• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Close to 10 years later, this is how the subway cars look at the bottom of the ocean:

z7xFfFE.jpg

kAe7DDd.jpg

0P48zmK.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would probably weigh 100lbs more if I lived near there, just from Sticky's Finger Joint and Trader Joe's on 3rd ave.

I love Sticky's so much. I used to work in an office building around the corner from one, swear to god I gained like 20 pounds before I started going to the gym again.

bsej87

I would probably weigh 100lbs more if I lived near there, just from Sticky's Finger Joint and Trader Joe's on 3rd ave.

Heh, an expensive theatre habit means I rarely ever go out to eat. I'll have to check out Sticky's though. Any recommendations?

Went to the Met today. They have a nice exhibit about the Qin and Han dynasty until July 16th. I recommend it if you want to see a few of the Terracotta soldiers in person.

Jhoan

Went to the Met today. They have a nice exhibit about the Qin and Han dynasty until July 16th. I recommend it if you want to see a few of the Terracotta soldiers in person.
I haven't been to The Met in almost exactly a year so I need an excuse to go back. That sounds like the excuse that I need because I haven't been to a museum in the city at all this year. Going to museums on dates isn't fun for me IMHO because it's "on rails." I like enjoying them alone or if it's in a group, we split up, then regroup and talk about what we saw later.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link to article.

Link to survey.

Recent subway delays are hurting New Yorkers' wages, forcing people to miss medical and childcare appointments, and even leading some riders to lose their jobs, according to a survey released Sunday by City Comptroller Scott Stringer.

The survey, based on in-person interviews conducted with 1,200 subway riders, found that 74 percent of respondents had been late to work, and 65 percent had been late to pick up a child, due to delays in the past three months. Half of riders said they'd been forced to pay for a taxi to get to work as a result of the delays.

When asked to grade recent subway service, nearly three-quarters of those surveyed gave the system a "C" or below, and one in seven respondents graded service as an "F."

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was actually late to an interview because of the train delay. Normally I'd say that you shouldn't cut it so close that a train delay would cause you to be late to an interview, but I gave myself a 30 minute buffer and it was only a 10 minute ride. We were just sitting in the tube forever. I was so angry.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

The MTA's latest run of FASTRACK repairs will bring closures to A, B, C and D trains over the next two weeks. On weeknights from July 10 to 14 and July 17 to 21, A trains will not run between 59th and 207th Streets, D train service will shut down between 59th Street and Yankee Stadium, and B and C train service will end early. On those dates, service on the affected stretches will terminate from 10pm until 5am.

The MTA is providing free shuttle bus service between the closed stretches in Manhattan and the Bronx, and commuters also have the option of taking the 1, 2, 4 and shuttle trains.

Fuchsdh

Just remember, we get over 2 degrees global warming, this stuff is going to be a cool day in comparison. Something to warm your thoughts :)

bsej87

Moving here from Louisiana, I've had to adjust to people having no ability to cope with heat or rain. AC was broke in our solid black shuttle the other day and it got full on Lord of the Flies in about 15 mins while I sat in the back thinking that it being so hot you wanna die is just called existence down south. That was the maddest I've seen the dude from Sweden get.

I mean it’s gross but this ain’t shit. It’s not even breaking 90°. Can’t wait to see what happens if there’s a legit heat wave.

I hope not. Still don't have an AC and it's already freakin hot in my Apt. Also, seems like my office buildings AC is working properly. The lower floor has none, and mine is just feeling warm.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Reminds me of a dude I saw this morning while I was getting on a train. He had a leg up on one side, basically filling up three seats, and sleeping. I don't even know how that's comfortable enough to do.

Jhoan

I was in NY around this time last year. Man was it humid.

If you think we have it bad with humidity, Japan is even worse because there's a rain season that lasts several months! I don't mind it but yeah it is very oppressive when it hits the city. Too many buildings and skyscrapers methinks.

Jhoan

If anyone needs a random date idea, or just likes watching movies outdoors, this was fun:

http://rooftopcinemaclub.com/new-york/

This is basically Rooftop Films which is the organization I volunteer for. Same exact concept, different name/organizers. Here's the website for that: www.rooftopfilms.com

I saw this gross out horror comedy flick Kuso on Tuesday. I think it tried a bit too hard with the gross out stuff because it was experimental as sin. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I was drunk but I appreciated the diverse cast in the film.

I dunno if anyone heard but Webster Hall got bought out by the Barclays Center. Their last concert is next month before the building gets torn down and a new venue takes its place in a couple of years.

As for me, I gotta go to Prospect Park. I wasn't expecting to wake up 90 degree weather so shorts it is. Bruce is one of those odd peeps who's impervious to muggy weather. It must be an out of town thing.

My phone says it will be 19 degrees cooler tomorrow.

Thank the fucking lord

Also, Webster Hall is a shit hole, good riddance. And I'm saying that as someone who had some great memories there over the years. But it was awful

Top Bottom