• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Peru said:
Still, if Murray beats Djokovic today I will eat my socks and film it.

For the record, will you be posting the video tonight or will we have to wait a little longer?

Not saying he will win, but Murray's also on good form right now.

MIMIC

Banned
4-3 Djokovic

Although Novak is leading right now, he's playing at about 50%; whereas yesterday, he was maybe 98% He's playing very passively right now.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Wes said:
Murray is guaranteed 6th in the world rankings now. Awesome for him.

Would he go higher with a win tonight? Top five would be kind of nice. :D

MIMIC said:
4-3 Djokovic

All with service, though, and while Murray's threatened to break a couple of times, Djokovic really hasn't.

Wes

venison crêpe
iapetus said:
Would he go higher with a win tonight? Top five would be kind of nice. :D

Hmm I haven't tried to work that out. Didn't want to jinx anything. It's going ok so far though.

MIMIC

Banned
This is ridiculous :lol Murray is clearly the better player right now (although Djokovic ups his game on the big points) and Djokovic is just on auto-pilot. This reminds me of the Gulbis-Djokovic match earlier at the French Open.

Start playing, Novak!

Someone needs to smash Chris Fowler in the face.

No, you don't need to talk and spew pseudo-stats and analysis every second. It's tennis -- just let the dudes play and we'll appreciate it for ourselves.

Wes

venison crêpe
Having to watch a really crappy stream through betfair for this. This stuff should be on the BBC damn it.

MIMIC

Banned
There was a SUBSTANTIAL difference between how Novak played the first set and how he played the 2nd game in the 2nd set. He hit the ball harder, he forced Murray up his own game and he had a lot better footwork and anticipation.

First break of the match goes to Djokovic.

EDIT: and gets broken right back :lol

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Peru said:
How to best prepare socks?

fake edit: Ohh, Djoko broke Murray, there's still hope.

Murray's just messing with you. Breaks straight back.

And in honour of Murray's Scottish heritage, might I suggest deep-fried?

Koshiro

murray_185x360_360460b.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
Is Djokovic a gymnast of any sort? I remember when he played Nadal at Queens, he slid into a split, Jankovic style :lol

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Djokovic got one extremely lucky point that kept him in the game, and since then he's been on fire. If he carries on at this rate, Peru's socks might even be safe.

MIMIC

Banned
Damn. Murray really IS a pusher. His main objective seems to just get the ball back to the other side of the court.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MIMIC said:
Damn. Murray really IS a pusher. His main objective seems to just get the ball back to the other side of the court.

Technically, this is the aim of the game. If you can do it 100% of the time, you'll generally win. :D

MIMIC

Banned
Good job, Andy.

Novak. Seriously? :lol Maybe he needs a stunt double when he isn't playing Federer or Nadal.

pewye

Banned
I am surprised Murray won. I thought Djokovic would be pumped after beating Nadal.

Congrats to Murray. I think he is leading the U.S Open Series.

Roxas

Wow the crowd have disappeared before the trophy has even been handed out. They really dont like Murray...

castle007

Banned
I can't believe that federer will lose his #1 ranking after the olympics. :(

But if anyone can get it back, it is him. It has been an incredible 4 1/2 years of tennis from him. :D

Top Bottom