• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flash has hit normalcy for the CW

Guess folks tire of Barry's dumb decisions

Flash deserves the ratings hit. Outside of the musical episode it's so boring right now.

It was nice to see Bones tick up for its series finale, which was great and further solidified the show as my favorite procedural of all time. 12 seasons. 246 episodes. The 2017-18 season is going to feel weird without it airing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder how well this did for Netflix given the middling reviews and the fact that I haven't really heard anyone talk about it. I'd guess it either did really well or they got the actors for cheap.
I think it's like Grace and Frankie. There's literally nothing to say about the show.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
13. I think it was meant to be a split deal. Final Season of Vampire Diaries in Fall/Winter and then a shorter 4th season of The Originals in Spring and maybe a little of summer.
search your feelings; you know the answer

it's 13 episodes

so is it confirmed to be the last or could it be renewed?

I think it's like Grace and Frankie. There's literally nothing to say about the show.

I thought Grace and Frankie was quite well liked?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They had plans for a third season, but the ratings cratered.

I have no idea, I dropped Humans rather quickly because it was so dumbed down (and it's not like the Swedish version was all that clever to begin with).

Ah.

The first season was okay, but a disappointment. I thought the second was a nice improvement over the first, however. It's still a bit wonky, but I feel like they're headed into some pretty interesting territory.

God dammit, I love this show. Now I'm terrified for their other shows that I'm invested in.

Quarry is almost certainly dead.

Outcast is coming back for a retooled second season, but that one probably won't make it another year unless it can get its viewership/buzz up.

Linkura

After this Sunday's ratings, no surprise. They could probably get higher ratings with an AFV rerun.

Edit: Oh wait, they did. That very night. Hahahahahhahahaha.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hard to blame audiences re: The Flash. Happens with all CW shows. Audiences get sucked in by a new fad, and slowly tire of seeing the same stories over and over again. Especially with this year's Flash. Then it drops in favor of whatever the new hotness is, which I guessed would be Riverdale but was wrong. The TVD used to be that thing and it just ended on a season high 0.5.

On the other hand, Supernatural will live forever

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm at a Price is Right taping so I can't change the title right now. Note that Price is Right has filmed literally one thousand times as many episodes as Time After Time

vypek

I was shocked to see TV Land commercials when watching ABC. just tried out nobodies. Liked it a lot, gonna continue watching and place it on DVR schedule

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Days of 1.0 Flash over?

As a coda to this, Flash got adjusted up slightly, matching its current low for now:

Final-Bcast-2017-28.TUE_.png

The Flash has hit normalcy for the CW

Guess folks tire of Barry's dumb decisions

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Fast-Demo-2017-28.TUE_.png

Trial and Error lost a lot of folks

It's certainly getting pretty annoying as is the show's writing in general, worst aspect of it and Supergirl and I'd wager a major reason for the decline of both though more The Flash since it started with higher highs in its first season compared to Supergirl's first CW season. It's not as frustration inducing yet as Arrow's 3rd and 4th seasons were yet but I hope to fucking god Flash has a shake up next year and Supergirl stops being an SNL parody and finds a compelling antagonist.
i don't even remember which one this is, but our first time travel show down!

http://tvline.com/2017/03/29/time-after-time-cancelled-abc-no-season-2/
No surprise there.

I'm definitely expecting Cyndi Lauper references in the title.

G0523

Wednesday ratings. Imaginary Mary didn't do so hot. I can't imagine it doing a 1.4 on Tuesdays (where it will regularly air).

Fast-Demo-2017-29.WED_.png

Quarry is almost certainly dead.

Outcast is coming back for a retooled second season, but that one probably won't make it another year unless it can get its viewership/buzz up.

Seriously?! they renew the shit show that is outcast but they're not going to give the amazing Quarry a second season? Honestly cinemax needs to give their brand time before they cut bait on their more prestigious shows. Not a lot of people know to check out cinemax for OG programming but once the catalogue is a little built up I think things could change. But what do I know I'm just a watcher not a programmer

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Seriously?! they renew the shit show that is outcast but they're not going to give the amazing Quarry a second season?

Well, Outcast was renewed before it even premiered - if they had waited for the show to air its first season, it probably wouldn't have been.

Honestly cinemax needs to give their brand time before they cut bait on their more prestigious shows. Not a lot of people know to check out cinemax for OG programming but once the catalogue is a little built up I think things could change. But what do I know I'm just a watcher not a programmer.

They completely botched Post-Skinemax 1.0. It seems like they have a better plan for Post-Skinemax 2.0, however, so we'll see how it pans out.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Kevin Kay Details Plans For the Paramount Network

DEADLINE: What will be Paramount Network’s identity and how will it fit into the portfolio? Is it the FX of the Viacom group?

KAY: I’d like to think about it – there is a little bit of HBO, a little bit of FX. It’s premium, it’s quality. The brand of Paramount Network for TV is about stories worth telling. We live in a world where premium scripted is what the audience wants, we’re in a golden age of storytelling. Paramount represents that. I think that’s the mission, and we’ve got to be in pop culture too. I hate the word zeitgeist but we’ve got to be in the zeitgeist. Some of the projects we announced today feel very much like that to me. I believe that they fulfill that mission and a great way to launch when you get to January.

DEADLINE: What about Spike’s first original scripted series, the upcoming The Mist? Will it move to the Paramount Network?

KAY: In success, if this season on Spike goes well, we would pick it up for next year, and Season 2 will be on Paramount. I think it looks very good, there is a big marketing campaign that is about to launch around it. We think it’s got a lot of potential, and it might join the Paramount Network.

DEADLINE: Is the previously ordered Red Mars drama series dead?

KAY: Mars is over, not happening.

DEADLINE: What is your target, in terms of a number of scripted and unscripted series on the Paramount Network in the first year?

KAY: I think six scripted for next year and then growing to eight in the second year, and non-scripted probably the same, six. You are looking at a dozen originals. We have original Cops on Saturdays. You will see a lot less Cops repeats in the daytime, which have populated Spike’s schedule, we are going to cut back on that.

We’ve got scripted dramas, non-scripted in a big premium way, we’ve got scripted comedies, we’ve got docuseries, and we’ve got Mixed Martial Arts. If you look around at the broadcast networks, that’s not a bad model to me. On the broadcast networks, you’ve got drama nights, you’ve got comedy nights you’ve got sports nights. You’ve got a lot of variety for different viewers across a very broad audience. I feel that’s where we want to be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Lizzie Borden Chronicles... whut? :eek:

How trash is it? Ill watch anything with Christina Ricci.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Lizzie Borden Chronicles... whut? :eek:

How trash is it? Ill watch anything with Christina Ricci.

Oh, it's pretty damn trashy. It's really short though. My one friend put it on while I nursed a hangover. I mainly played on my phone, but what I did catch was ridiculous. The movie at least tried to pretend it was telling the true story. The show just takes that character and goes bonkers with it.

It's on Netflix. See if you can stand more than 15 minutes of the movie, and then go for the show. Good luck lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
At least they're really trying though - they're aiming for 6 original scripted series in the first year and a total of 8 in year two. That's more of an effort than FX put into FXX or HBO into Cinemax~

Patryn

At least they're really trying though - they're aiming for 6 original scripted series in the first year and a total of 8 in year two. That's more of an effort than FX put into FXX or HBO into Cinemax~

They've got quite the uphill battle though. I know that I've always thought of Spike as super low brow. It'll take quite a bit of work to get the sophisticated audience they seem to want to pursue who has probably written off Spike for years to even realize the channel exists and check it out.

Dropped Blindspot and now I'm thinking about dropping the Blacklist as well. I'll probably finish this season but not too sure after that.

Only bothered watching two episodes of Redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom