• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Dr. Hurt is one of the main guys in Morrison's Batman run, the big story being Batman R.I.P., but a lot of that arc is also riffing on pretty much all of Batman and Robin, so, read all of the Morrison Batman run from Batman & Son to Leviathan Rises.

This is just great advice in general, everyone should read the best Batman run of all time.

So there are currently two Kal-Els? The new 52 one is doing what now, then?

There is currently one Kal-El.

So, there was New 52 Superman. Then Convergence Superman, who was supposed to be the classic Superman, joined the New 52 universe with his family. Then New 52 Superman died and Convergence Superman took his place as "our" Superman. But there was still New 52 Clark Kent, who was eventually revealed to be Mxyzptlk.

It was also revealed that - in some manner that makes no goddamn sense - Convergence Superman and New 52 Superman were two halves of the same whole. Old Superman and New 52 Superman were split into two by whatever nonsense DC is working up to with The Button.

So now, Morrison's t-shirt and jeans Superman is gone for good, with all the pre-New 52 stuff being replaced by the old continuity. The Wonder Woman relationship never happened. There's one Superman, he's been Superman for a long time, he's married to Lois, he has a son.

Dr. Hurt is one of the main guys in Morrison's Batman run, the big story being Batman R.I.P., but a lot of that arc is also riffing on pretty much all of Batman and Robin, so, read all of the Morrison Batman run from Batman & Son to Leviathan Rises.
I see. I'll pick it up eventually. It's always been on my list.

jackdoe

This is just great advice in general, everyone should read the best Batman run of all time.
Half of the run is in Absolute format and I own all of them; Absolute Final Crisis, Absolute Batman and Robin, and Absolute Batman Incorporated. I'm hoping for the rest of his run to be collected in Absolute format (Batman and Son, Black Glove, RIP, and Return of Bruce Wayne).

However, it still pisses me off that the tail end of his run got screwed up by the New 52 launch, which removed Dick Bats, Steph Batgirl, and Cassandra Cain from Batman Incorporated. DC should have just let him run the title as out of continuity.

tim1138

Half of the run is in Absolute format and I own all of them; Absolute Final Crisis, Absolute Batman and Robin, and Absolute Batman Incorporated. I'm hoping for the rest of his run to be collected in Absolute format (Batman and Son, Black Glove, RIP, and Return of Bruce Wayne).

However, it still pisses me off that the tail end of his run got screwed up by the New 52 launch, which removed Dick Bats, Steph Batgirl, and Cassandra Cain from Batman Incorporated. DC should have just let him run the title as out of continuity.

You're preaching to the choir my friend, on each and every one of these points.

Ross61

qV14A_s-200x150.gif

Messi

So that Old Man Logan arc 'The Last Ronin' was incredible and Sorrentino just blew me away. There is a spread near the end and I audibly said holy shit. The past segments are really emotional too. Great book.

So that Old Man Logan arc 'The Last Ronin' was incredible and Sorrentino just blew me away. There is a spread near the end and I audibly said holy shit. The past segments are really emotional too. Great book.

Sorrentino absolutely kills it every time he's on a book that his art style is suited to.

Wanderer5

Gave the first volume of Cassandra Cain Batgirl run a read through while I was at Barnes and Noble today. Quite a intriguing character she is, but not really a fan of the artstyle the series has. I tried to find something about Stephanie Brown too, but there didnt seem to be anything regarding her past runs.

mreddie

It sucks he's not even around for the last Lemire arc.

Klaus was ok. The premise was decent but the direction it went (The Count of Santa Claus...?) did not have enough material for 7 issues. Looked pretty decent at times though. Seems very non-Morrisony...

Also tried reading something called Time Share. Couldn't get past the first few pages. Read like some weird time travel pop culture reference filled vgcats level webcomic.

My father once told me that when I liked something not to be afraid to share those feelings with others...

LOL. That made me chuckle out loud. I actually need to buy up the rest of Morrison's bat run one of these days too. I've read it all, but I only actually own it in bits and pieces, all mixed between soft and hard cover. I don't really want absolutes though so need to see how it's available these days.

Damn, watched through episode 5 of Legion. That is some absolutely incredible storytelling, the whole directing style and the editing make for very compelling TV and totally compliment the layers upon layers plot. Very creepy at moments too.

I liked I Vampire but a lot must have been down to Sorrentino's because it just completely bombed for me in that last arc where it was mostly others on art. Super disappointing.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I did a terrible thing today. I played 5 matches of HotS and unlocked Oni Genji.

At least it's a cool outfit.

Damn, watched through episode 5 of Legion. That is some absolutely incredible storytelling, the whole directing style and the editing make for very compelling TV and totally compliment the layers upon layers plot. Very creepy at moments too.

Such a cool show. I remember when I watched the first one, I assumed they were just sort of setting the tone, and eventually it would settle into a more normal rhythm... it did not.

At least it's a cool outfit.

Such a cool show. I remember when I watched the first one, I assumed they were just sort of setting the tone, and eventually it would settle into a more normal rhythm... it did not.

Haha no not at all! It moves so fluidly moment to moment, literally. Scene wise, tone wise, it's all very clever. Without a steady hand and proper thought, it could easily be such a total over ambitious disaster but somehow the team involved know just when to turn the volume down or flip the switch and so on. Can't wait to see the rest, I'll probably mmash through it tomorrow night. Such a fantastic character study on multiple fronts too, it really has it all.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Police D.Va man. Blizzard is really gonna make me play some more.

Realizing that there was never going to be an end to released costumes helped my finally quit that game.

I really liked it, played a ton of it, but while there is no limit to the game, there is a limit to my wallet.

I'm still sad that I didn't get the Sanzang costume for Zenyatta.

Messi

Loooooved the Old Man Logan two parter by Lemire and Andrade about Logan going to find Jubilee with the howling commandos. I've always loved Andrades art ever since Captain Marvel and Secret Wars Siege. He was perfect here for the two parter. He would have been perfect on the howling commandos book too. Lemire writes a great Howling Commandos and Logan. Always happy to see Jubilee.

Y'all aren't ready for Sejics Aquaman!

So hyped

Savitar

Loooooved the Old Man Logan two parter by Lemire and Andrade about Logan going to find Jubilee with the howling commandos. I've always loved Andrades art ever since Captain Marvel and Secret Wars Siege. He was perfect here for the two parter. He would have been perfect on the howling commandos book too. Lemire writes a great Howling Commandos and Logan. Always happy to see Jubilee.

Y'all aren't ready for Sejics Aquaman!

So hyped

Oh shit he's actually doing it?!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sometimes I wonder when Donnie sleeps at all.
He seems to be always online.

Maybe he like Batman, who can meditate for 15 minutes while driving and get 9 hours sleep out of it

Aizo

Banned
There is currently one Kal-El.

So, there was New 52 Superman. Then Convergence Superman, who was supposed to be the classic Superman, joined the New 52 universe with his family. Then New 52 Superman died and Convergence Superman took his place as "our" Superman. But there was still New 52 Clark Kent, who was eventually revealed to be Mxyzptlk.

It was also revealed that - in some manner that makes no goddamn sense - Convergence Superman and New 52 Superman were two halves of the same whole. Old Superman and New 52 Superman were split into two by whatever nonsense DC is working up to with The Button.

So now, Morrison's t-shirt and jeans Superman is gone for good, with all the pre-New 52 stuff being replaced by the old continuity. The Wonder Woman relationship never happened. There's one Superman, he's been Superman for a long time, he's married to Lois, he has a son.
That's very confusing, but my friend rolls his eyes when I try to explain Xmen plot lines. Comics. Wtf is Mxyzptllk? Looks like random key presses.

That's very confusing, but my friend rolls his eyes when I try to explain Xmen plot lines. Comics. Wtf is Mxyzptllk? Looks like random key presses.

An extradimensional genie with near infinite power that likes to mess with Superman.

Think Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Messi

That reminds me, what ever happened to Switch? I loved that book.

Finishing the last 2 issues for free on DeviantArt. Trade. Then next volume will be OGN if he gets time to come back to it. I'd guess it's dead once he posts the free issues. He said the sales were such that it's not worth the money printing them. So he'd rather give them away.

caliph95

Finishing the last 2 issues for free on DeviantArt. Trade. Then next volume will be OGN if he gets time to come back to it. I'd guess it's dead once he posts the free issues. He said the sales were such that it's not worth the money printing them. So he'd rather give them away.
Oh well that explains where switch ended up
RIP TopCowVerse

Didn't he do that with Death Vigil at one point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom