• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch shutting off with low battery

I've had this multiple times now: my Nintendo Switch just shuts itself off when it's on low battery (in handheld mode). Instead of warning me in advance to plug it in, it just shuts itself off.

Does anyone else have this? Did I just miss the notification or is this working as intended? Just shutting off when I'm playing a game of ARMS online is very annoying.

EktorOni

That's weird. I always get notified of "low battery" once it hits 20%, then again at 10% and finally at 5%.

Have you updated the Switch to the most recent firmware?

Zedark

You should get a couple of warnings of low battery percentages before it puts itself into sleep mode. You get those messages at 15% (or 10%?) and 5% at the very least.

Galava

I've had this multiple times now: my Nintendo Switch just shuts itself off when it's on low battery (in handheld mode). Instead of warning me in advance to plug it in, it just shuts itself off.

Does anyone else have this? Did I just miss the notification or is this working as intended? Just shutting off when I'm playing a game of ARMS online is very annoying.

The only thing i can think off is that it shuts off because low battery+hot console.
ARMS makes the Switch get really hot, maybe is that, idk :(

correojon

The only thing i can think off is that it shuts off because low battery+hot console.
ARMS makes the Switch get really hot, maybe is that, idk :(

I got a low battery pop-up at 15% while playing ARMS in handheld mode today. I kept playing a bit more and put the system in sleep mode later without issues.

Top Bottom