• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would You Rather: Never Need To Sleep Or Never Need To Excrete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

We spend roughly a third of our lives sleeping. Being tired can make you miserable and error-prone.

Pissing, shitting and sweating is often inconvenient and sometimes uncomfortable. Always gross.

Choose:

No need to sleep or no need to excrete?

Xe4

Banned
No sleep. I'd be able to get so much more done. I don't know why anyone would choose anything else.

Miles X

I actually like sleep, and not to re-energize but to dream/lucid dream/fantasize. I think you might actually go a bit stir crazy without sleep ...

br3wnor

These comparison threads have been pretty bad.

Of course sleeping. Shitting is one of my favorite activities, being able to gain 8 hours every day to pursue my hobbiers would be incredible. (Though I do love the feeling of going to sleep after a long day and waking up refreshed in the morning)

Either going comatose and occasionally having hallucinations or having to deal with stinky stuff coming out of my butt.

I'd honestly prefer the sleep and give up pooping.

Bonus points if, by being poopless, I'm also conducting photosynthesis. Or maybe even breaking the laws of thermodynamics.

HotHamBoy

I want to remind y'all that this isn't just about time. Sweat is icky. Piss is nasty. Diarrhea and constipation are awful.

You'd need to put a frequency and intensity on the shitting/pissing in order to make these even a remotely fair fight. Like would you rather never sleep and have a painful shit 10 times a day, or never have to shit and get to sleep like a normal person.

Sleep all the way.

Poppy

what if you no longer need to sleep but it takes eight hours to take a shit?

you can still work while on the toilet of course

Ri'Orius

Between this and the "perfect teeth or perfect X" threads, it's clear some people just aren't good at recognizing difficult decisions.

Would you rather never need to work, or never need to change the battery in your smoke detector?

bunbun777

Pretty sure you would go crazy or have to seriously start with prayer/meditation if sleep is off the table.

I enjoy pooping and pissing too much to give that up.

Geist-

These either/or threads are pretty bad. Come up with something a little harder, please.

And of course no sleep.

100% Never sleep. Shitting takes 5min pls

Unless you're at work, in which case shitting takes 55 minutes, minimum. Whereas if I take 55 minutes to sleep at work, suddenly I'm "fired."

Also, some of my greatest ideas have come on the shitter. The only thing I ever thought of while I was sleeping was a giant dog with claws instead of feet who flew me to the moon to farm jellybeans. Which, while cool, is hardly an actual thing I can make happen.

kswiston

I want to remind y'all that this isn't just about time. Sweat is icky. Piss is nasty. Diarrhea and constipation are awful.

You might be a germophobe (or whatever the excrement equivalent is). Everyone else would still be doing that stuff, so I don't see the point of giving up a quarter of my life for not having the occassional diarrhea. I already barely sweat. The other two don't bother me.

I want to be able to do both, they're both pleasant. I've had my share of painful shits in my life but I wouldn't trade them to lose out on the relief from the good ones. Same with sleep. Oversleep or not enough sleep sucks, but sleeping in on a do nothing day is the best.

While I'd choose sleep from this I do have to consider it...

Never needing to sleep might mean you never sleep, which would make you a weird person. While I'd love to think of the possibilities I'd be able to achieve if I worked on something throughout the night and didn't need sleep, it'd also probably isolate me from the rest of the normal world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom