• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
Spoilers from Den Den Mushi on Oro, not alot since she has a cold but here some:

Title: a Woman's Duty

Nami continues to control Zeus, they perform a combination attack
Nami's weather eggs seem to have an effect on Zeus
Jinbe combats Prometheus with water
Pudding... appears to have a split personality? First she has a heart and stutters when she sees Sanji and then she seems grumpy about seeing him?

LotusHD

Banned
Spoilers from Den Den Mushi on Oro, not alot since she has a cold but here some:

Pudding... appears to have a split personality? First she has a heart and stutters when she sees Sanji and then she seems grumpy about seeing him?

I knew this would happen.

Also damn Nami

Ray Down

Banned
More from Traffy-Kun on Oro:
Chopper and brook are heading for the sunny-go . Chopper notice a fishman is doing something .

[Seducing woods]
Luffy's co. Are still running from BM , the vivre card is not working since mom herself is there .
Mom trys to call on zeus but nami keep him distracted by thunder clouds and weather eggs .
Luffy wants to avenge king bam so he attacks prometheus with gatelling gun with haki .. yet it doesn't affect prometheus .
Jinbe uses "wave spear" this attack makes prometheus suffer .
According to jinbe , Prometheus is the personification of fire , so he is just like a big fire .

Zeus keeps on eating the weather eggs over enjoyed by the taste .

Due to eating so much he became very big .
Nami activates the "eggs" inside zeus .
Nami : zeus breeze tenpo .
A large thunder hits BM .

Chopper co . Reach the sunny , to find themselves surronded by perospero's co .
They plan to fight back to regain their ship .

On the other hand , above the seducing woods pudding and chiffon appear .
Chiffon thinks that she must help luffy's co who are the life-savers of Lola .
Pudding spots Sanji from above .
Pudding :I found them (big) sis . sa..sa..sanji-san is there (heart) .
Evil pudding appears : that guy sanji is there .
Chiffon : and ?

Euphony

Banned
So wait does Chiffon just happen to have a chiffon cake lying around inside Bege that both her and Pudding brought for Big Mom? Unless I'm overthinking it and both of them are there to convince Big Mom to wait while they make it. I'm obsessing over this cake too much.

Ray Down

Banned
So wait does Chiffon just happen to have a chiffon cake lying around inside Bege that both her and Pudding brought for Big Mom? Unless I'm overthinking it and both of them are there to convince Big Mom to wait while they make it. I'm obsessing over this cake too much.

They just happen to be flying over by.

Though again Sanji will get involved.

LotusHD

Banned
More from Traffy-Kun on Oro:
Chopper and brook are heading for the sunny-go . Chopper notice a fishman is doing something .

[Seducing woods]
Luffy's co. Are still running from BM , the vivre card is not working since mom herself is there .
Mom trys to call on zeus but nami keep him distracted by thunder clouds and weather eggs .
Luffy wants to avenge king bam so he attacks prometheus with gatelling gun with haki .. yet it doesn't affect prometheus .
Jinbe uses "wave spear" this attack makes prometheus suffer .
According to jinbe , Prometheus is the personification of fire , so he is just like a big fire .

Zeus keeps on eating the weather eggs over enjoyed by the taste .

Due to eating so much he became very big .
Nami activates the "eggs" inside zeus .
Nami : zeus breeze tenpo .
A large thunder hits BM .

Chopper co . Reach the sunny , to find themselves surronded by perospero's co .
They plan to fight back to regain their ship .

On the other hand , above the seducing woods pudding and chiffon appear .
Chiffon thinks that she must help luffy's co who are the life-savers of Lola .
Pudding spots Sanji from above .
Pudding :I found them (big) sis . sa..sa..sanji-san is there (heart) .
Evil pudding appears : that guy sanji is there .
Chiffon : and ?

Lmao people that are getting tired of Pudding not sticking to one side are never going to like her, are they?

Maybe they'll be more sympathetic since it does seem to be a personality disorder after all.

Again, holy shit Nami, she actually attacked Big Mom. Guess I wrong. People gonna get even more irritated that a Yonko is being "humiliated" lol

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lmao people that are getting tired of Pudding not sticking to one side are never going to like her, are they?

Maybe they'll be more sympathetic since it does seem to be a personality disorder after all.

Again, holy shit Nami, she actually attacked Big Mom. Guess I wrong. People gonna get even more irritated that a Yonko is being "humiliated" lol

I have to see it to believe it..

caliph95

Pudding will never be loved

I don't even mind the humiliation, it's awesome and hilarious

I don't see how she's being humiliated anyway. She took one of her power sources. They haven't been able to do a thing to big mom the entire arc she proved herself as a yonkou

caliph95

I don't see how she's being humiliated anyway. She took one of her power sources. They haven't been able to do a thing to big mom the entire arc she proved herself as a yonkou
Still awesome and hilarious

And it's the only kinda way they could escape that would make sense

caliph95

It's not like she punched her out or anything she ended using her weather powers against her with her own weather device

Ray Down

Banned
It's not like she punched her out or anything she ended using her weather powers against her with her own weather device

But clearly this means Nami is Yonko lvl and BM is a joke and this arc sucks /s

I fucking hate reactions like this.

Battle fans are the WORST!

caliph95

It's like they're not reading the same manga

He'll it's like luffy and crackat, luffy only survived because nami was helping and her powers is a good counter and them getting lucky with card

Hell we had brook whose powers counter big mom pretty much took an army of homies

Ray Down

Banned
It's like they're not reading the same manga

He'll it's like luffy and crackat, luffy only survived because nami was helping and her powers is a good counter and them getting lucky with card

Hell we had brook whose powers counter big mom pretty much took an army of homies

Nah man this shit sucks, and we need to go to Wano because Kaido is just the coolest ever /s

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Eh be real now this is the strongest and most influential female character in this manga while her physical power is strong her mental intimidation and portrayal is fairly weak. This is the sort of shit you expect from a random arc boss not one of the 4 most power and influencial pirates in that has been hyped for a decade. This arc would have been better off if it ended with Capone. Right now the events serve literally no purpose other than to drag things out.

The fact that a being that is literally a part of her so easily betrayed her doesn't say much of her strength as a character. This isn't dragonball physical power isn't mainly all there is to someone. Hard counter or not.

Ray Down

Banned
Eh be real now this is the strongest and most influential female character in this manga while her physical power is strong her mental intimidation and portrayal is fairly weak. This is the sort of shit you expect from a random arc boss not one of the 4 most power and influencial pirates in that has been hyped for a decade. This arc would have been better off if it ended with Capone. Right now the events serve literally no purpose other than to drag things out.

The fact that a being that is literally a part of her so easily betrayed her doesn't say much of her strength as a character. This isn't dragonball physical power isn't mainly all there is to someone. Hard counter or not.

Nami is using her weather based talents and abilities that she learned over her 2 years against someone who also use weather base who hasn't gotten trained like her.

And no it wouldn't of, we can't leave off on Big Mom going insane and Pudding not getting an arc.

The homies also have a mind of their own, it's fine that Zeus can "betray" her.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nami is using her weather based talents and abilities that she learned over her 2 years against someone who also use weather base who hasn't gotten trained like her.

And no it wouldn't of, we can't leave off on Big Mom going insane and Pudding not getting an arc.

The homies also have a mind of their own, it's fine that Zeus can "betray" her.
We're talking about the strongest pirates in this story here in a manga that has gone on for over two decades it's really not all that strange for people to be upset that she she had her abilities betrayed and used against her in the space two chapters. Frankly outside of her strength she'a not all that different as a threat as someone like Alivida.

Oda has pretty substantial problem in creating significant female villains.

caliph95

We're talking about the strongest pirates in this story here in a manga that has gone on for over two decades it's really not all that strange for people to be upset that she she had her abilities betrayed and used against her in the space two chapters. Frankly outside of her strength she'a not all that different as a threat as someone like Alivida.

Oda has pretty substantial problem in creating significant female villains.
Alvida really, the villain that was a literal joke where big mom was treated as a serious threat that two of the monster trio and the Germa 66 did nothing against

Also I don't think it's necessary a female villain thing Even if I think he has a problem with it when it's a similar thing with Eneru a broken and powerful villain who lost due to a bad match up

And went through most of the arc basically telling us they had no absolute chances and I doubt it means anything besides buying them time

Pretty crazy how hard y'all push that female agenda big mom doesn't warrant that discussion she's done nothing but kick everybody's ass all arc,be intimidating and show her power. Comparing her to alvida is such a mighty stretch you might as well steal the gum gum from luffy

LotusHD

Banned

Exactly, you'd think people who would be praising that Nami of all people actually got to attack a Yonko, but nah, just another humiliation to add to the pile lol

As if the Straw Hats don't embarrass the shit out of everyone they come across. Only difference this time is that in terms of fighting her, they currently cannot win.

People getting mad at the the mere idea of Nami touching Big Mom is some sort of fucked up shonen Stockholm Syndrome

No lies detected. It grabbed ahold of me too, where I read the spoilers, and I'm thinking briefly, how dare Nami touch Big Mom lmao

It's One Piece, so I'd be lying if I said I expected anything specific from a Yonko encounter. People like you and others are saying that the arc being dragged out only serves to make Big Mom look bad, but like... the arc ain't over yet. So I can't yet say whether it would've been better if the arc ended after the bomb went off. Right now amidst the levity and "humiliation" of Big Mom, they are running for their lives. People say this is making Big Mom look bad, which is fair to say, but the Straw Hats do this all the time. Even if they weren't out here barely avoiding her attacks, they still embarrassed the shit out of her by infiltrating her base, rescuing Sanji, etc.

What ultimately matters is how they stack up to Big Mom combat-wise, and as we saw, Luffy can't win. So... they run, with Nami's (foreshadowed) weather manipulation also playing a role. And it makes just enough sense where I find no reason to call BS.

As for Nami taking the Zeus alliance to the next level, I mean, let's wait for the chapter first.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Alvida really, the villain that was a literal joke where big mom was treated as a serious threat that two of the monster trio and the Germa 66 did nothing against

Also I don't think it's necessary a female villain thing Even if I think he has a problem with it when it's a similar thing with Eneru a broken and powerful villain who lost due to a bad match up

And went through most of the arc basically telling us they had no absolute chances and I doubt it means anything besides buying them time
This isn't dragon ball. Most villains worth their salt weren't interesting just because they were strong. Her competence and her ability to maintain a crew leave a lot to be desired for someone at her stature. Like Elvira she's rules by fear which is one thing. The problem is she's not even good at that once the actual plot is involved.

LotusHD

Banned
Pretty crazy how hard y'all push that female agenda big mom doesn't warrant that discussion she's done nothing but kick everybody's ass all arc,be intimidating and show her power. Comparing her to alvida is such a mighty stretch you might as well steal the gum gum from luffy

There are issues, we enjoy the manga in spite of them. And there are stuff I will definitely notice, like if Big Mom never ends up fighting Luffy or whoever and getting her hands dirty, so to speak.

But what's happening here and now, is stuff that has been happening forever now to antagonists of the Straw Hats.

Except for Smoothie. Oda treated her horribly.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
We're sorry for the female agenda bleg

I agree big mom is a bad example
Why isn't she? She's the strongest fans me character in the manga. The only other one in her ball park is Hancock who rarely fights

This is literally as far as female characters go in this story

Ray Down

Banned

Some are saying it's just Pudding acting like she did in 861 but I doubt it.

Top Bottom