm happy with a buff for the Sting Ray, but I think they've way overdone it! I was hit it while having the ink armour, it was a one hit kill. The armour didn't even go away, I got splatted straight away. What the hell?

Edit: was playing Splatzones just now, there were six seconds for the opponents and we had it, counter down went to six and we lost it. The counter jumped back to seven seconds! We lost it into the last few seconds because if this. How the hell did this happen!?

Doorman

I'm happy with a buff for the Sting Ray, but I think they've way overdone it! I was hit it while having the ink armour, it was a one hit kill. The armour didn't even go away, I got splatted straight away. What the hell?

I think that has as much to do with the nerf to armor as it does the buff to Stingray. The reduction in its invulnerability frames is incredibly noticeable against a lot of weapons.

It's also worth keeping in mind that armor doesn't heal damage you've already accrued prior to the armor being applied, and you'll still take natural damage if you're standing in enemy ink that the armor also doesn't cover. There's also the way that stingray applies damage as a continuous rolling damage-over-time rather than dealing it in exact "hits" which might apply to armor different than getting hit by other normal weapons. If you got somehow "one-hit," my guess would be that you had damage from elsewhere already on and the stingray somehow hits enough to trigger the armor's new overkill effect.

Rainmaker on The Reef.
Teammates are Aerospray (me), Roller, Octobrush, and a Squiffer.
Other team is Roller, 2 N-Zaps, and a Sploosh-O-Matic.

Our score: 75
Theirs: 10

We manage to get the Rainmaker to 70 with 45 seconds left. We drop it. Other team shows up.

I manage to kill all 4 at once.

We advance to 35. They kill our Rainmaker. I kill all 4 again. Grab the Rainmaker myself. Knockout with 10 seconds left.

Whew. I love this game!

It's bullhonkey that your pay grade can go down in Salmon Run if one of your players DCs. I had teammates standing there at the cannons not doing anything or going after the eggs, then they DCed and we wiped out.

Wow, guess we'll start seeing those shoes around again huh?

I suppose so! I like how SplatNet2 has really opened up one of the coolest elements of this game; the fashion.

Used to be the case that some pieces of gear were exceedingly cool looking, but were tragically stuck with some trash ability nobody wanted - so you never saw anyone wearing them and they were impossible to justify using if you had any understanding of the way abilities work in the game.

But now I assume (nearly) every single piece of gear will eventually be available with every single ability - obviously excluding the stuff that's only available on certain piece types.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Apparently I'm never going to get to S+ in rainmaker. Just got knocked back to A+ again.
Good god I have the worst fucking teammates. Just went down to A now.

Ogodei

1 win away from S-rank in tower control then i cracked, and barely got back over the line.

My reaction wasn't pretty. I've had some embarrassing meltdowns before, but damn. I've got to figure out why Splatoon makes me so angry.

1 win away from S-rank in tower control then i cracked, and barely got back over the line.

My reaction wasn't pretty. I've had some embarrassing meltdowns before, but damn. I've got to figure out why Splatoon makes me so angry.

It's something I noticed with the first game... man, the highs and the lows! The HIGHS are just so goddamn high! Like today I rode the goddamn tower across the entire map, wiped the entire enemy team all by myself TWICE as they tried to knock me off, secured the goddamn victory - ALL of this taking place IN OVERTIME. Warning siren blaring, splattin' fools left and right with my .96 gal, juuuuuust edging 1 point ahead of the villainous "bad guys". I felt like a motherfucking golden god. I was ecstatic. Unbelievable. Why wasn't I recording that.

But yes... the inevitable LOWS, on the other hand...

Jims

Turf is getting really competitive lately. Dunno if the matchmaking changed, or if the more casual players are dropping out, or this is just a Late Night Splatoon thing. The days of endlessly picking off Aerospray players are over.

Branduil

I think Sloshing Machine has to be one of the strongest weapons now. With its range, ability to arc over obstacles and walls, splash damage, Auto-bombs, and the new buffed Sting Ray, its really ideal for taking and defending choke points.

Jims

I think Sloshing Machine has to be one of the strongest weapons now. With its range, ability to arc over obstacles and walls, splash damage, Auto-bombs, and the new buffed Sting Ray, its really ideal for taking and defending choke points.

Yeah, I agree... I think the decline of regular Slosher and blasters (aside from Rapid) is really benefiting the weapon, as well as its great kit. The stages in Splatoon 2 really do seem to full of little raised and layered platforms begging for shots to be dropped onto. Inkblot Academy and Manta Maria, in particular, are ridiculous for that weapon.

Finding it to be really really good at Tower Control, but I struggle with it in Rainmaker. I feel like it's not aggressive enough for that mode sometimes.

Been trying to level up the Aviator Shades and Shirt and Tie to make a build for it, but he ends up looking like Robin Thicke holding a mini washing machine...

Branduil

I fucking called it.

I'm just going to deliberately vote for whatever will be less popular from now on, regardless of topic. There's literally no point in voting for the popular option since they'll always lose the matches and it takes forever to get a game going, which 90% of the time will be a friendly.

I expect a change sometime in the near future to the way Splatfests are scored. Happened in the first game when it became abundantly clear that... it was abundantly clear quite often who was gonna win.

Anyone remember what specific changes they made back then? A simple google would surely confirm or deny, but I believe it was a change to the weight/value attached to the popularity scores, as opposed to any change in anything related to the actual WINS totals.

And I seem to recall just about everybody back then saying "well damn, now just pick the least popular one and you'll win every time!" Which might have perhaps been partially true, were it not for the unbridled love and enthusiasm we ALL feel/felt for Marie.

So I guess my point is... bring Callie back???

J@hranimo

Banned
I fucking called it.

I'm just going to deliberately vote for whatever will be less popular from now on, regardless of topic. There's literally no point in voting for the popular option since they'll always lose the matches and it takes forever to get a game going, which 90% of the time will be a friendly.

And with that realization, you are a true squid :p.

Top Bottom