• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

2BF have full LPs on Criminal Upper's youtube channel. The Silent Hill Downpour playthrough is totally worth checking out.

I'd say all their LPs are worth checking out, personally. Heavy Rain is next after Streetwise is finished, can't wait.

Game Grumps really isn't grabbing me though, I'm just not feeling it.

sadsyntax

Neo Member
I nearly got uppity and unsubscribed when they said the f word and then the n word a bunch of times (im over sensitive to stuff like that I guess) but they instantly won me back with the PC joke egoraptor made afterwards

Fou-Lu

I nearly got uppity and unsubscribed when they said the f word and then the n word a bunch of times (im over sensitive to stuff like that I guess) but they instantly won me back with the PC joke egoraptor made afterwards

I thought that was amusing, because everyone knows you say shit gaming with your buds that you never would in public.

Dreavus

Hmm, watched some more of the Megaman ones, and I think they're better when playing that game for some reason. The Kirby video was just completely all over the place (maybe because it's co-op?).

Noi

Hmm, watched some more of the Megaman ones, and I think they're better when playing that game for some reason. The Kirby video was just completely all over the place (maybe because it's co-op?).

It was also the very first video, so I imagine they kinda forced forced themselves to be funnier than usual.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Never heard of them before. YouTube lps? I'll check it out when I get home.
Their accounts are linked from their videos. They are:

http://www.youtube.com/jontronshow
http://www.youtube.com/egoraptor

And they are amazing. I highly recommend Jon Tron. On his 21st birthday, he got drunk and played Castlevania Adventure on his GameBoy Player. And whenever Sonic Team screws up or succeeds with another Sonic game, they do the best videos ever. Then he has reviews of actual movies occasionally.

Jon Tron and Egoraptor are great, but I just can't get into this. They kinda just scream at the screen, laugh, and make weird voices, which works for their other videos but not all that well for an LP. In my opinion, anyway. Awesome for those of you who enjoy it.

Their accounts are linked from their videos. They are:

http://www.youtube.com/jontronshow
http://www.youtube.com/egoraptor

And they are amazing. I highly recommend Jon Tron. On his 21st birthday, he got drunk and played Castlevania Adventure on his GameBoy Player. And whenever Sonic Team screws up or succeeds with another Sonic game, they do the best videos ever. Then he has reviews of actual movies occasionally.

Steel reserve? Eeeewwww not worth the alchohol percentage

Noi

They start another game before going back to Kirby?

300px-AngryKirby.png

I'll watch it anyway.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm assuming they recorded a lot of this all in one sitting which is really nice because it guarantees new episodes daily without the "sorry, something came up and I got busy" delay you sometimes get.

Nice. Can't wait to see other games started. I just want the ones they promised. Was it Majora? And something else. I forget.

Gestahl

Jon Tron and Egoraptor are great, but I just can't get into this. They kinda just scream at the screen, laugh, and make weird voices, which works for their other videos but not all that well for an LP. In my opinion, anyway. Awesome for those of you who enjoy it.

Yeah I tried listening to MM7 and LttP and it's all pretty terrible white noise with nothing actually funny or insightful being said. But that's youtube for you and I'm mostly used to the idea that somethingawful's lparchive is the only reliable source of LPs on the internet.

Poyunch

I'm assuming they recorded a lot of this all in one sitting which is really nice because it guarantees new episodes daily without the "sorry, something came up and I got busy" delay you sometimes get.

Nice. Can't wait to see other games started. I just want the ones they promised. Was it Majora? And something else. I forget.

Conker's as well.

Mesoian

The pause balls thing from LTTP episode 3 had me in tears. I wasn't expecting it to actually come out melodically, but it did. And it was wonderful.

KarmaCow

Ha holy shit Goof Troop. I remember getting it along with a bunch of SNES games from my cousins in Germany thinking it was just some crappy game and then being blown away by it.

ZoddGutts

Hope they do more than just LP's. Would like to see a series of VS vids, both arguing which games is better than the other.

TheOGB

Banned
Goddammit this whole episode of Goof Troop has me lightheaded. Ahh man, Pushing for more co-op games was a fantastic call.

Cade

Love this series, too good. The new episode, Goof Troop part 2, is up here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJ4VBn4Uww

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, in one of the vids they mention that they would upload 2 vids per day. Not sure if they can keep that up though.
They filmed many of them at once. They just continue playing. Some of the games they play don't have battery saving. And even ones that do, so far they've continued each video right from where they left off. Sometimes mid-sentence.

Sad to say that I actually went through with it.
Mostly thr n word though, its just due to tr fact that they were saying that they wouldnt censor themselves then went right ahead and censored the n word, it's almost like they KNEW it was wrong, did it anyway, then regreted it so they bleeped it. I would have respected them more if it went unbleeped.

Overly sensitive? Maybe, but I just couldn't get over it. I kinda zoned out at that point due to the "jokes."

Top Bottom