• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT| Pic Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulse8

webba.jpg

Alx

SCHMETTER! Do you actually know what "schmettern" means?
The word "Schmetterling" sounds really rude and hard.
So that meme makes really sense ;D!

Actually I didn't. But now that I do (schmettern = to smash) I understand that as a pun it could sound hard, although the real meaning is much more poetic :

From Schmetten (“cream”) due to old belief that witches transformed themselves into butterflies to steal cream and other milk products.

Anyway I still think the word itself is rather smooth and cute, provided you pronounce it correctly.

Gintoki

Gotta love that 'Add (username) to Your Ignore List' link, it makes GAF more enjoyable in general.. and when I saw the below screen within this thread.. it sure made me laugh.

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/Epikos2009/ignorelist.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Congratulations, you've skipped 148 posts from this thread. And now 149 posts.

Nose Master

Gotta love that 'Add (username) to Your Ignore List' link, it makes GAF more enjoyable in general.. and when I saw the below screen within this thread.. it sure made me laugh.

Bragging about your ignore list should be ban worthy. No one gives a fuck.

MolMk.gif

Lirlond

ignorelist.gif

So... you've ignored the only people who actually post images here? Good job!

fanboi

Banned
I dont understand ignore lists... what can it possible be that makes you want to ignore them? The only things I can come up with is things that will get people banned.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

ignorelist.gif

Why would you go to a forum to only talk to yourself?

Radec

I dont understand ignore lists... what can it possible be that makes you want to ignore them? The only things I can come up with is things that will get people banned.

Well, sometimes you just had enough of that person's bullshit that it's much pleasurable to browse GAF without seeing their posts.

I got 10+ here now, All of them are from the Gaming section. I did try to un-ignore them last January, but it seems they haven't change a bit. so..

Never felt any need for the ignore list due to the rather strict moderation in this forum.

If a person annoys just you and not any mods or the community, then maybe not this person is a problem but it's you.

and looking at the list..
So... you've ignored the only people who actually post images here? Good job!
yep, that's more like punishing yourself.

edit: pic to make post relevant:

dMNmw.png

Uchip

Banned

ignorelist.gif

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

first and last time ill ever use a meme like this

stilgar

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/moonlite-sonata/gabber2.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://artwork.datpiff.com/meb9ddf0/BIG_GLENN_GODS_SOULJA_God_Mixtape-front-large.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://artwork.datpiff.com/m3966aed/Tax_G_Cadillac_Talk-front-large.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.deviantart.com/download/207244683/america_fuck_yeah_by_xmasteregx-d3fdz0r.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

You posted a MLP caption WHERE IS MY IGNORE LIST

You've no idea how bad I want to know where this is from.
Tommy Lee Jones does a lot of commercials in Japan for a drink called Coffee Boss. He plays an alien investigating Earth people. And I mean a lot-- there's at least twenty. I've never seen this one before. I assume it's also for Coffee Boss, though.

stilgar

No wait, i was making fun of them. Please not the ignore list, you'll miss out on the 2 or so funny posts i make a month.

But if I had you, and a couple of other gaffers posting in this thread on ignore list, I would thus be able to post teh funniest screencap ever, you know with all the page empty because I'm so badass

Melchiah

Funny to see both me and Cheezmo on the same ignore list. Bro fist. Somewhat childish to advertise who you've ignored though.

uoO31.jpg

XIioz.jpg

rJurL.jpg

CawFQ.jpg

Binabik15

SCHMETTER! Do you actually know what "schmettern" means?
The word "Schmetterling" sounds really rude and hard.
So that meme makes really sense ;D!

Only if you include butterfly in the bad category. In no way that's better than Schmetterling. Butterfly starts with a stressed plosive, Schmetterling with a nice fricative. Both have a double t word medially, which is exactly the same sound! How is Schmetterling worse, unless you're on of those t-flapping freaks?

The "Schmetter" part doesn't even come from "schmettern".

Only posting because I hate this example. I hated it when my English teacher made it, I hate it now. And I have to learn phonetics right now and I hate it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom