• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Secret Rings pics (wow)

Rlan said:
I'm still wondering why the hell this game is constantly being shown in 640x480 - Wii does Widescreen douches!

In fact ALL SSR [SATSR?] look scrunched up.
Yeah, its weird because this very game is known to run in the widescreen format.

It looks like a dreamcast game even in those shots.

wat
[face_plain]
Wait... seriously? Wow. It looks a lot better than Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, especially in motion.

I keep hearing "Bad screenshots". This actually is the way the game's always looked guys, did you just never look at a screenshot for this game before now?

hey man, not fair,, everyone makes stupid topics about WOW this and that and their threads live.

I made one about Oblivion showing the awesome WOWness of it and it got locked up pretty quick.

I must say, there must be some double stardards here to lock up mine and leaves these ones be.

must be some mod is an Oblivion fan and took my WOW too personnaly.

Double Standarded

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
gutter_trash said:
hey man, not fair,, everyone makes stupid topics about WOW this and that and their threads live.

I made one about Oblivion showing the awesome WOWness of it and it got locked up pretty quick.

I must say, there must be some double stardards here to lock up mine and leaves these ones be.

must be some mod is an Oblivion fan and took my WOW too personnaly.

Double Standarded

Your thread was redundant AND sucked. I'm surprised it lived to 16 posts.

Oblvion is one the most over-rated games of 2006, especially graphicly.
my topic was a statement of the graphical flaws of Oblivion.

when it comes to Sonic, GAF is okay at punching away. But take a jab at Oblibion, OMG thread gets locked up quicker then a rabbit gets ****

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
gutter_trash said:

when it comes to Sonic, GAF is okay at punching away. But take a jab at Oblibion, OMG thread gets locked up quicker then a rabbit gets ****

Loads of screenshots, sarcasm, and a distinct lack of text (intelligent, or in your case, otherwise) do not a good thread make. Your thread sucked, and got locked at least partially because of it.

Edit - Besides. Wailing on Sega is like beating a man when he's down, and GAF is always up for that particular challenge! :D

Edit 2 - And we don't have a 10,000+ Sonic thread rife with discussion, good and bad!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
gutter_trash said:

Well, most bashing threads in general* usually get locked.

*Unless its about PDZ, Untold Legends and Snood games

Angelcurio

Even SA2 looks better than that.

misc_boss_finalhazard.jpg

polg

aren't these images the same ones that are being reposted over and over an over every month? (just a question, not trolling intended)

Monk

Banned
These dont actually look as bad as you guys are saying it is. It looks more current gen than next gen, but if graphics are the big thing that you look for in a game, you wont be getting a Wii anyway.

GhaleonEB

I was really annoyed by the wow thing the first five times or so, but now I click just to see what kind of wow it is. :lol

This one is more like "yikes...."

arter_2

im sorry but these pics seem really funky and not because of the wii hardware i dont think. the entire aspect reatio of the picture seem messed up the entire thing looks like it has been squashed,

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
UncleGuito said:
There's no reason why the Wii should have worse graphics than the Dreamcast, or even the Gamecube. This screens are awful.

Yeah, cause it doesn't have anything to do with the developers. At all.

Polari

_leech_ said:
I see what you did here... shrinking down that 720p screenshot and removing all the detail in the process to try and make a point. Not very clever.

Oh would you like for him to add in the price of an HDTV too?

Rocked

Amir0x said:
seems like either way that will pretty much be true. but at least you can do it 200 dollars cheaper

Not really. Sonic Wii's had positive impressions all across the board from people who've actually played it.

The new name sucks though. :(

Amir0x

Banned
Rocked said:
Not really. Sonic Wii's had positive impressions all across the board from people who've actually played it.

The new name sucks though. :(

Nah, it's basically just 'oh it goes fast and it's only Sonic, that means it's good again.' But, in terms of gameplay, it doesn't really actually seem all that exciting. I'd rather a mix between the old and new. The artstyle/character focus of Sonic and the Secret Rings, and the Sonic speed levels (with added tweaked camera) and actual good graphics from Sonic the Hedgehog. I'd drop rails/tilting in favour of this, definitely.

Amir0x

Banned
well, i see no reason why it can't work in 3D, but if they return to 2D with hi-res sprites and shit I won't be complaining. I loved Sonic Rush also

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Nah, it's basically just 'oh it goes fast and it's only Sonic, that means it's good again.' But, in terms of gameplay, it doesn't really actually seem all that exciting.

I really can't believe you just discounted the whole "to people who actually played it" part.

ethelred

AniHawk said:
I really can't believe you just discounted the whole "to people who actually played it" part.

Ami doesn't need to actually play things to make definitive statements about them.

FFXII is THE BEST FINAL FANTASY EVER KILL THE SERIES RIGHT NOW CAUSE IT'S HIT THE TOP while Sonic Wii is really just boring despite most people who played it saying it's a lot of fun.

Top Bottom