• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Could also depend on the harddisk type for the digital.

I am curious. I downloaded over night and didn't get a chance to play it, as I was at work until now. I will check it a little bit later.

If you've followed this thread, you'd see the storage device has no relevance. All versions of the game suffer from this problem.

Chaplain

If you have hardlock issues, do you use th eShop or the disc version? Maybe theres a relation. Because some people do experience them and some don't.

No hardlocks in 2 hours on the disc version for me.

Two crashes for me so far on disc, playing on the Gamepad.

1. The first occurred changing the audio track options after finishing a race in single player.
2. The second occurred when I pressed the Home button during a race in single player.

EDIT

I have the latest Wii U firmware.

You guys are bumming me out about the hardlocks. I bought the game (half off, but still) thinking it was the definitive version.

Hopefully it will be patched.

AkiraGr

Banned
just an educated guess about DF general WiiU opinion or have you sources for this? I haven't encountered any fragmerate issues.

I guess it's the first one though ^^

edit: I have overread your first sentence somehow, so definetly a guess

Which part of the joke you did not understand. I just said I was joking at the end of the post I do not think Digital Foundry are THAT biased to say those things about the Wii U version of most wanted.

After this sentence/question to criterion I was laughing so hard:

But hang on a second. This does somewhat dispute the established narrative suggested by more than one developer of a console using out-dated CPU technology derived from the Wii, which in turn was an overclocked, tweaked version of the GameCube. Ten minutes into our chat and Idries hasn't once mentioned the infamous lack of Wii U CPU horsepower. Wasn't this an issue for developing Most Wanted on the new Nintendo console?

Tell about asking for their self-fulfilling prophecies masked them in a question. Established narrative by one or more developers said about an overclocked GameCube CPU? Where the hell did they hear that and from what developer? They where comments on the clock speed of the CPU but they have debunked on the new architecture of the machine but an overclocked gecko?! This guys are now trying to pretend they were fooled by the comments of developers about the power of the console after Most Wanted crippled their integrity.

off topic

Digital Foundry do casual observed/flamebait-clickbait comparisons to stay relevant. Not only on the nintendo systems but also on Xbox 360 vs Playstation 3.

The thing is, running in that single tile of eDRAM, Square-Enix has almost limitless bandwidth and enormous levels of fill-rate at its disposal. So it is extremely disappointing to note that the alpha-to-coverage interlace-style effect on the characters' hair remains in the Xbox 360 game.

Final Fantasy XIII comparison

So before 3 years the eDram was the "secret sauce" that the Xbox 360 could do the interlaced effects on hair but Square/Enix could not bother with NEAR UNLIMITED bandwidth...If you read the rest of the face off-you laugh your asses off with other typical stupidities they write about.

/offtopic

Which part of the joke you did not understand. I just said I was joking at the end of the post I do not think Digital Foundry are THAT biased to say those things about the Wii U version of most wanted.

After this sentence/question to criterion I was laughing so hard:

Tell about asking for their self-fulfilling prophecies masked them in a question. Established narrative by one or more developers said about an overclocked GameCube CPU? Where the hell did they hear that and from what developer? They where comments on the clock speed of the CPU but they have debunked on the new architecture of the machine but an overclocked gecko?! This guys are now trying to pretend they were fooled by the comments of developers about the power of the console after Most Wanted crippled their integrity.

off topic

Digital Foundry do casual observed/flamebait-clickbait comparisons to stay relevant. Not only on the nintendo systems but also on Xbox 360 vs Playstation 3.

Final Fantasy XIII comparison

So before 3 years the eDram was the "secret sauce" that the Xbox 360 could do the interlaced effects on hair but Square/Enix could not bother with NEAR UNLIMITED bandwidth...If you read the rest of the face off-you laugh your asses off with other typical stupidities they write about.

/offtopic

Step away from the keyboard brohan.

Are you guys sure the hardlocks are game-specific?

I had never experienced one prior to playing Most Wanted U.

Chaplain

We (my wife and I) haven't had hardlocks on any other game except Need for Speed. We have played Zombie U, Assassins Creed 3, Scribblenauts, F-Zero, Balloon Fight, Trine 2, and a couple other games, all without a hardlock.

Any UK gaffers had as much trouble as I have to get this game? I went to Westfield in Stratford and GAME had Monster Hunter on the shelves but hadn't even heard of the game. Went to the HMV upstairs and they didn't even have MH..has anyone managed to get a copy from shops? Not good news for the Wii U.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Finally playing the game. It looks gorgeous on my 1080p projector. And I actually like more the motion controls than the analog stick. Next step will be to try accelerate using the analog stick, let's see how that works.

Any UK gaffers had as much trouble as I have to get this game? I went to Westfield in Stratford and GAME had Monster Hunter on the shelves but hadn't even heard of the game. Went to the HMV upstairs and they didn't even have MH..has anyone managed to get a copy from shops? Not good news for the Wii U.

I had a similar issue. Not even the indie was carrying MH or NFS, and Argos are only selling them online, and Tesco, Asda et al remain completely unaware of the console's existence; the games will doubtless "bomb" but it's impossible to say whether they really have, given how elusive they are.

Given that the majority of supermarkets - especially if you live outside of a major metropolitan area - have never stocked Wii U at all, Nintendo are going to need to put together a pretty tempting package for retailers.

schlew

You buy a copy of the game without a case and manual when your "anal" about that stuff, then ask for a free one to be shipped to you on NeoGaf?

you obviously dont REALLY care about the condition of the games you buy or you wouldnt have settled for anything less than a complete copy.

I think your just cheap

Trust me, your talking to the guy who regularly spends over $100 on copies of PS1 games just to get ones that have manual and caseart intact and in mint condition, as well as having to be the original black label release

It's a review copy. No case. No say in the matter. Was just asking for a favour.

Anyways, I've decided on just buying the game new as well. Might as well show my support for the game. Want go see more efforts like it.

Zero148

It's a review copy. No case. No say in the matter. Was just asking for a favour.

Anyways, I've decided on just buying the game new as well. Might as well show my support for the game. Want go see more efforts like it.

that's the spirit. Criterion made an amazing job with porting the game to the WiiU, something that is really rare on the console. So I don't mind, that I payed 5 Euro more than on the E-Shop for the game at Media Markt. Better support than buying it when it hits bomba bin.

I know, the one who profit the most from my "overpay" is Media Markt

that's the spirit. Criterion made an amazing job with porting the game to the WiiU, something that is really rare on the console. So I don't mind, that I payed 5 Euro more than on the E-Shop for the game at Media Markt. Better support than buying it when it hits bomba bin.

I know, the one who profit the most from my "overpay" is Media Markt

I bought it at Saturn. But both are belonging to the same company though. Thats why their so simiar. Except one is blue and the other one is red, lol

Zero148

I bought it at Saturn. But both are belonging to the same company though. Thats why their so simiar. Except one is blue and the other one is red, lol

yeah, you can even use either gift card in both stores. I still have one for Saturn and one for Media Markt. Hadn't them with me when buying NFS though

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The only thing I dislike about the cops in free-roam is that you can get over 50k Most Wanted points from a long pursuit, which is what you get from making first place in four different races. That seems a bit unbalanced (IMO).

Yes, I haven't had a hardlock on WiiU since the latest update, but now I've had 11 hardlocks (one today)... though they are becoming less frequent. I am starting to wonder if theyt solely have do with the connection to Origin, because I have a satellite connection which does 8MB/s (but has a low ping), so maybe the connection gets foggy and it causes the game to crash somehow *shrugs* but then again a lot of people seem to be having crashes.

I am playing with Gamepad, btw.

Tokieda

Wow, a lot much has happened since I played Burnout on the Gamecube...

Am I the only one who is weirded out by speeding on the trigger?
Been toying around with some other combinations, but I haven't really found a great one yet. Anyone have some ideas?

Btw, NNID: puntervold

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So I finally bested the Venom Most Wanted car, and I pressed the home button to brag about it on Miiverse.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Major mistake.

First hard lock before I could finish the Origin login process.

The last Wii U update definitely wasn't tested by Nintendo; I've had a few lock-ups since.

I am starting to wonder if theyt solely have do with the connection to Origin, because I have a satellite connection which does 8MB/s (but has a low ping), so maybe the connection gets foggy and it causes the game to crash somehow *shrugs* but then again a lot of people seem to be having crashes.

I am playing with Gamepad, btw.

Can you try playing for a bit while disabling your internet connection to see if that sorts it out?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered this yesterday, haven't received a shipping confirmation yet, was hoping I'd get the email before the weekend.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Observation related to the hardlocks:

Since the last system update, Your Shape 2013, a Ubisoft game that "phones home" via Uplay after every activity, has started having regular, predictable hardlocks after an activity, while saving, during the time it would be sending stats to Uplay. A few other people on Miiverse remarked it is freezing for them when starting up and such while updating its stats.

So I'd be suspicious that games which are trying to connect to web-based services (like Miiverse, Uplay) while doing other things are still bugged hard on the system.

And yes it has gotten worse after the last "stability" update, based on what I'm reading from around the net.

Observation related to the hardlocks:

Since the last system update, Your Shape 2013, a Ubisoft game that "phones home" via Uplay after every activity, has started having regular, predictable hardlocks after an activity, while saving, during the time it would be sending stats to Uplay. A few other people on Miiverse remarked it is freezing for them when starting up and such while updating its stats.

So I'd be suspicious that games which are trying to connect to web-based services (like Miiverse, Uplay) while doing other things are still bugged hard on the system.

And yes it has gotten worse after the last "stability" update, based on what I'm reading from around the net.

How does it affect the lock-ups if you have no internet connection?

Scum

I thought I'd get my copy sent to me today, along with Monster Hunter...but nothing. Here's hoping it shows up tomorrow.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not even an hour after I post and I get an email confirmation.

Anyone in Canada get theirs and have to deal with any extra charges from customs?

andthebeatgoeson

Just downloaded it today. Really liking it. Thank you other AAA 3rd parties. I'm having a blast because ur fucking up. I'm looking directly at you, bioshock people. BTW, the extra speaker thru the gamepad is a nice little effect. I hope more people take advantage of it.

Did you press the home button? Oddly enough all three of my hardlocks happened as soon as I hit the button.

no was in the middle of a hard drift turn
ugh my hand hurt I grip to strong on the pad this game rocks

what is up with the music not enough tracks it is boring to hear repeats

gone to watch Fast Five to give my hand a break

Top Bottom