• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Skyzard

Banned
I have a feeling. A slight feeling that it might be a Crash Bandicoot licensed platformer.

Biggest reason for PSASBR's disappointment imo was crash was missing. The 3-4 ps1 games are constantly top of the PSN PS1 charts or somewhere in the top1-10.

But would you play it for "hours", "hours a day"? Not sure. Partners, fainting. Not sure if it would even qualify as that big, maybe.

GT makes sense if they are playing up a bit. Not that it wouldn't be appreciated.

GTA would be perfect :p I can feel it too. It's close :p

shahid

I understand that I am about to experience a baptism of fire.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shahid Kamal Ahmad. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as a Senior Business Development Manager running a group called Strategic Content. I've not been sent here officially and besides, it's a Sunday.

I'm afraid I will not have as much time to devote to NeoGAF as I'd love to, but will do my best to engage with respect and courtesy on as much as I can. I will not be able to respond to everything, or indeed most things.

Oh, and I'm not worried about being abused in any way, if you want to vent, it's OK, I'm a good listener. I care about our customers, because I'm a customer too. Me, my team, my management are working very hard to bring great games to PS Vita, and we are also doing our best to make a tiny little dent in our tiny corner of the universe.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank many of you in this one message most sincerely for the many kind words you've said about me and about Sony Computer Entertainment. It's what keeps us going at night and on weekends. Many of us deeply, passionately care and that's not some corporate bullshit, that's me on my own time on a Sunday being real with you.

Love and respect,

Shahid

stryke

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shahid Kamal Ahmad. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as a Senior Business Development Manager running a group called Strategic Content. I've not been sent here officially and besides, it's a Sunday.

I'm afraid I will not have as much time to devote to NeoGAF as I'd love to, but will do my best to engage with respect and courtesy on as much as I can. I will not be able to respond to everything, or indeed most things.

Oh, and I'm not worried about being abused in any way, if you want to vent, it's OK, I'm a good listener. I care about our customers, because I'm a customer too. Me, my team, my management are working very hard to bring great games to PS Vita, and we are also doing our best to make a tiny little dent in our tiny corner of the universe.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank many of you in this one message most sincerely for the many kind words you've said about me and about Sony Computer Entertainment. It's what keeps us going at night and on weekends. Many of us deeply, passionately care and that's not some corporate bullshit, that's me on my own time on a Sunday being real with you.

Love and respect,

Shahid

WELCOME TO NEOGAF!!!

tusken77

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome Shahid! Loving your work. :)

Pranay

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome bro !

But for neogaf members a small hint would be welcome :D as well if possible.

Perkel

Banned

Love and respect,

Shahid

Megaton or not Megaton ? What is it ?

Love and respect,

Shahid

Excellent first post. Welcome to GAF. Now, announce this big Vita title already :)

DrFurbs

Love and respect,

Shahid

You spend a fair amount of time on twitter posting stuff -

YES! I went there ! :D

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome welcome :) I tweet at you all the time, you're awesome man. Please keep doing what you do. I have hope that Sony will drop the bombs when it comes to Vita, at E3.

THE:MILKMAN

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome! It's bark is worse than it's bite. You'll be fine.

JoshHood

Love and respect,

Shahid
Hi Shahid, welcome to GAF! I think a lot of us here are bit fans of your work - hope you'll become a regular over at VitaGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552340 :D

Sendou

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome! Indies on Vita is the one thing that have been done very right so far.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I think Shahid has got the right of this. He'll be playing what few Vita games there are when he's on permanent vacation because these games he signed aren't selling the system.

I can almost hear it now. "Hold on, hold on! At least we're not doing as badly as the television division, right guys? right?"

Guacamelee and Hotline Miami may be great titles, but no one's going to run out and buy a Vita just to play them. The indie market should be auxiliary to a mainstream core, not the end-all-be-all of your $250 device.

You need GTA, you hear? And it needs to have some sort of connectivity with GTA 5 on PS3. This year will be the year of Grand Theft Auto, not Gran Turismo.

Not sure AAA titles like GTA are the solution... they were on the psp and seriously couldn't care less for these types games on a portable device...

Love and respect,

Shahid

Hello and congratulations on making it to NeoGAF :)

I definitely enjoy your sincerity, and believe me: I'm sure many of us can tell that you genuinely care. It's apparent when people talk with corporate hats, and when they don't ;) I've always enjoyed Sony's communication with fans-- the PSBlog being a good example.

I hope you deliver with this VITA announcement! I have yet to own one but definitely intend to. Can you clarify what you mean by playing this game for "hours"?

IMO, what can help VITA a whole lot real easily is getting Minecraft on the platform as a direct 1:1 port from PC. I feel that the handheld platforms are perfect for Minecraft, and it's the one area where Minecraft fans need a home (mobile not meeting the requirements that the many enthusiasts may seek). Looking at the incredible and overlooked success of Minecraft on the Xbox, I think VITA sales could receive a nice boost from Minecraft VITA. Hopefully you guys are thinking the same and aiming to get Minecraft on what I think is the perfect handheld for such a title!

Whatever the game is, I hope we can squeeze another hint or two out of you, and hopefully you don't regret joining because I'm sure we're going to bombard you :p

shahid

Thanks for the kind welcomes.

Allow me to explain something.

We (Strategic Content, i.e. my group) work with third parties. We have agreements with those third parties. The games that those third parties make are *their* games, not ours. So we have no right to mention the titles, or the release plans. If we do, we could damage any launch preparation and thus finances and thus jobs. So I can't really give more of an insight than I've given.

OK, so am I tease? Possibly. That's not why I tweet. So some more things I need to tell you:
1) I don't get paid to tweet. In fact, my twitter account is my personal account
2) For those who have been following me for a while, you know what I'm like. I'm a passionate guy. I love the people I work with, internal and our third party partners. Awesome people. If I tweet, it's not a corporate statement. It's one guy, me, who LOVES games and wants to talk about that with people in the wider world I care about.
3) I can't bring you every game you want, much as I'd love to, but we are working on bring a lot of games to PS Vita and some on PS3 too.

That particular tweet was me excited about one particular third party title. :) There are of course many third party titles. The next few months will see many of those, quite a few of which are not announced yet.

Is this OK so far?

AmanoBuff

Love and respect,

Shahid

WELCOME!! Glad to have you around! ;)

Not sure AAA titles like GTA are the solution... they were on the psp and seriously couldn't care less for these types games on a portable device...

Speak for yourself. I dont understand this line of thinking when it comes to sony portables, yet when the DS/3DS gets console quality games, its never criticized that it should stay console only. Seriously if you want bite sized handheld games, stick to phones/tablets.

ReaperXL7

So is Shahid the first high ranking offical we have from one of the big three on Neogaf? I cant think of anyone from Nintendo, or MS.

Welcome to GAF Shahid, be careful if you decide to check out the Off Topic side, very dangerous.

We (Strategic Content, i.e. my group) work with third parties. We have agreements with those third parties. The games that those third parties make are *their* games, not ours. So we have no right to mention the titles, or the release plans. If we do, we could damage any launch preparation and thus finances and thus jobs. So I can't really give more of an insight than I've given.

OK, so am I tease? Possibly. That's not why I tweet. So some more things I need to tell you:
1) I don't get paid to tweet. In fact, my twitter account is my personal account
2) For those who have been following me for a while, you know what I'm like. I'm a passionate guy. I love the people I work with, internal and our third party partners. Awesome people. If I tweet, it's not a corporate statement. It's one guy, me, who LOVES games and wants to talk about that with people in the wider world I care about.
3) I can't bring you every game you want, much as I'd love to, but we are working on bring a lot of games to PS Vita and some on PS3 too.

That particular tweet was me excited about one particular third party title. :) There are of course many third party titles. The next few months will see many of those, quite a few of which are not announced yet.

Is this OK so far?

Sure...but give us a letter of the alphabet that's in the game. You'll drive GAF wild if you do!

Or better yet, a letter of the alphabet in the developer!

Would that be OK?

I think Shahid has got the right of this. He'll be playing what few Vita games there are when he's on permanent vacation because these games he signed aren't selling the system.

I can almost hear it now. "Hold on, hold on! At least we're not doing as badly as the television division, right guys? right?"

Guacamelee and Hotline Miami may be great titles, but no one's going to run out and buy a Vita just to play them. The indie market should be auxiliary to a mainstream core, not the end-all-be-all of your $250 device.

You need GTA, you hear? And it needs to have some sort of connectivity with GTA 5 on PS3. This year will be the year of Grand Theft Auto, not Gran Turismo.
Was this necessary? One silver lining: when he's on his "permanent vacation" enjoying a fat ass severance package and planning his next move, he'll know you'll still be here bitterly posting away at night and flipping burgers by day.

M.D

Is this OK so far?

PS4.... has no games

7jwEiuv.jpg

Wynnebeck

Banned
Was this necessary? One silver lining: when he's on his "permanent vacation" enjoying a fat ass severance package and planning his next move, he'll know you'll still be here bitterly posting away at night and flipping burgers by day.

LOL DAMN SON. Hammer don't hurt em!

shahid

Oh and another thing. I know when I used to read threads by people on the "inside" at various places I'd think "why is nobody responding? At least say *something*" right?

Well, I won't be able to respond to everything, but I will try to read everything. Also, at Sony, let me tell you something that surprises even me - even at the highest level people are reading here and there on forums. We have passionate discussions about the issues you raise internally. It's not wasted effort.

dreamfall

Shahid, a warm welcome.

Now, please, give us something! A clue, or at least confirmation to wait until E3, or add to this speculation, or tell us about a GTA Vita, etc.!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Oh and another thing. I know when I used to read threads by people on the "inside" at various places I'd think "why is nobody responding? At least say *something*" right?

Well, I won't be able to respond to everything, but I will try to read everything. Also, at Sony, let me tell you something that surprises even me - even at the highest level people are reading here and there on forums. We have passionate discussions about the issues you raise internally. It's not wasted effort.

So it would ok to say that several threads on NeoGAF have been discussed between Andrew House, Kaz, Shuhei, etc.? Nice.

Theh Last Guardian on PS4 CONFIRMED

Sid

Since you can't announce the titles,can you tell us how many big exclusives will the Vita get this year? the 2013 lineup has been pathetic so far.

We must know what Kaz thinks of Kaz gifs.

Spill it!

tusken77

This is awesome.

Welcome, Shahid!

I both love and hate you for getting Terraria on Vita. On the one hand I love the game and on the other I will literally never do any work or social stufff ever again since I'll be able to play it anywhere.

artist

Banned

Shahid, please tell me if you have seen some of the gifs that GAF has produced.

edit: Also, we'd love if there are more people like you trying to connect with the consumers.

Top Bottom