• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection | NeoGAF Custom Soundtrack: Planning & Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti just submitted another track, we have 5 in total for now

I've started to work on my track, will try to post a preview later on, if I'm happy with how it sounds (still not sure I like the direction the song is taking, so I might start everything from scratch)
Look forward to it.

I keep restarting. My ideas outpace my talents.

I had a real issue with some samples, which sounded great on headphones, but when I went to monitor with speakers they sounded distorted and muddy. I EQd them but now they sound flat...

Ha, I keep meaning to track down this thread. My last Wipeout game was 3SE on PS1 (took a holiday from Sony consoles), but I love those games and am all over the Omega Collection.

I was running 3SE emulated last year and put together my own custom soundtrack including favorites from the series and a bunch of other stuff from Orbital, Prodigy, Underworld, Chem. Bros, FSOL etc etc that I thought would fit. Also downloaded soundtracks from newer games, but never got rounding to checking them out.

Interested in GAF's output!

Vally

I just got another track from The Kree, 6 tracks in total for now

Look forward to it.

I keep restarting. My ideas outpace my talents.

I had a real issue with some samples, which sounded great on headphones, but when I went to monitor with speakers they sounded distorted and muddy. I EQd them but now they sound flat...

Same here :( I have a lot of ideas, but then actually putting them into the DAW is another story lol. Didn't like what I was working on so I've started from scratch again, will also give a listen to that Spotify playlist to see if I can get some inspiration

The Kree

Banned
I have four kids from five different women, three jobs, and I'm recovering from pink eye. If I can find time to get a handful of tracks in, so can you.

Stop slacking.

Hey, I'm up for it if you're still accepting new submitters. Have a track I never got finished cos it's not my usual style but I think it'd fit in Wipeout. Might try another from scratch too.

Vally

Hey, I'm up for it if you're still accepting new submitters. Have a track I never got finished cos it's not my usual style but I think it'd fit in Wipeout. Might try another from scratch too.

Yeah, there's still a lot of time until release date so new submissions are always welcome =)

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
I think I finally got a track ready. Acid house meets trance

Vally: will send you the soundcloud link and if you think its okay I will send the wav file after.

Vally

Album is already starting to take shape, 7 tracks in total with the one that Nyx just submitted

I think I finally got a track ready. Acid house meets trance

Vally: will send you the soundcloud link and if you think its okay I will send the wav file after.

Sounds like a nice combination, looking forward to it! :D

Vally

Just received vonStirlitz's track. It's quite reassuring having these many tracks already with so much time in advance, thanks all! =)

I'll keep working on mine, let's see if I can find some suitable vocal samples to spice it up a bit, otherwise I'll try to record some gibberish and run it through a vocoder or something

Vally

Thanks jorgeton!

I was wondering how should we name this? I was thinking G.A.M.E. 7, but I think some gaffers started to plan a 7th album a long time ago, and then it never saw the light of day. Even so, I feel that naming it that way would be like dismissing their work, so I'm not too keen on that... maybe G.A.M.E. Omega Edition or just G.A.M.E. Ω ? I don't know

I'd also like the OT title to reference this album in some way and was considering this:

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| We're back in the G.A.M.E.

but suggestions are welcome anyway =)

The Kree

Banned
Thanks jorgeton!

I was wondering how should we name this? I was thinking G.A.M.E. 7, but I think some gaffers started to plan a 7th album a long time ago, and then it never saw the light of day. Even so, I feel that naming it that way would be like dismissing their work, so I'm not too keen on that... maybe G.A.M.E. Omega Edition or just G.A.M.E. Ω ? I don't know

I'd also like the OT title to reference this album in some way and was considering this:

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| We're back in the G.A.M.E.

but suggestions are welcome anyway =)

G.A.M.E. Omega Edition works I guess.

Vally

Yep, I guess Omega Edition or something like that could work, I was mainly asking to take it into account for the creation of the album cover, etc.

I received another really cool track from InaudibleWhispa, 11 in total at the moment =)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I think G.A.M.E. Omega Edition sounds good.

Also, I have an additional track that is almost ready.

shagia

oh hell, I'd like to submit a song soon! I've got an idea that's been in my head mostly inspired by WipEout and other futuristic racing games, I don't have anything to show right now but I'm pretty quick I believe.

No_Style

I fucking loved GAME 3.0.

All the best to you all for your contributions! I see some familiar names on the track list so far.

Vally

Thanks guys! yeah keep the tracks coming, there's still time until release

I'm pretty sure I won't finish mine until the last minute :( but I'm definitely in

btkadams

What's the deadline for tracks? I was away for a couple weeks and then my boyfriend had a heart attack this week, so I've been pretty wrapped up in other things... i still really want to contribute though.

Vally

What's the deadline for tracks? I was away for a couple weeks and then my boyfriend had a heart attack this week, so I've been pretty wrapped up in other things... i still really want to contribute though.

Sorry about your boyfriend =( as for the deadline, I would like to have all the tracks a couple of days before release date if possible... so ideally during the weekend of June 3-4

btkadams

Sorry about your boyfriend =( as for the deadline, I would like to have all the tracks a couple of days before release date if possible... so ideally during the weekend of June 3-4
Thanks! I will try to make time to finish what I've been working on. Looking forward to hearing everyone's tracks regardless!

Vally

NintendoRev just PM'd me another couple of songs which are pretty good! 14 tracks in total so far

Rösti, m0dus (or anyone else for that matter), are you guys still up for helping with the art/album cover etc.? I could try my hand at an album cover if needed, but if someone else wants to take care of that I'd really appreciate it

m0dus

Banned
I've got track in the works, and some ideas for artwork. I'll be using assets created for this:

https://youtu.be/deX-C_UfuyU

But in an abstract fashion that hearkens back to the days of Design Republic.

btw, no, Sony never called us :-(

m0dus

Banned
NintendoRev just PM'd me another couple of songs which are pretty good! 14 tracks in total so far

Rösti, m0dus (or anyone else for that matter), are you guys still up for helping with the art/album cover etc.? I could try my hand at an album cover if needed, but if someone else wants to take care of that I'd really appreciate it

I totally didn't see your post until just now. :) I've got the artwork, mentioned that above.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Love it. Really amped for this project and cant wait to listen to all the tracks.

And lol at the "call us sony" motif.

Vally

Tracklist so far

7KVawuM.png

Still working on mine where I can find time, hopefully I'll be able to finish before the deadline. I've been trying to limit myself to a track solely made with my OP-1 synth, but I may have to ditch that idea.

Vally

You can take the 32-bit WAV part out of my track titles.

Yep I already had that in mind, I will take that out

Also for those who specified in the track title an artist name different from your GAF name, I'll assume you want the former to be used for the tracklist, otherwise let me know

Hamst3r

Yep I already had that in mind, I will take that out

Also for those who specified in the track title an artist name different from your GAF name, I'll assume you want the former to be used for the tracklist, otherwise let me know

I'd like mine to be Hamster Alliance - Disruptor Cannon, if you don't mind. :)

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Looking good. Can't wait to hear all the tracks. Well done Vally for Organising this.

Quick question. How will we get to listen to these while playing Wipeout? The PS3 had the option to play from hard drive, but not sure how to do this on PS4. USB stick and media player?

jorgeton

Looking good. Can't wait to hear all the tracks. Well done Vally for Organising this.

Quick question. How will we get to listen to these while playing Wipeout? The PS3 had the option to play from hard drive, but not sure how to do this on PS4. USB stick and media player?

Correct. You can plug in a USB stick or external harddrive and play the music from there.

Kremzeek

Thanks for the Spotify playlist- definitely going to use that as a starting point to blend it with my old Fury playlist!

Vally

Using the Media Player app I guess, and playing the music from a USB or a Media Server connected to the same network. I think the only other way to play custom music is with the Spotify app (would that even be an option, publishing this album on Spotify? just curious, I have no idea at all of how that works, but I imagine the whole process would take some effort)

Anyway I do hope the game provides an option to mute the in-game music, otherwise we're screwed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom