• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zampella: TitanFall to support digital Pre-loading

I seriously can't wait for this game. I got the official Xbox One headset pre-ordered for this game alone! I will be playing this game so much.

Prezhulio

I saved most of my points for XBOX One. Some of the points I sold to fellow gaffers who couldn't get in on the deal.

Just as an FYI for anyone who bought those and may be out of the loop here's some important dates:

You have 1 year from the day you redeem the code to use the converted value of the MSP on your account, then the redeemed credit disappears.

The LAST day you will be able to redeem these codes is November 24, 2014. After this date your unredeemed MSP codes will not work.

So, to drag this credit out as long as possible, redeem codes only as needed until Nov 24 this year (let's say do it on Nov 23 in case their wording is tricky), at which point redeem all unused codes and use THAT converted credit by 1 year later, Nov 24, 2015.

Still don't know how it's legal to get away with this sort of shit.

E92 M3

Thanks all for the responses. That is super cool that they did that. I have very little XB1 hands on time and that was my #1 complaint coming from the DS4 most recently with it's epic analog sticks. So is it really that better? And is this just in Titanfall or was this a system patch affecting other games as well?

I am actually shocked that I like the One controller more than the 360 controller...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a game such as this, that i plan to return to frequently for a considerable amount of time is a perfect candidate to buy digital for the ease of play. this news just makes it that much better. yay!

Alx

l suppose there's no reason to doubt it if it is written on the Xbox store. Not that they would be taking any risk with a game that is online only, all they have to do is sell the game as if the date was reached, but keep the servers down.

I bought the game on GMG, I hope I get an Origin Key early enough to pre-load.

Not that I think there's a chance in hell the servers are going to work on launch day.

JayEH

I know the link posted earlier takes you to the pre-load info page but I can't seem to find it when searching for it on xbox.com.

Was anyone else able to find it on their own?

I bought the game on GMG, I hope I get an Origin Key early enough to pre-load.

Not that I think there's a chance in hell the servers are going to work on launch day.

They usually give out the key a day or two ahead of the pre-load or right when it starts. Something like that.

see5harp

Just as an FYI for anyone who bought those and may be out of the loop here's some important dates:

You have 1 year from the day you redeem the code to use the converted value of the MSP on your account, then the redeemed credit disappears.

The LAST day you will be able to redeem these codes is November 24, 2014. After this date your unredeemed MSP codes will not work.

So, to drag this credit out as long as possible, redeem codes only as needed until Nov 24 this year (let's say do it on Nov 23 in case their wording is tricky), at which point redeem all unused codes and use THAT converted credit by 1 year later, Nov 24, 2015.

Still don't know how it's legal to get away with this sort of shit.

I don't mind. I didn't have hundreds of dollars in points. Titanfall will all but clean me out. I am, however still using Bing Rewards, which is pretty awesome. Whatever they do with those sorta points is find by me.

i'm still holding out hope that MS does some kind of preorder incentive for digital buyers, which is why you can't pay yet.

i want to buy this digitally but i don't want to leave any kind of cash on the table (though including tax, the $10 promo from the MS Store really only comes out to about a $6 promo... and i think a functional 10% discount doesn't outweigh the convenience of digital.

How can you post that in error? Surely its not rocket science, they could just not turn the servers on until the day its out or something?

Microsoft don't really do anything to help themselves.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
How can you post that in error? Surely its not rocket science, they could just not turn the servers on until the day its out or something?

Oh like you've never generated a bunch of original information about a high profile game release and accidentally uploaded it to Xbox.com even though its wholly factually inaccurate.

Oh like you've never generated a bunch of original information about a high profile game release and accidentally uploaded it to Xbox.com even though its wholly factually inaccurate.
Yep, that's the odd part. Hopefully the XB1 and PS4 get this feature soon.

Seems they aren't doing it to keep retail happy based on the wording in their statement.

sangreal

The page itself may be up in error, but the text is too specific and not found on any other game page. It is also on the xbone store:
dY3VeCB.jpg

Freki

All I know is they still have not charged me for TitanFall on Origin yet, and still won't let me pre-load. It shows up, but I can't do anything with it.

I don't know about the charging part but I can't preload yet either. I suspect preloading starts a couple of days before release...

mrg6290

Bah! So looks like MS planned to have this available by now, but likely didn't get it worked out for the March Update, and so will not be delivering w/ preloading.

Hopefully this means we will see it soon...

Or MS just wrote that preload information ages ago and its still a ways off.

DarkFlow

Banned
I don't know about the charging part but I can't preload yet either. I suspect preloading starts a couple of days before release...

Yeah, the FAQ says they won't take your money till you can Pre-load. Kinda annoying, but what can ya do.

see5harp

I don't get why this is hard at all. Issuing digital licenses with effective dates seems like the easiest thing in the world. Why would retailers give a rats ass about digital purchases when they are the same price as physical discs?

mrg6290

I don't get why this is hard at all. Issuing digital licenses with effective dates seems like the easiest thing in the world. Why would retailers give a rats ass about digital purchases when they are the same price as physical discs?

Digital preload allows me to play @ 12:01am without ever leaving my house. Retailers can't match that. I suppose that is one reason why they would care.

I am sad that the retailers are holding us back from quality digital ecosystems like those on PC. :(

theytookourjobz

Microsoft wants people to go all digital and can't get preloads working for their new system's biggest game? Bad business for sure. A drive to Walmart or Gamestop at midnight is definitely quicker than a 15GB download that might not even start at midnight.

see5harp

Digital preload allows me to play @ 12:01am without ever leaving my house. Retailers can't match that. I suppose that is one reason why they would care.

I am sad that the retailers are holding us back from quality digital ecosystems like those on PC. :(

I do think retailers are to blame for the pricing stuff but preloading is completely idiotic to me. At this point I wouldn't put it past incompetent ass MS. They can't even get simple shit like pricing for their own promos right.

Bgamer90

Banned
Microsoft wants people to go all digital and can't get preloads working for their new system's biggest game? Bad business for sure. A drive to Walmart or Gamestop at midnight is definitely quicker than a 15GB download that might not even start at midnight.

Has it been stated if people will have to fully download/install Titanfall before they can play it?

Wondering since it's an online game.

Luckily for them, the market of people who buy games at midnight is a miniscule percentage of the total market.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
So it seems this is not coming soon then either because of retailers. I don't mind about preloading with my internet connection but I want pre-order bonuses.

Is there ever going to be a fair balance struck between retail and digital?

theytookourjobz

Luckily for them, the market of people who buy games at midnight is a miniscule percentage of the total market.

I'd be willing to bet they'd sell a hell of a lot of digital copies if they advertised "Don't wait in line, stay in and be playing at midnight!!" on the dash for the next couple weeks.

Top Bottom