• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final month to E3 2012: GAF's Predictions

mclem

I can make some stock images, if you want.

The main thing that bothered me last year was the wildly different typefaces on different peoples' cards; consistent within the cards, but in mashup form it looked a bit unclear and random.

http://urchin.earth.li/~matt//e3bingo.htm is the generator from then; there's a dropdown at the bottom to select GAF's collection. I'm thinking just a reasonable fixed size for images with the top 3/4 being image, the bottom being a caption would be good, unless there's anything that'd look better.

Edit: I'm also pondering a scoring system to ensure cards aren't *too* hard. That'd be mostly internal, but it's something to muse on.

Nintendo
- Support from big companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft, other than these... lol.

Sony
- Invisible Vita E3 blowout, except for Call of Duty which also comes out for your Sony microwave

Microsoft
- Thid wave of Kinect games, new Live services, presentation of multi-platform games already announced

abasm

Nintendo:

- First half announcements will mostly be confined to game localizations--Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter (with online play), Pokemon BW2, Pandora's Tower--with a couple new announcements sprinkled in. Perhaps a new handheld Zelda or Metroid.

-Second half will be the Wii U info dump. No date or pricing (we all know it's Nov. 18th, $299 anyway) but launch line-up will be unveiled. Nintendo's been collaborating and outsourcing games recently, which leads me to believe that they've been full-tilt on Wii U development for some time. I expect a lot of surprises beyond Pikmin and NSMB. They'll want to position the console as a must-have on release.

- If Smash Bros. appears at all, it will be a CG proof-of-concept teaser.

...and as always, Nintendo usually guards its secrets well. Expect the unexpected. Not megatons, but smaller, pleasant surprises.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ok guys, here's what's going to happen.

Reggie is going to come out at the end of the show, for a big reveal......

You forgot to add that the show in question is the Sony conference that Reggie has just gatecrashed.

Conor 419

Banned
Microsoft

Thinking about it, Microsoft could actually have quite a well rounded conference for the first time since 2009. Halo 4 and Forza: Horizon both look like really fresh takes on their respective series, whereas Microsoft's Vancouver's project could add some real depth to their first party lineup. I imagine that they'll also showcase Class3. The game's way too ambitious and unique to miss out on the E3 conference.

In terms of Kinect, well what trend have we been seeing since the start? Microsoft are following the Kinect + Big Name IP tactic. We've seen Kinect Star Wars, Kinect Sesame Street, come this year I imagine we'll see some kind of Kinect Marvel/Disney/Lord of the Rings or Pixar focused title to be the next big thing following Kinect Star Wars.

Third Party? I fully expect to see Versus XIII, there's literally no reason for it to not be on the Xbox 360. I don't expect to see Respawn's project, that's more likely for the Sony stage. HOWEVER, if Bungie are ready to show off their new title. I fully expect to see it on the Microsoft stage.

Finally, the media partnerships. I imagine they'll do something to switchup the XBL Gold/Silver membership passage, there are tonnes of silver members they know they could probably instantly get back if they allowed them to play online games over xbl for free. We'll probably see the debute of Xbox music, elaboration on Xbox TV and finally some kinda of partnership between Microsoft and say...Spotify.

Nintendo

reggieshrug.jpg

Sony

?????

There's no way that's gonna happen. Vita is not even a sure bet either. If there's any price cut announced, the most likely one would be PS3.

3DS I agree but string feeling Vita drops. The PS3 dropped in price the first E3 after launch so it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

I think PS3 going to $199 will be for Gamescom.

Jintor

Reggie is going to come out at the end of the show, for a big reveal.

"Today, you have seen some truly great innovations to the world of gaming. But as Nintendo has always said, we look to drive the experience."

He licks his lips, panning the room as he sees everyone is waiting on baited breath.

"Today, we take a giant leap forward in the world of social gaming. You have never experienced something like this before."

Orchestral music fills the room, starting with the familiar Mario theme, gracefully transitioning to the sounds of Hyrule and Pop Star.

"Today, we want YOU to PARTY."

He can barely hold it in any longer. He raises his arms in jubilance.

"Introducing, MARIO PARTY: WII U EDITION"

An audible groan goes up from the crowd. Bloggers begin writing articles "The End of Nintendo?" and Twitter is overloaded with disappointment.

"As you can see from the trailer, Link is now a playable character, who will bring his own brand of hijinks to our flagship series. And look, we have more char--"

The screens turn off, and Reggie is nervous. Someone from the crowd must have pulled the plug. Banks of lights are now shutting off, one at a time. The theater becomes darker and darker. The din of cell phones and laptops provide an eerie glow.

Then, a voice booms over the speakers.

"Wake up, Mr. Fils-Amie. Wake up and smell the ashes."

The G-Man is on the screens now. The only sounds from the audience are audible sharts.

He cackles, and fades away as the lights suddenly burst back on. Reggie has been replaced by Gabe Newell on the stage.

"Today, I am announcing that Half-Life 3 will be a launch title for the Wii-U, and it will be...EXCLUSIVE. E3 has now concluded!"

He drops a smoke bomb, which clouds him briefly as he casually walks off the stage.

...And that's what will happen at E3.

iwanttobelieve.gif

Even better than the crazy "Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto interrupt Microsoft's Press Conference by chokeslamming the presenter"

GrizzNKev

Banned
This time, the audience really will be holograms.

I hope I get to see Gaben in person. ahhhhhhhhhh

I recently started getting emails about needing to set up appointments and stuff during the show days and I think it influenced my dream last night. In this dream, I had received a special insider-only magazine that listed every upcoming E3 reveal, including a NSMB WiiU game. Except in the picture, the WiiU controller was replaced by an iPad, and the accelerometer controlled player movement left and right.

Truly a nightmare.

- Valve announces Half-Life 3. Believe.

- Valve, along with some other Japanese partners, announces several surprising new J-content titles coming to Steam (beyond what we already know is coming), including long-established franchises making the PC leap for the first time, and a general program of trying to get more Asian-created content on Steam, with a bit of a focus on the world's second-largest content market. Also, possibly, an announcement that the Steamworks SDK is or soon will be available fully translated into Japanese.

- Valve announces SOMETHING about big picture mode. Maybe a Steam Box of some sort, maybe an imminent release, they'll do something with it.

- There is a strange de-emphasis on XBLA from Microsoft; no new XBLA titles get announced. Mostly following a trend we've already been seeing.

- Sony really begins to look desperate and throws out a lot of seemingly random titles in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and see what sticks. Hopefully something about Last Guardian emerges.

- Atlus announces Persona 5. Believe.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I predict that we'll see Bungie come out of hibernation and buy Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. They will then proceed to release super Mario Halo Stars of War.

Nah seriously I hope and think we might get lucky and at least see a teaser of what Bungie has been up too. I think We'll obviously get a ton of WII U info too. I also predict Halo 4 getting a ton of time to shine too. Other then that though who knows.

Foffy

Banned
Microsoft - I have no idea what they're going to show, and at this point I don't genuinely care. Their first party efforts no longer have any of my interests, and the third party hooks they seem to adore are Call of Duty. They've unimpressed me for the last few years, and I suppose as a result I expect the worst.

Sony - Sony's in a bit of a growing pains phase, I'd assume. Besides the really, really awful habit of revealing games weeks before E3, their focus better be on Vita. I'm amazed that I feel this way, but I feel that all of the promise with the technology of the Vita is going to go to waste. There aren't any games out for it that are worth buying the system for, and the games down the road don't seem to do the job either. If Call of Duty Vita is going to be THE thing for the Vita, I think by the time New Super Mario Bros 2 comes out, we can start seriously analyzing if the platform is on life support or near death. It's doing incredibly poorly, and this is perhaps they've applied the philosophy to the Vita in its entirely as the did with the PSP in North America and Europe. The PSP thrived in Japan, and it's something to behold to see the Vita having some of the worst sales rates since the Xbox 360 over there.

Nintendo - Once again, Nintendo is probably entering E3 in the best position of the three. The 3DS is pretty set, so all they need are release dates and game reveals. The Wii U however is something they're going to have to really, really focus on. Iwata knows, and all of us know too, it's going to be the games that would make any of us consider the platform. Nintendo has to show a good first party lineup that will appear at launch, not something 7 or 8 months down the road like on 3DS. They also have to have third parties on board, too.

raven777

I am quite surprised that sony revealed their big games before e3 (LoU, GOW:A, PS allstars). We will see a lot of new infos on these games on E3, but I wonder if they will have any big surprise announcement left on their sleeves.

I do think/hope they will focus on Vita. They really need some strong title support, and hopefully games like CoD and other big titles for Vita will show up.

But to be honest, I just want new infos on The Last Guardian and Versus XIII, which we will never get.

MICROSOFT

Will once again utterly and totally ignore what made them popular in the first place and continue to push the Kinect into an early grave. Lots of juicy details for Halo 4. Might even announce a new console.

SONY

Sony really have to focus on the Vita, else they be fucked. LOTS of good, exclusive, non-port Vita titles, and give us some more deets on God of War 0 and Sony All-Stars

NINTENDO

Will either be great or just "ok" depending all on how they handle the WiiU. In the 3DS area, announce a few third party exclusives, but just give me Animal Crossing date you bastards.

chiablo

Microsoft: Will announce their next console and will have a graphics demo using Unreal Engine 4.

Sony: Will push Vita hard, absolutely no news of the PS4.

Nintendo: Wii U demonstrations showing the versatility of couch multiplayer, mostly because they do not understand the Internet.

RPGamer92

Banned
Microsoft:
Halo 4
Forza Horizon
Kinect Sports 3/Dance Central 3
Disneyland 2
BO 2 Exclusive Content
RE 6 Exclusive Content
Price Cuts- $249 250 GB 360 w/ Kinect, $179 4 GB 360

Nintendo:
3DS games- Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, NSMB2
New 3DS games announced- Zelda, Kirby
Wii U- Zelda Wii U, NSMB Wii U, Pikmin 3 Wii U
New Wii U games-
Metroid Prime 4 by Epic (Megaton of show)
DKCR2 by Retro
New Monolithsoft game (Xenoblade 2 maybe?)
End show with SSB4 for Wii U and 3DS trailer, GAF goes crazy, declares Nintendo the winner of E3

Sony:
Gameplay demos for GOW:A, Last of Us, and PS All Stars
Rest of the show is VITA, VITA, VITA (maybe a price drop here)

Go_Ly_Dow

NeoGAF

-Search disabled
-NO 500 ERRORS! (calling it now)
-Meltdowns
-Hype-train crash
-Hilarious gifs
-Threads moving too fast to actually make any sense of what's happening
-E3 is a huge let-down and now irrelevant because of the lack of new consoles

Conference

-Versus XIII appearance
-Versus XIII renamed to FFXV
-Type-0 for Vita
-The Last Guardian appearance
-Nothing for Quantic Dreams game
-Wii-U slightly more powerful than current gen consoles
-Monoliths next game for Wii-U and/or 3DS
-No FFVII Remake!

Nibel

NeoGAF

-Search disabled
-NO 500 ERRORS! (calling it now)
-Meltdowns
-Hype-train crash
-Hilarious gifs
-Threads moving too fast to actually make any sense of what's happening
-E3 is a huge let-down and now irrelevant because of the lack of new consoles

Conference

-Versus XIII appearance
-Versus XIII renamed to FFXV

-Type-0 for Vita
-The Last Guardian appearance
-Nothing for Quantic Dreams game
-Wii-U slightly more powerful than current gen consoles
-Monoliths next game for Wii-U and/or 3DS
-No FFVII Remake!

7Ncb2.gif

Doffen

Microsoft:
  • Halo 4
  • Ryse
  • Fable: The Journey
  • Forza Horizon
  • New Ruffian Games project
  • MGS Vancouver project
  • New Rare game
  • Exclusive Kinect games from 3rd pary
  • XBLA Bomb (X360, WP8 & W8)

I just hope the MS press conference doesn't bore me to tears like it has the past two years.

I am stoked to see more Halo 4 footage, but what else is there? I don't have a Kinect(and don't care to have one). I might be drawing a blank as I thought there was one more big name game coming out on 360 this year or maybe they'll announce it at E3.

I love my 360 but man MS needs to step it up.

Sony should have an interesting conference, but seeing as how they seem to be blowing there load already, it may be rather boring too.

Nintendo's conference is the one I'm looking for. Excited to see Pikmin 3 and a new Mario game and some more 3DS titles.

Wow, I just rambled and didn't even predict anything.

• Konami will announce Genso Suikoden 1 & 2 Collection for the PSP remastered and upgraded for the Vita.
  • Nintendo will announce that a new metroid title in 2D called Super Metroid 2 for the Wii-U
  • Bioware will confirm that the last 10 mins of ME3 didn't happen and the DLC will disregard casper.
  • Sony will announce more characters for SSMB playstation. Including Drake, Crash, and many others
  • Vita will get the Monster Hunter announcement
  • More details into COD vita
  • FFXII remastered in HD for the PS3 (international ver)
  • RE2 remastered for HD with RE4 gameplay.
  • A new game from Treasure exclusive to the Vita.
  • Valve will announce HL3 with release date of Q1 2013
  • Blizzard will announce Titan with Release date exclusive to consoles.
  • A new zelda game will be announced for 3ds and is not a prequel. Will be set after link to the past and Zelda will die in the first 10 mins of the game. Ganon will not be the final boss.
  • New F-Zero game for Wii-U. Developed by Sega.
  • Nintendo will introduce the nintendo network and will be paid service.

-360 price drop announced, no price drops for other systems
-Most big third-party multiplatform games come to WiiU but not GTA V
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the WiiU Mario game, will have coop which the 3DS version will not have
-Retro Studios Zelda trailer and 3D WiiU Mario trailers in Nintendo conference. 2013. No Smash Bros shown
-Basically no big exclusive games announced from western third-parties for 3DS, Vita, or WiiU

And hopefully there will be some new IPs playable for WiiU.

abasm

They aren't going to rename Versus XIII to XV, you guys. The last time they tried something even remotely close to real-time combat (XII), the Japanese fans abandoned ship. Square isn't bold enough to experiment with that much money and time invested. It would sink them--Eidos be damned.

Arukado

• Tons of numbers and shit no one cares about.
  • God of War Ascension: singleplayer trailer or maybe a live demo.
  • All Stars Battle Royale: new characters.
  • Last of Us: trailer with gameplay.
  • Assassins Creed 3: trailer with gameplay.
  • New Vita announcements, i hope.

KingK

Microsoft
Honestly, I don't have a 360 so I don't pay too much attention to MS conferences usually, but I would expect
-Halo 4 stage demo that looks pretty awesome
-Black Ops 2 stage demo
-a whole lot of Kinect stuff
-more TV/Movie related stuff

Nintendo
Nintendo's could be really great with the WiiU unveiling. I'm still not sold on the console, so hopefully they show some stuff to impress
-Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Pikmin all showed for WiiU
-A shit ton of awesome looking 3DS games that will make me want to buy the system
-Reggie shows off the Smash Bros. logo, promising it's coming for WiiU and 3DS, then makes some snide "fuck you" comment to Sony about PBR
-Combination of tons of games and new hardware reveal will lead most to declare Nintendo the "winner" of E3

Sony
-Big focus on Vita. Several new games, most of which may be awesome looking, but won't really matter to most people.
-The Last of Us stage demo + release date this fall/holiday season. Will include Beta code for GoW:A multiplayer
-God of War: Ascension single player demo
-Some third party multiplatform game demo. Maybe Assassin's Creed 3
-New character reveals for PBR including at least on 3rd party character (Cloud or Snake)
-"PS3 just hitting its stride"
-"Vita just hitting its stride"
-Zero mention on The Last Guardian

NeoGAF
-500 errors
-bans
-awesome gifs
-cynicism
-bitching
-overreactions

Theman2k

Microsoft
Honestly, I don't have a 360 so I don't pay too much attention to MS conferences usually, but I would expect
-Halo 4 stage demo that looks pretty awesome
-Black Ops 2 stage demo
-a whole lot of Kinect stuff
-more TV/Movie related stuff

Nintendo
Nintendo's could be really great with the WiiU unveiling. I'm still not sold on the console, so hopefully they show some stuff to impress
-Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Pikmin all showed for WiiU
-A shit ton of awesome looking 3DS games that will make me want to buy the system
-Reggie shows off the Smash Bros. logo, promising it's coming for WiiU and 3DS, then makes some snide "fuck you" comment to Sony about PBR
-Combination of tons of games and new hardware reveal will lead most to declare Nintendo the "winner" of E3

Sony
-Big focus on Vita. Several new games, most of which may be awesome looking, but won't really matter to most people.
-The Last of Us stage demo + release date this fall/holiday season. Will include Beta code for GoW:A multiplayer
-God of War: Ascension single player demo
-Some third party multiplatform game demo. Maybe Assassin's Creed 3
-New character reveals for PBR including at least on 3rd party character (Cloud or Snake)
-"PS3 just hitting its stride"
-"Vita just hitting its stride"
-Zero mention on The Last Guardian

NeoGAF
-500 errors
-bans
-awesome gifs
-cynicism
-bitching
-overreactions

Yep, pretty much.. :)

jbug617

Banned
Microsoft:
Halo 4
Forza Horizon
Fable: The Journey
Skyrim DLC demo
Resident Evil 6 demo
New Kinect game from 1st party
New apps and my guess is original content (they took a run at Conan when he was a free agent)

Sony:
God of War: Ascension
The Last of Us
Random celebrity like Kobe last year
Playstation Allstars Battle Royal
Black Ops 2 Vita demo
Dead Space 3 demo
Assassins Creed 3 demo
Epic making a Vita game

Nintendo:
Wii U
Rayman Legends
Madden 13
Retro is making the next Zelda
Super Mario Bros 3DS
Rockstar comes out and shows GTA 5 running on the Wii U

Beth Cyra

FF XIV 2.0 Announced for Wii U
FF Vs XIII shown by SE, still VS XIII and still PS3 Exclusive.
Kingdom Hearts HD Collection PS3/Wii U/Xbox 360 and shown off at Nintendo Press Con
MGS HD Collection Featuring TTS for Wii U.
Type-0 for Vita/3DS

Almost no western support for Wii U beyond year old ports.
Very few if any Japanese Exclusive support for Vita.
Fable 4
No press confrence that lives up to the magic of Konami 2010.

Digishine

Banned
Microsoft:
HALOOOOOOOOOO 4
Forza
Kinecttttttt
COD Black ops 2 demo
at the end of the presentation they show some teaser pics of what's coming next year (aka new xbox)

Sony:
GOW
VITA is ALIVE guys!!!
the last of Us.
Moveee
and we have much more games in the making but can't show it yet blablabla.

Nintendo:
It's all about U well the Wii U
AC3
New mario
some news about 3DS new version maybe.

Neogaf:
Gifs gifs gifs
Bans bans bans
bitchin bitchin
Mods are going crazy.
servers going nuts.

Dreamcast 2 launches

• Shenmue 3 pack in
  • Return of the VMU
  • Powerstone 3

Other Random Announcements
-Z.O.E. 3
-Earthbound (Mother) WiiU Edition
-Lucas Arts announces swansong Lightsabre game for Wii.

DJIzana

FF XIV 2.0 Announced for Wii U
FF Vs XIII shown by SE, still VS XIII and still PS3 Exclusive.
Kingdom Hearts HD Collection PS3/Wii U/Xbox 360 and shown off at Nintendo Press Con
MGS HD Collection Featuring TTS for Wii U.
Type-0 for Vita/3DS

Almost no western support for Wii U beyond year old ports.
Very few if any Japanese Exclusive support for Vita.
Fable 4
No press confrence that lives up to the magic of Konami 2010.

I'll wager $5 and say FFXIV 2.0 will NOT happen for Wii U. Simply because it'd partially clash with their Dragon Quest X Wii U version / fan base.

Beth Cyra

I'll wager $5 and say FFXIV 2.0 will NOT happen for Wii U. Simply because it'd partially clash with their Dragon Quest X Wii U version / fan base.

FF XIV2.0 won't happen on WiiU, but it will not be because of the conflicting fanbase of Dragon Quest X.

While there is some overlap Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are very different and there is much more of a chance of running into conflicting fanbases with FF XI (avalible on PC and PS3) then there would be Dragon Quest X on Wii U.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guarantee that after the major response they got from the 2006 SSB:Brawl trailer that there will be a similar event for SSB4 at e3.

Strike

Microsoft:
Halo 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops II + Timed Exclusive DLC announcement
Forza Horizon
Resident Evil 6
Dishonored
XBL Media Stuff
3rd Gen Kinect Titles

Conference Surprise:
Possible Price Cut
Durango Tease
Bungie IP
Respawn Entertainent IP
FF Versus XIII/FF XV multiplatform

Nintendo:
Wii U Blowout
3DS Fall Lineup
3rd Party Announcements (GTA V, COD: Black Ops II, EA, Capcom, Ubisoft, etc.)
Nintendo Network

Conference Surprise:
New IP/Sequel from Nintendo 1st/2nd Party Studio
3rd Party exclusive from an Eastern Publisher

Sony:
Last of Us
God of War: Ascension
PlayStation All-Stars
Assassin's Creed III
Bioshock Infinite
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Move Titles
Vita Fall Lineup/2013 Titles/Possible $50 Price cut

Conference Surprise:
Possible PS3 Price Cut (Gamescom Likely)
New IP/Sequel from Sony 1st/2nd Party Studio
Orbis Tease (Pending MS Conference)

Medalion

Banned

Reggie is going to come out at the end of the show, for a big reveal.

"Today, you have seen some truly great innovations to the world of gaming. But as Nintendo has always said, we look to drive the experience."

He licks his lips, panning the room as he sees everyone is waiting on baited breath.

"Today, we take a giant leap forward in the world of social gaming. You have never experienced something like this before."

Orchestral music fills the room, starting with the familiar Mario theme, gracefully transitioning to the sounds of Hyrule and Pop Star.

"Today, we want YOU to PARTY."

He can barely hold it in any longer. He raises his arms in jubilance.

"Introducing, MARIO PARTY: WII U EDITION"

An audible groan goes up from the crowd. Bloggers begin writing articles "The End of Nintendo?" and Twitter is overloaded with disappointment.

"As you can see from the trailer, Link is now a playable character, who will bring his own brand of hijinks to our flagship series. And look, we have more char--"

The screens turn off, and Reggie is nervous. Someone from the crowd must have pulled the plug. Banks of lights are now shutting off, one at a time. The theater becomes darker and darker. The din of cell phones and laptops provide an eerie glow.

Then, a voice booms over the speakers.

"Wake up, Mr. Fils-Amie. Wake up and smell the ashes."

The G-Man is on the screens now. The only sounds from the audience are audible sharts.

He cackles, and fades away as the lights suddenly burst back on. Reggie has been replaced by Gabe Newell on the stage.

"Today, I am announcing that Half-Life 3 will be a launch title for the Wii-U, and it will be...EXCLUSIVE. E3 has now concluded!"

He drops a smoke bomb, which clouds him briefly as he casually walks off the stage.

...And that's what will happen at E3.
In Gaben, we trust... plus Portal 3 exclusive to Wii-U also :)

Sony:
Starting 15 minutes late.
Charts/sales.
TLOU
GOW:A
BR
Move crap
Vita games both announced and unannounced
PSSuite will have spotlight at the conference.

MS
Kinect
XBL apps
Halo 4
COD Blops 2 early DLC etc..

Nintendo
WiiU re-reveal.
Third party games/ports
3DS games
Nintendo network.

GAF
Disappointment over WiiU´s power, online.
Bitching over everything.
Error 500.
Bans.

FFXIII Versus will be shown. It may or may not be a multiplat. There will be an extended gameplay trailer, just like last year - this time postponed for E3. Within 6 months of the gameplay trailer, people will claim that it doesn't exist.

Couple predictions for now:
1. Call of Duty will not be at Microsoft's presser, likely to be at Sony's showing off both the Vita game and Black Ops.

2. Microsoft will announce that Xbox Live will be the video game home of the Olympics*, showing a bunch of live content.

*probably limited to the US

Top Bottom