• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D appearing on new Target Canada 3DS Planograms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

its more likely than you may think

I was umming and aahing about posting this as a thread...but to hell with it, I assume many are waiting for any information possible on this.

Essentially, there was a planogram update last week at Target...and its been made to take into account Majora's Mask 3D.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-think-...ly-confirmed-majoras-mask-for-the-3ds.368831/

Apparently it wasn't on the Target system before, and now it is. And it's been verified by quite a few employees. It could be bullshit, but I distinctly remember when I was working at Blockbuster UK and we had Zombi U and Rayman on the system before they were officially announced - so its not unheard of. From that post:

1. The number doesn't match what American Target numbers look like!
A: That's perfectly normal. The tag is from Canada, not the States, hence the difference. Subsequently, the price is in CAD, not USD.

2. It says there's one on the sales floor!
A: That's incorrect. That number represents how many spots it has on the sales floor. The On Hand number tells us how much there is.

3. I'm pretty sure someone just printed this off as a hoax.
A: While it's likely, no, it isn't. The tag was implemented with the shelf planogram (Which details where items are on the shelf, as well as fixture layout). So unless someone wanted to have every Target store open in Canada post a fake label, this is probably the most solid proof there is yet. As well, in the 4chan thread I stumbled upon, someone from St. Catherines, Ontario, was able to mention that the same tag existed in their store as well.

4. Why are there two known street dates (Dec. 31, 2014 and July 18, 2014)?
A: Seeing as I noticed this after it was set, it originally had July 18th set, however, it was changed between that set date and the date I took the photo.

5. Why is the current street date December 31st?
A: It's most likely a temporary date until it can be properly implemented in the system, or, it was removed to prevent some kind of issue with the release date of an unannounced game (I assume the former.)

6. $44.99! That's really expensive!
A: It may be a pre-order price, or else it's a tentative price. Don't forget that it's also in CAD, not USD.

the fact that it's now a feature of the Canadian Target 3DS planogram for every store is pretty damn solid evidence, I'd say.

ibzICh973nlstY.jpg

Rich!

I wonder if they are printing copies right now for a surprise comic con announcement.

maybe!

As I said in the other thread:

1. Blockbuster UK leaked the first information on the Ubisoft Wii U launch titles in exactly the same way. Its not unheard of.

2. The 3DS XL was announced with no warning in a direct and was in European stores three weeks later.

GameE

Why would target have this up when it hasn't been announced? Why would target have this up unless Nintendo is gonna bring it out in like 2 weeks? Not saying its fake but its fishy

Rich!

Why would target have this up when it hasn't been announced? Why would target have this up unless Nintendo is gonna bring it out in like 2 weeks? Not saying its fake but its fishy

Read my post above - it has happened before. More than once.

We had Zombi U and Rayman in our Blockbuster UK system before they were made public. 3DS XL was announced in a direct ~3 weeks before it was launched in the UK.

Mr-Joker

Banned
But next year is Marjora's Mask 15th anniversary, that would be a better time to release the game.

I still don't buy it.

GameE

Read my post above - it has happened before. More than once.

We had Zombi U and Rayman in our Blockbuster UK system before they were made public. 3DS XL was announced in a direct ~3 weeks before it was launched in the UK.

This is Nintendo we are talking about tho. Plus when was the last time Nintendo announced a game and had it in stores like 2 weeks later?

Meffer

I wonder if Nintendo is going to do a Direct around the time ComiCon happens... They have a habit if announcing Directs just days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom