• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Hasney

Who plays Nikki here?

Maryse

FWTIC4Q.gif

klonere

Banned
Speaking of Shingo there's been like a billion Dragon Gate shows that haven't made tape come the fuck on Gaora sort this out.

I've already been spoiled on a big stripping and change.
Eita was stripped, no idea why so don't tell me!!!! And then after his 28th attempt or whatever Jimmy Kagetora is finally your Brave Gate champ!

RBH

Yeah I'm a mark for talented good guys like Ranallo and WWE is a proven mark for PR and social media so I figured I'd do what little I could, it only took 10 seconds of my life anyway

Also, I despise JBL, so if I pissed him off irl even a little bit it was worth it
Oh I'm on your side for this, I just wanted to get a little rise out of you. :)

Never saw this yesterday

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned that new contract offers have officially been extended to Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy by WWE — and all signs point to an inevitable return.

We first reported that the two sides were in talks last month and The Sheet can now confirm that an actual deal is on the table for The Hardy Boyz to make a comeback in WWE.

As we previously reported, Broken Matt is currently battling with Impact Wrestling over the use of his name/gimmick. The wrestling company believes they should be paid when it’s used, but Hardy doesn’t agree. The brothers are also the current ROH tag champs after signing a short-term deal.

Still no word on whether WWE creative is looking to use their “broken” characters, but the legal side of things probably doesn’t bode well for a chance of that happening immediately.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/jeff-hardy-matt-offered-contracts/#.WNJ-TNUpA0M

Silent_Z

If this happens, the WWE will explode.

It's probably more "when" than "if". They already passed WWE medical back at the start of the month.

Not 100% on this but if the Bucks win the titles back at Supercard of Honor on 4/1 we could be seeing them as soon as the following Raw; I don't think they have any advertised dates after that.

orioto

Good Art™

About their whole crazy gimmick, i've always thought... You can't really have them be like that directly on wwe tv right.. I mean in TNA they had a pretty long evolution and storyline, which led to that.

But i mean it doesn't make sense to suddenly have Broken Matt talking to a drone in the middle of RAW, out of nowhere.

Anyway my weekly concern about Owens. I'm starting to think they are burying that feud, and the match won't be allowed to be memorable. Why ?

_Just look at RAW. The angle is really buried. It's nowhere near one of the main attraction in the show.

_But most importantly, look at the card. You know hey want to keep things not too overly tensed and dramatic for Mania. It's a family party you know. And you know they don't want some match to steal the show from some others.

Now let's look at it. I see many matches that will HAVE to be pretty manly and epic, probably slightly hardcore. The Shane/Aj will be cause that's the only match Shane can work. The Taker/Reigns will be for obvious reasons. The Trip/Rollins match will be pretty rough, without any doubt. And, well, you know, Lesnar/Goldberg won't be an indie technical fest if it's even a match.

So, let's imagine you're booking that. You have Jericho being one of the most over, beloved star on the show, with funny catch phrases and all. The card has 3 or 4 "violent" matches already. I mean, let's think about that in concrete terms: How many time can you break the announcer table in a Wrestlemania ? And what match would you give that spot in the card ? You really think they gonna book that match as a rough hardcore vengeance brawl ? Nope. This very well could be one of the "light" matches with a feelgood ending.. It will be a 15 minute match at most, traditional wrestling with funny ending with the list.

Would explain why the whole promo isn't exactly screaming bloody epic story neither.

Played Mass Effect yesterday. Yup, it looks and feels like Mass Effect.

I actually am enjoying the game very much. Doesn't feel or look as janky as the gifs/videos make it seem.

I still don't think Broken Hardy's will go over very well in the WWE. I think a lot of the appeal of the gimmick was how over the top it was and the fact it was on TNA. The moment it comes to WWE and is in front of you every week, repeatedly, it will probably grow old. The only way I think it could be pulled off is if it's an ongoing thing with the New Day, but even then how long can that last? 6 months?

About their whole crazy gimmick, i've always thought... You can't really have them be like that directly on wwe tv right.. I mean in TNA they had a pretty long evolution and storyline, which led to that.

But i mean it doesn't make sense to suddenly have Broken Matt talking to a drone in the middle of RAW, out of nowhere.

Anyway my weekly concern about Owens. I'm starting to think they are burying that feud, and the match won't be allowed to be memorable. Why ?

_Just look at RAW. The angle is really buried. It's nowhere near one of the main attraction in the show.

_But most importantly, look at the card. You know hey want to keep things not too overly tensed and dramatic for Mania. It's a family party you know. And you know they don't want some match to steal the show from some others.

Now let's look at it. I see many matches that will HAVE to be pretty manly and epic, probably slightly hardcore. The Shane/Aj will be cause that's the only match Shane can work. The Taker/Reigns will be for obvious reasons. The Trip/Rollins match will be pretty rough, without any doubt. And, well, you know, Lesnar/Goldberg won't be an indie technical fest if it's even a match.

So, let's imagine you're booking that. You have Jericho being one of the most over, beloved star on the show, with funny catch phrases and all. The card has 3 or 4 "violent" matches already. I mean, let's think about that in concrete terms: How many time can you break the announcer table in a Wrestlemania ? And what match would you give that spot in the card ? You really think they gonna book that match as a rough hardcore vengeance brawl ? Nope. This very well could be one of the "light" matches with a feelgood ending.. It will be a 15 minute match at most, traditional wrestling with funny ending with the list.

Would explain why the whole promo isn't exactly screaming bloody epic story neither.

How are they burying the feud jesus.... They just did a killer Highlight Reel... the week before Owens got a length pre match solo promo avec spotlight....They are not burying it.

They probably won't start as that regardless anyway.

Stupid thing I'd actually love:
Hardy's reprising random WWE/WCW tag teams from history

Demolition
bWo
Rockers
Road Warriors
New Age Outlaws
Natural Disasters
Nasty Boys
and so forth

Just run through em all and each week/month they're a new one.

How old are The Hardy Boyz? I don't see them fitting in with the current main roster, but maybe on NXT.

Edit:
Oh snap. Daily mix on Spotify randomly played Greenlight.
tumblr_nhxnov6AZb1rhxfsio2_250.gif

orioto

Good Art™
How are they burying the feud jesus.... They just did a killer Highlight Reel... the week before Owens got a length pre match solo promo avec spotlight....They are not burying it.

They got 3 hours to fill on RAW. Of course they give them some time. Not that much actually.

I mean this week Zayn and Foley had probably more time lol.

The story WAS important so they're still pretending it's there but it will be buried in the number of match at Mania. Just look at all the matches that are obviously more important for the WWE. And read my post about the number of those matches that need a tense, violent tone. The Owens/Jericho one would just be too much of that, and when those other match can't really exist without the hardcore aspect, Jericho and Owens can have something decent and fun to watch while keeping it simple.. But it won't be memorable at all then...

How many times has Jericho defended that US Title? I remember when people pretended to care about that belt a couple of months ago.

Zach

They announced to the audience that the Bad Blood PPV is coming back. Raw-exclusive, July 9th at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut.

This just makes me want to watch that excellent X-Files episode of the same name. You guys know the one. Well, maybe one of you do. If NeoGAF Vince McMahon were still alive, he'd know for sure. God rest his soul.

Silent_Z

They got 3 hours to fill on RAW. Of course they give them some time. Not that much actually.

I mean this week Zayn and Foley had probably more time lol.

The story WAS important so they're still pretending it's there but it will be buried in the number of match at Mania. Just look at all the matches that are obviously more important for the WWE. And read my post about the number of those matches that need a tense, violent tone. The Owens/Jericho one would just be too much of that, and when those other match can't really exist without the hardcore aspect, Jericho and Owens can have something decent and fun to watch while keeping it simple.. But it won't be memorable at all.

Worrying that the top full time male heel on Raw is underpushed when he's been champ for the last 6 months and will be the top full time champ in 2 weeks is dumb. Owens has held a title for the majority of his WWE run and is always heavily featured and promoted.

This isn't as bad as Sasha fans' hand-wringing following each PPV loss but it's close. Please be less alarmist.

This just makes me want to watch that excellent X-Files episode of the same name. You guys know the one. Well, maybe one of you do. If NeoGAF Vince McMahon were still alive, he'd know for sure. God rest his soul.

He's lurking right now, banging at his keyboard screaming : "LET ME BACK IN!"

Go back to bed, Sunny.

Raw deserved this bullshit for their bullshit

8 p.m. 3.16 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.12 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.87 million viewers

What did you think of Zelda?

Damn you generally plow through games fast or play several all at once.

I play a few at once as long as they are not similar. Right now I am bouncing between Zelda and Mass Effect. Will finish up ME before playing P5. Stopped playing Horizon because Zelda just feels so much better.

As for Zelda, it is incredible. I really do think it is the best Zelda and open world game ever.

Top Bottom