• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Straley Leaves Naughty Dog

Where do you think Bruce Straley will end up next?

Results are only viewable after voting.

J-Skee

AAA games truly burn out developers...........seeing how he went from Last of Us to UC4...i'm sure he deserve the big break and do whatever he wants...

Reading about it in Jason Schreier's book, be there writing was on the wall. Dude had no more to give. But I'm happy for him. Wherever he goes, I'll follow.

Drencrom

I only got a chance to work with him on Uncharted 4. I vividly remember the night very close to submission date, we were working on tuning the difficulty of the final
Rafe
fight. We wanted to get Crushing just perfect. We were trying all kinds of things - modifiers to speed, different combos that only appeared at that difficulty, etc.

I remember the next morning, I forget the exact words but I see an email, something along the lines of grabbed coffee this morning and played it on Crushing, took me a few tries but I did it and it felt amazing.

Working with him was always a pleasure. He was always willing to try stuff just to see what it would feel like. He’d sit with you to hash out ideas until we both either walked away exhausted or satisfied. I’ll definitely miss him. His way of development will stick with me for a lifetime. Can’t wait to see what he’s cooking next.

Really sounds like you and many dogs appreciated him and his mentorship. Thanks for sharing, Vinit!

Top Bottom