• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0c_zaius

that is music to my ears. Most probably gonna end up buying almost all the good fighters for Vita personally

It also help with the older PSP games. I put it in someones hands with Alpha 3 playing and they wouldn't give it back.

I also tried Powerstone and while it looks worse cause its a 3D game, it plays great. 2D games tend to age a little bit or not at all. Guilty gear accent core + looks really good on the vita and plays great.

32?

I was wrong :p

I guess puzzle games just don't feel like there's that many songs.
I shouldn't have been comparing rhythm games to puzzle games anyway.

But whatever. I'm totally into the MJ game and it's worth more to me than others I guess.

33 licensed, 10 or so other new tracks from Q?

Watched some videos of MJ on Vita. My little girl is going to love it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
th_IMG_1172.jpg

As promised, a pic of lonely me picking up Vita earlier. This is in Austin Arboretum. Cheers to Jonathan for opening the store up for me. Geez.

Crazy. You made him work.
How funny if no one was there. Would he even unlock the door? How long would he wait?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's with the tiny pic? Are you using a phone made from 1999?

Edit: oh I see, thumbnail shot. I guess you want to save bandwidth

depward

Went from loving my launch PSP-1000 to loving my PSP-2000 MonHun edition to hating how Sony handled the PSPgo (I picked one up).

I wasn't going to get a Vita - at least at launch - due to how Sony has handled PSN and the PSP's support (more like life-support). But I love the PSP platform... And having my digital purchases on Vita is a big plus.

Also new Hot Shots.

LordK

Really want to get into a PSP game. Thinking of Third Birthday or Trails in the Sky... but also want to hold out for digital sales if they ever come.

Tempted to get Stardust and Escape Plan... I have Uncharted and don't really feel like playing it, haha.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Here is my FIFA review :

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

kuroshiki

Here is my FIFA review :

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

...that's a... good thing?

Digishine

Banned
th_IMG_1172.jpg

As promised, a pic of lonely me picking up Vita earlier. This is in Austin Arboretum. Cheers to Jonathan for opening the store up for me. Geez.

what's up with the small picture it's way too small for me to see something I'm on a 27inch iMac :(

Edit: Nvm I just edited the name and see the big picture now :D thx for the pic :D

UberTag

Really want to get into a PSP game. Thinking of Third Birthday or Trails in the Sky... but also want to hold out for digital sales if they ever come.
Trails in the Sky is super affordable at $19.99. Easily getting your money's worth at that price.

M.W.

Here is my FIFA review :

So, you're saying there's a chance?

madmackem

I don't care about trophies so whatever.

I'm going to play this some more, but if this really was just a demo and not the full game (like if it was a PS+ trial or something), I may actually buy the game.

I have to admit, Billie Jean as the tutorial and then scrolling through the song list totally got me. Gameplay feels good too.

Having watched the giantbomb stream i thought it looked pretty good, i do get the feeling that if it was a japanese game with jpop songs and anime art people would be going ape shit for it but seems to be wrote off by the games press.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Here is my FIFA review :

This will probably be my review when Pro Yakyuu Spirits '12 comes out next month. I hope.

madmackem

Here is my FIFA review :

So what your saying is its ok.

Ridley327

Having watched the giantbomb stream i thought it looked pretty good, i do get the feeling that if it was a japanese game with jpop songs and anime art people would be going ape shit for it but seems to be wrote off by the games press.

Given Ubisoft's history of flooding launches with barely playable pieces of crap, several degrees of trepidation is a bit warranted by both press and consumers alike. Guilty until proven innocent, if you will.

Yeah, well, I'm going apeshit over Theatrhytm being on 3DS and not Vita. How many music games lately had non-Western music? All the RB, GH, etc. were full of songs from the 80s, Lady Gaga crap, etc. That's why I played DJ Max.

madmackem

Given Ubisoft's history of flooding launches with barely playable pieces of crap, several degrees of trepidation is a bit warranted by both press and consumers alike. Guilty until proven innocent, if you will.

Thats the impression i get with the genral vibe from podcasts etc about the vita itself. I hate they bring up prices with regards games, a game should be reviewed without price being an issue imho and on the game alone.

pfft, hard choice. I would get rayman first just to support Ancel and encourage more games like it. I love umvc3 but thing has already made bank.

2 cents

Damn, heh hard choice. Rayman would look so nice on that screen. I'd get both if I didn't feel like I was buying too many games. I'm already thinking of getting 7, and 8 seems definitely overboard.

frequency

Yeah, well, I'm going apeshit over Theatrhytm being on 3DS and not Vita. How many music games lately had non-Western music? All the RB, GH, etc. were full of songs from the 80s, Lady Gaga crap, etc. That's why I played DJ Max.

Has that been announced for western release?

Stupid region locked 3DS!

I like all sorts of music. Not really into rock though, so RB/GH went right over me.
Otherwise, I enjoy Just Dance just as much as DDR. And MJ just as much as Project Diva.
I just enjoy music. I don't care where it's from.

SOLDIER

Is there a list of which PSP games look best on the Vita?

I'm thinking of including a PSN card with my (theoretical) purchase, and using it to buy a couple of PSP games like Tactics Ogre and Tails in the Sky.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Here is my FIFA review :

6.8?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
...that's a... good thing?

hell yes.

Holy Grail of Gaming moment for me.

No 4) Console grade Fifa on handheld system

<sings>Old hack Charlie can't stay calm, EA O M G</sings>

So what youre saying is wait for PES?

PES was long since dethroned. Seabass has lost the plot a long time ago. Amazing to think that EA could not only close the gap to WE/PES but outstrip it.

Giant Bomb quick-look for UMVC3 has me drooling.

Are OG MVC3's servers on PS3 still up and kicking? I don't want to worry that when I buy the Vita version 6 months to a year from now, I won't be able to play with my brother.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
On the Amazon page for the Vita, it says something about the pre-order bundle bonus. "All existing PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi pre-orders will be upgraded to the PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle." But when the Wi-Fi Vita is selected, it doesn't say that at all, instead displaying a message about needing a memory card. What's that all about?
amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-First-Bundle-Sony-PS/dp/B005IMVP0O said:

Kiyo

98 OMFGs clearly means 98/100... right?

On the Amazon page for the Vita, it says something about the pre-order bundle bonus. "All existing PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi pre-orders will be upgraded to the PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle." But when the Wi-Fi Vita is selected, it doesn't say that at all, instead displaying a message about needing a memory card. What's that all about?

Wi-Fi Vita is not the same as 3G/Wi-Fi Vita.

The launch bundle includes an 8GB memory card.. the wifi unit itself does not have a memory card.

UberTag

Has anyone tried the super stardust blast pack dlc? Worth getting?
I haven't been able to purchase it. The DLC seems glitched until the monkeys fix both it and free MJ tomorrow.
Maybe I should try buying it through my PS3 just to see if that works instead.
EDIT: Nope, get an error there too.

Has that been announced for western release?

Stupid region locked 3DS!

Well, I can't see the reason why it wouldn't be, unless they run into some crazy licencing issue with Suteki Da Ne, Eyes on You, etc.

Anyway, I'm hoping for enhanced Vita port later on, but port begging gets you a ban, so I will stop here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom