• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

Sölf;232355169 said:

Yes.

You don't even need blade weapons with Olwen.

If your Olwen is +SPD, giving her Darting Blow + Hone Cavalry buff results in an additional 12 speed. With 44 speed during the player phase, there are very few things that aren't either dying. Same result as the blade tome but I guess you don't need to sacrifice a unit for it.

I guess so, I just haven't tested things to refine it.

ggx2ac

I'm trying some refinements now after getting some advice.

Offensive Team

Eldigan
Cecilia
Olwen
<Insert bonus hero here>

Eldigan

Mystletainn
Swap
Bonfire
Fury
Renewal or Brash Assault
Hone Cavalry

Cecilia

Gronnblade
-
Draconic Aura
Life and Death
Vantage or Pass
Goad Cavalry

Olwen

Dire Thunder
Reposition
Moonbow or Luna
Life and Death or Darting Blow
Desperation
Fortify Cavalry

Note: I have those units but I don't have multiples of those units nor do I have the units needed to inherit skills. That's why this would only happen after my main team gets done or else something better comes along.

Cerium

Man I really wish I had a Klein for Death Blow 3 on my Nino.

I can do Darting Attack but she's already +Speed and getting Hone Speed 3 from Eirika. Is there anything she won't double?

I'll probably end up sticking with Fury at this rate.

This skill inheritance lark...woosh! I don't even know where to start. lol

Pull a bunch of gray orbs for healers.
Pick the best one.
Sacrifice all the others to create a super healer.
Grind up the SP to learn every single skill.
Weep because they're still a healer.

If nothing else, the one healer becomes super flexible and can swap to whatever you think you'll need.

Wichu

Just pulled my third 5* Nowi (+Res/-Spd). I JUST WANT NINIAN SO I CAN RUN DRAGON EMBLEM GODDAMMIT

Also got a 4* Effie (+HP/-Res). Sweet.

Scum

Pick the best one.

If nothing else, the one healer becomes super flexible and can swap to whatever you think you'll need.
I do have a 4* Wrys, Lissa, Clarine and Maria and a bunch of 3* healers. Hmmmm...&#129300;

ggx2ac

Pick the best one.

That's what I'm doing with Lachesis at the moment since she's my only 5* healer. Was only given Rehabilitate for now.

Theosmeo

Replying to someone from the previous thread:

Couple of things:
1. Base Stat Total is the sum of stats before factoring weapons and skills. Because inheritance wasn't a thing until recently and because the arena considers weapons and skills part of a unit's stats (and still does right now), everyone considered a unit's best weapon as part of their Base Stat Total. I suppose we fucked up here. >.>

1b. Even under the old definition, if you drop his Silver Dagger+ and Defense +3 in favor of Poison Dagger+ and Close Counter, Jakob would have a stat total of 153. :p

2. Poison Dagger may not be a weapon exclusive to Kagero, but the Atk required to make it work sure is! In that sense, I'd argue Kagero's the broken one here. Swap her weapon for a Silver Dagger and she's one point shy of hitting as hard as Takumi but with a Def debuff thrown in. Now, why she'd use a Silver Dagger instead of her Poison Dagger which hits infantry much harder, I have no clue, but I'm throwing that out there.

3. Threaten Def makes little sense. Any archer within range would've shot you already, meaning the Def debuff from Poison Dagger should've applied in retaliation. Said debuff is more severe and will override Threaten Def, not stack. This leaves melee infantry that ended their turn 2 tiles away and non-infantry that Poison Dagger won't work on. I find this use a bit niche, honestly.

4. Vantage is a great skill if you can score a one-shot as you'll avoid taking damage when you're already in a damaged state. There's just so few Jakob can one-shot though. :( Same goes for Kagero actually, but the list gets and bigger for her as you stack Hone Atk, Spur Atk, and a +Atk nature.

5. IIRC, yes, you can inherit Close Counter. :eek:

----

tl;dr: Rather than sacrifice Kagero, why not use Kagero?

As for Eldigan, swap Noontime for Sol. In a situation involving Quick Riposte and Eldigan's Misteltainn, both specials would go off at the exact same time. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

For reference:
Opponent -> Eldigan (Noontime charges here) -> Opponent (Sol charges here) -> Eldigan (Noontime and Sol are used here)

Ah good point about thiefs, I need to do more research lol. Jacob also sucks

I do have a 4* Wrys, Lissa, Clarine and Maria and a bunch of 3* healers. Hmmmm...&#129300;

Ooh. Use Clarine. I think she has the best defensive stats of the mounted healers. Even at 4*, she'll tank an arrow better than Elise. Bonus for mounted healers is that they get to use Hone Cavalry and similar skills.

That's what I'm doing with Lachesis at the moment since she's my only 5* healer. Was only given Rehabilitate for now.

Lachesis seems durable. Hm...

I've been messing around with Martyr and Heavenly Light on Elise who's my main healer. I think Lachesis could make better use of it, though whether you'll want her to take hits in the first place is debateable. lol

Just pulled my third 5* Nowi (+Res/-Spd). I JUST WANT NINIAN SO I CAN RUN DRAGON EMBLEM GODDAMMIT

Also got a 4* Effie (+HP/-Res). Sweet.

Pull a 4th and you can run the Nowi Emblem comp! Mind, it's not the best comp in the world...

Mupod

y2sFP18.jpg

I made a team to goof around with a -blade tome and cavalry buffs, then ended up clearing the deathless 10th stratum x15 orb quest with them. Ursula did most of the heavy lifting but the others leveled from 36 to 40 in the process.

Gunter can't kill anything for shit because he obviously doesn't get his own +6/+6 attack buff, so he's been harder to level. Also I swapped in Stahl for Eliwood when I did some arena for fun, and he is far more useful since he can definitely kill greens when buffed. The fun thing is arena still puts me up against level 40 5* units including Takumi and Lucina.

If I were to try and make this an actual team, Draw Back on one of the support units for Ursula would be a must.

Next up is flying units I suppose...I don't see how this is gonna be doable outside of resetting the tower until I see a 3-unit squad with a healer.

Cryxok

I love the game but I'm having a lot of issues playing it. It crashes on my phone, a lot. What's odd it's that how often it crashes varies, right now I can't even start it, but sometimes I can play for a good while without issues. My phone doesn't meet the requirements, it's an old LG-D400hn, but other than the random crashes the game runs fine.

I'm guessing it must be connectivity-related because it seems to be worse right after updates and during weekends. However, a lot of people seem to be playing just fine. Also, I've tried to play it on various networks and while at first it seems to run better, in the end it still crashes.

I used to play Summoners War in an Iphone 4S I had prior to this LG and it also crashed from time to time (not as often as Heroes), so maybe my modem has something to do as well.

Anyone have any idea how to improve my situation? maybe some modem set-up or rooting my phone could help?

Scum

Ooh. Use Clarine. I think she has the best defensive stats of the mounted healers. Even at 4*, she'll tank an arrow better than Elise. Bonus for mounted healers is that they get to use Hone Cavalry and similar skills.

I was thinking of Clarine too. :lol
I noticed that she's +ATK -SPD, but I suppose that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things for her role. I've got her to lvl 40 too, so I guess it's time to dump all the healer skills on her.

That lvling tho.
mou.png

Mupod

as someone with a 40 Clarine, I got her there by having her babysit my various characters while leveling. She still gets a decent amount of exp for healing low levels. Took forever, but it wasn't hard or anything.

Mupod

When did SP gain change from +3 to +1 for every kill at lvl. 40? These skills will take forever...

I was still getting +3 in the tower for any kill 35+. I was getting +1 in arena though, was it always like that...?

Anyways:

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/843425464928559105

so apparently tomorrow morning at 4:15AM - 5AM (PT), the Michalis battle will be available and if you clear him there you get an extra copy.

I'm in EST and I leave for work at 7:15, it usually takes me 30-40 minutes to get there...so literally the only time I CAN'T do this, is when it's up. Great. I suppose I could leave for work early and play it there.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Haven't logged in in a while and was surprised to see 40 orbs and a ton of other stuff available. Started pulling and got a Karel and a Ninian focus 5-star. Pretty dope. Ninian seems great too. Karel is just another red 5-star to join the ranks of Marth and Roy.

Mupod

Question about inheritance skills : How can i inherit level 3 skills ?

the source unit needs to have the level 3 version. And the inheritor needs to take all 3 levels, since you can only inherit 3 skills at a time you need to pick all 3 levels.

here's a list of characters that get level 3 skills at 4*:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../complete_skill_chains_inheritable_at_4_star/

There's only a few skills you can only pass over by sacrificing a 5*, but there are some.

Firemind

Haven't logged in in a while and was surprised to see 40 orbs and a ton of other stuff available. Started pulling and got a Karel and a Ninian focus 5-star. Pretty dope. Ninian seems great too. Karel is just another red 5-star to join the ranks of Marth and Roy.
Karel is probably better than Marth and Roy. Marth literally has nothing going for him now and Roy is just Triangle Adept food.

I want him to inherit Fury but I have no Hinatas. :(

Zafir

as someone with a 40 Clarine, I got her there by having her babysit my various characters while leveling. She still gets a decent amount of exp for healing low levels. Took forever, but it wasn't hard or anything.

Healers are easier to get up than Dancers I'd argue. xD

It's so dumb that you have to go out of your way to be able to get XP for dancers, since Dance doesn't give XP.

redcrayon

Healers are easier to get up than Dancers I'd argue. xD

It's so dumb that you have to go out of your way to be able to get XP for dancers, since Dance doesn't give XP.
Olivia and Azura both still hit pretty hard in melee though. What I did when levelling Olivia was to remove her dance skill for a bit to force me to get her into combat rather than take the easy option :D

Scum

Olivia and Azura both still hit pretty hard in melee though. What I did when levelling Olivia was to remove her dance skill for a bit to force me to get her into combat rather than take the easy option :D

Haha. I did the exact same thing too.

low level olivia is nice for easy arena runs though

wish i had azura. every time i've run into her with a red remaining she completely mops up

olivia as a red is underwhelming

ggx2ac

Two weeks to complete the tenth stratum quests. It's so lame.

I want to farm SP but I would have to complete these first. Finished the infantry quest, I can get the flying one finished.

Just have to level up Cecilia, Draug and Sheena to fill up team slots for the other quests and I should be able to get it done.

SYNTAX182

So. Lucina Vantage is pretty good, anything else I can put on her. Moonbow on Nino first or Olwen? Anything cheap that would be useful on Olivia?

Ninferno

I was still getting +3 in the tower for any kill 35+. I was getting +1 in arena though, was it always like that...?

Anyways:

so apparently tomorrow morning at 4:15AM - 5AM (PT), the Michalis battle will be available and if you clear him there you get an extra copy.

Has it been confirmed that the ones from the sneak peek GHB are extra copies? Will be prepared to burn a few stamina potions to rush for it if this is the case, certainly not want to just find out later in the proper GHB that what's taken is taken.

Sölf

Anyways:

I'm in EST and I leave for work at 7:15, it usually takes me 30-40 minutes to get there...so literally the only time I CAN'T do this, is when it's up. Great. I suppose I could leave for work early and play it there.

Hm, that's noon in Germany. I hope I have time for this, as I have an appointment at 9 AM and have no idea how long that takes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I did a pull and effectively got refunds for half the characters I just fed to people. Odd.

I'm also like 6000 feathers down from upgrading a few 3* characters to 4* for feeding purposes. But now all of my core team is short on SP and really fucking overpowered.

I just wish I had someone for Vantage 3. That'st he one skill I really want.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Karel is probably better than Marth and Roy. Marth literally has nothing going for him now and Roy is just Triangle Adept food.

Yeah, I've been using him for a bit and holy hell does he murder everything. Insanely high attack power too.

PK Gaming

Marth still has Falchion and a good stat line.

Roy can check the busted Green Mages due to his great Res. I'd argue that he's better than he was before (but still not great).

Firemind

So. Lucina Vantage is pretty good, anything else I can put on her. Moonbow on Nino first or Olwen? Anything cheap that would be useful on Olivia?
I just give Olivia +3 HP for that added bulk.

Marth still has Falchion and a good stat line.

Roy can check the busted Green Mages due to his great Res. I'd argue that he's better than he was before (but still not great).
If only Roy's sword could attack from range.

Mupod

I've been debating what to give my Robin for a while now. I think I'll settle on losing my 4* +atk -res Selena and one of my 700 Subakis for Triangle Adept 2 and Quick Riposte 2. My Robin has so much SP I could give him anything I want but those seem the most useful for his role - baiting out an archer and ending them on the first turn.

I also have a +atk -spd Cordelia who I assumed was bad because of -spd...but looking at her stats, isn't that fine even with the brave lance? She's still pretty fast. So I want to keep her, but it's more likely that I'll find another Cordelia than another Selena because I'm still chasing the Ninian dream.

fek

All I have done with inheritance so far is give Ryoma Vantage 3, Life and Death 2 to Nino and Pivot to Effie. I want to give her Brave Lance too but mine is -atk so it hurts quite a bit with Brave weapons. Might also give Rally Attack to Ryoma to go along his Hone Spd.

I also have a +atk -spd Cordelia who I assumed was bad because of -spd...but looking at her stats, isn't that fine even with the brave lance? She's still pretty fast. So I want to keep her, but it's more likely that I'll find another Cordelia than another Selena because I'm still chasing the Ninian dream.

Cordelia is super frail in general but her neutral speed helps keep her just outside of the double range for a lot of units. Definitely not as bad as it looks though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom