• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

offshore

So, can you use the Zonda for the Like The Wind race and win? The Furai hasn't turned up and I've been checking frequently and it's getting tedious waiting.

I just don't want to blow 2 and half mil only to find out I've bought something worthless...

offshore said:
So, can you use the Zonda for the Like The Wind race and win? The Furai hasn't turned up and I've been checking frequently and it's getting tedious waiting.

I just don't want to blow 2 and half mil only to find out I've bought something worthless...

The Furai's an easy B-spec prize car.
NR-A Roadster Cup: Mazda Furai Concept’08 (S)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
offshore said:

what do you mean the furai hasn't turned up? You mean the formula GT? The Furai you get by winning the Mazda Eunos/MX5 cup in b-spec.

I think I used the Corvette ZR1 RM for like the wind A-spec, then the minolta you win there for like the wind B-spec. Not sure if the Zonda will do it TBH

offshore

I meant in the dealership...I haven't really been doing B-Spec. But if the Furai's a prize car, I start doing B-Spec a bit more then.

harrytang

why cant i figure out how to put the top down?! i see cars in races with the top down so i know it can be done, but i cannot find the option myself. anyone know how?

offshore said:
I meant in the dealership...I haven't really been doing B-Spec. But if the Furai's a prize car, I start doing B-Spec a bit more then.

You don't need the Furai for the Like the Wind A=spec race. A fully modded ZR-1 RM worked for me. The Indy race took a while but the Daytona road course was easy.

Damnit to hell, I was desperately mashing the slow down button for a couple of minutes as I knew the end of the 4 hours endurance run was near... he went over the line at 3:59:48.

Joy, another 7 minutes to go. :mad:

offshore

weekend_warrior said:
You don't need the Furai for the Like the Wind A=spec race. A fully modded ZR-1 RM worked for me. The Indy race took a while but the Daytona road course was easy.
Cool, cheers. I'll try that out tonight.

UFRA

seattle6418 said:
Not to sound like i troll, because i know that people hate when people say "you´re having trouble, OMG it´s so easy", but of all the events to complain, it surprises me that Alfa C8 at Eiger draw so much hate.

We´ve been playing Eiger since december of 2006, i thought everybody would be familiar with the track.

To me it´s not even the hardest one on the Grand Tour. (didn´t liked the Lambo race).

The fact that the Eiger Grand Tour event is hard has nothing to do with people not being familiar with the track.

It's the incredibly demanding gold time target that is set with a car that loves to spin out...it's extremely challenging.

I HATE doing licenses against CPU-opponents. You are not allowed to do shit, yet there's no problem when they smash into your car or drive through the grass....
Some do even drive behind you, crash into your car, DISQUALIFIED!!!

It's such a stupid gameplay decision...

offshore

Patrick Bateman said:
I HATE doing licenses against CPU-opponents. You are not allowed to do shit, yet there's no problem when they smash into your car or drive through the grass....
Some do even drive behind you, crash into your car, DISQUALIFIED!!!

It's such a stupid gameplay decision...
One wonders what it's going to take for PD to ever give us half-decent, intelligent and challenging AI.

Goldrusher

weekend_warrior said:
But then you have to spend 750K or something on a car you don't really need.

-viper- said:
There is no fucking way to recover in this game once you spin out.

It's impossible to quickly reverse and turn the car.
I never throw away my gamepad, but i came close when I went slightly over the curb, touched the sand and flew off, going from 1st to 8th in a few seconds of the last round.

-viper-

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
I never throw away my gamepad, but i came close when I went slightly over the curb, touched the sand and flew off, going from 1st to 8th in a few seconds of the last round.
On the wheel, PD require you to hold triangle to reverse. and rotate the wheel simultaneously.

The least I would have expected is triangle activates the R gear. :\

Ranger X

offshore said:
One wonders what it's going to take for PD to ever give us half-decent, intelligent and challenging AI.

Only guys I've seen giving us this on console were Codemasters. Especially in TOCA3 last gen. Nice AI, doesn't feel on a rail, have accidents, don't bump you, are challenging, etc.

Because otherwise I agree GT5 is not all that great sometimes. I feel I am bumped even more than in GT4. Forza 2 and 3 is also a mess on this matter.

:(

-viper-

Banned
Fuck this A.I.

I'm doing the GT All Stars event and I always spin because the A.I. fishtails me. The bastards.

Prologue's A.I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT5.

How the fuck did they make it worse? Prologue actually felt great to drive against the A.I. - there wasn't any bullshit ramming. This game? Eurgh.

-viper-

Banned
Seems like turning ASM on can prevent the spin outs when the A.I. touches you.

At the downside, it seems to significantly slow you down - I'm 2/3 seconds slower on Trial Mountain with my Mazda. :\

offshore

Ranger X said:
Only guys I've seen giving us this on console were Codemasters. Especially in TOCA3 last gen. Nice AI, doesn't feel on a rail, have accidents, don't bump you, are challenging, etc.
<3 TOCA. Was playing TOCA for PS1 the other night, and even that has better AI than GT5. Better sound effects when cars collide as well.

Talking of TOCA, I wonder if PD could ever get the BTCC licence at some point. Also, Brands Hatch and Donington I'd love to see in a GT game in the future.

Shaneus

-viper- said:
On the wheel, PD require you to hold triangle to reverse. and rotate the wheel simultaneously.

The least I would have expected is triangle activates the R gear. :\
I wonder if there's a reason for this? There has to be a reason why they wouldn't just kick R in after braking. So frustrating, especially when you only remember they did this about 5 seconds after you've stopped and don't begin reversing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
Damnit to hell, I was desperately mashing the slow down button for a couple of minutes as I knew the end of the 4 hours endurance run was near... he went over the line at 3:59:48.

Joy, another 7 minutes to go. :mad:
Could have pitted him?

-viper-

Banned
LabouredSubterfuge said:
You betcha!
I find it spins a tad easily at times though :\ (oversteer)

What is the best way to slow the car down?

It feels significantly faster than anything else out there though. I can't imagine how it would be possible to control the X1 - the sense of speed for the Mazda is already pretty strong for me :\

alterno69

Banned
Just wanted to say that using a wheel is awesome, finally golded the last event in the B10 license thanks to it. I never expected a wheel to feel so awesome but it does, loving it. Only problem will be my wife when she sees it lol. I already spent too much money on videogames this year and she wont be happy lol

-viper- said:
I find it spins a tad easily at times though :\ (oversteer)

What is the best way to slow the car down?

It feels significantly faster than anything else out there though. I can't imagine how it would be possible to control the X1 - the sense of speed for the Mazda is already pretty strong for me :\

Up the LSD control of initial torque and acceleration. Max out downforce. Increase max speed on your gear ratios so that you don't over rev the lower gears as much. Worse comes to absolute worst, set traction control to 1.

belvedere said:
I've been slowing my pace in GT5 so I have more to do with the wheel, though I am tempted to start over completely when I finally get one.

I'm missing GT5 : (

Same boat. don't get to open that big beautiful box until Christmas Eve ... been just playing WoW and Fable 3 until then so it hasn't been too bad ... but I'm craving me some driving!

gtmax

Shaneus said:
I wonder if there's a reason for this? There has to be a reason why they wouldn't just kick R in after braking. So frustrating, especially when you only remember they did this about 5 seconds after you've stopped and don't begin reversing.
That's not completely accurate. Reverse works on the G25 if you're using the H pattern for shifting. If you're using the paddles, then you gotta use triangle for reverse.

What i'd like to see is an overhaul of the racing events. They feel last-minute tacked on. I hope an update will bring some exciting events to race in.

brentech

weekend_warrior said:
Completely opposite for me. I took the lead during the 2nd lap of Indy course I think, had like a 6 second win. The Daytona Road course I took the lead on the last lap during what I believe would be turn 4 of the actual Daytona raceway. Basically going into the final straight.

I used the Zonda R '10 for both races.

lionelhutz

Which car is the best for B-Spec > Expert > Gran Turismo All-Stars? I've used a number of tuned cars and can't play any higher than middle of the pack.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
having a pause between suzuka 1000kms, so went on a bit of a shopping spree in the premium dealership. Picked up

GTR SpecV '09
Skyline GTR Vspec II Nur (R34) '02
Xanavi Nismo GTR '08
M3 Coupe '07
RX-7 '02
Lancer Evo VI Tommi Makinen '99

Thats better :)

OK, so I got my 1000 ticket last night, redeemed it and was expecting nothing exciting....and actually got the Jag XJ13 Race car. Holy fuck, this thing is coolest damn thing ever. The detail on the interior is nuts, especially that honking V12 engine behind you. It's a little wild in the corners as the tail wants to slide out, like most of those old 60s cars tend to do, but what a blast to drive.

Man I was playing All-Stars that yesterday and the last 2 races I was consistently fishtailed at the start of the match. I caught up at Tokyo and this asshole A.I tried to fishtail me again.

Glad I got that over with.

Unrelated, I bought one of the level 20 Honda race cars
for the photo trophy
. It's lovely, handles like a dream and is one of the few cars that I feel PD didn't butcher the audio on.

-viper- said:
Can't remember what I got for my ticket 1000 except it was some crappy standard car. :\

That's what I was expecting because after I finally finished the Nascar championship (which I didn't care for at all by the way) all I got was a stupid Pontiac GTO which I had already won somewhere else...so I sold it for the lousy 15,000 credits. But I also got the 1000 ticket at the same time and was floored that I didn't get something sucky from it. I still only finished 3rd in the historic cup's cote d'azur race with the Jag, but I can add a high turbo kit to get the car to something like 680hp so I'm going to try that. I fear I'll be sliding all over though, so we'll see.

belvedere

Junior Butler
flyinpiranha said:
Same boat. don't get to open that big beautiful box until Christmas Eve ... been just playing WoW and Fable 3 until then so it hasn't been too bad ... but I'm craving me some driving!

I guess there's always B-Spec. Seems like it's going to take forever to get to 40.

:lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
Unrelated, I bought one of the level 20 Honda race cars
for the photo trophy
. It's lovely, handles like a dream and is one of the few cars that I feel PD didn't butcher the audio on.
Based on your post, I just went and did the same - only with a Honda Z ACT '70, with a grand total of 28BHP :)

Looking at that 'arch rivals' trophy, you need to have a 1-2 finish with an evo X and an impreza STI. How are you supposed to do that? Is there an a-spec race that has one of those cars which is likely to win, so you can select the other? Or do you have to artificially create the situation with something like an online race with a willing accomplice?

Actually, that's something i'd like to be able to do, whether in practice, arcade, whatever. Let me hand pick the cars I want in the race.

Top Bottom