• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two *Off-screen* High Resolution Images of Battlefield 4 Running on Xbox One

Ubersnug

Personally, I'm going to wait till actual in game shots are made available before I judge the quality of the graphics. All this off screen pish that we are being drip fed is doing nothing but frustrating alot of people, myself included.

What's even more surprising is how people are quick to accept that the IQ we are seeing is what we will see when we have it running in front of us.

EGM1966

Not going to judge it by some poorly taking screens but the Kinect prompt is bona fide curio. Don't like the look of that at all.

Satchel

Banned
That doesn't look very nice.

Battlefield 3 looked like ass on PS360 as well. Clearly Frostbite doesn't agree with console architecture.

Personally, I'm going to wait till actual in game shots are made available before I judge the quality of the graphics. All this off screen pish that we are being drip fed is doing nothing but frustrating alot of people, myself included.

What's even more surprising is how people are quick to accept that the IQ we are seeing is what we will see when we have it running in front of us.

the art of the vertical slice.

Why do a poor ass public demo if you can't do it right? It will just be negative marketing and waste dev time.

Atlas157

qgJ4opg.gif

Perfect.

Ubersnug

Why do a poor ass public demo if you can't do it right? It will just be negative marketing and waste dev time.

Well if they have to show something, show the latest stable build that doesn't have all the bells and whistles activated. Producing a demo for people to play requires a good bit of effort that would be better spent on developing the core game itself.

I just wish DICE would start releasing some in game screenshots from both the PS4 and XOne at this point or, at the very least, some concrete details on what sort of experience we can expect.

Looking at it though ... that can't be real ...

They have 8GB of RAM to work with! How can textures still be so low resolution??? HOW?!!?

But that is a .. long ... way off from this

construction_1p_1920x1080.jpg

Even the low setting shot ...

battlefield4-beta-2.png

This was one of the first things I've noticed...ALL the MP footage (including ULTRA on PC) they have shown looks far far worse than any SP footage....

Am I missing something ? Have they downgraded the game ?

shandy706

Well...at least we know the early build on everything looks...meh at best.

This is definitely a game we ALL (PC included) need to wait for the final build before talking about how multiplayer looks.

Enordash

In what universe do you consider 1024x768 photos with insane noise and blur "high resolution"

It looks like there's aliasing which should be expected but you can't really judge much else from these shots with confidence.

For real. A picture of a screen is always going to look worse to a high degree. This thread just seems like another excuse to crap on the X1.

Ubersnug

This. Fuck this. I thought all the mandatory Kinect bullshit was done but I guess if they're using Kinect at all this stuff will happen.

It IS optional.

Jesus people. You see a couple of images and you instantly assume that is how something will be permanently. I would make an educated guess that we are seeing this because either the player opted to try it out OR the demo station was set up to demonstrate Kinect functionality.

Skeff

In what universe do you consider 1024x768 photos with insane noise and blur "high resolution"

It looks like there's aliasing which should be expected but you can't really judge much else from these shots with confidence.

Compared to the blurry ass videos we had, These are 4k by comparison...

Ubersnug

This was one of the first things I've noticed...ALL the MP footage (including ULTRA on PC) they have shown looks far far worse than any SP footage....

Am I missing something ? Have they downgraded the game ?

It's very common for the multiplayer engine of a game to be downgraded, visually, compared to it's single player side.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It IS optional.

Jesus people. You see a couple of images and you instantly assume that is how something will be permanently. I would make an educated guess that we are seeing this because either the player opted to try it out OR the demo station was set up to demonstrate Kinect functionality.

Do we know for sure that the Kinect functionality in BF4 is optional? I know it's optional for the console, what about the game?

Daithi

Neo Member
This. Fuck this. I thought all the mandatory Kinect bullshit was done but I guess if they're using Kinect at all this stuff will happen.

I assume if the user enables lean or whatever through Kinect in the games settings, then of course it will be mandatory (for that play session).

burnfout

Do you we have any PS4 shots to compare? Do we have any indication that the PS4 version is looking any better?

Making fun of the Xbox One is all fun and good, but I am getting worried about the PS4 version as well.

It's very common for the multiplayer engine of a game to be downgraded, visually, compared to it's single player side.

But its a massive downgrade, it doesnt even look the same game...it looks like Battlefield 5 on SP and Battlefield 3 on MP.

After trying out the Ultra settings on BF4 Beta, Im extremelly disapointed, it doesnt look next gen at all.

Ubersnug

Do we know for sure that the Kinect functionality in BF4 is optional? I know it's optional for the console, what about the game?

To be fair, there is nothing factual stating it is optional. The only piece of info we got from Dice regarding Kinect was that they were looking at integrating Kinect functionality to allow head tracking and leaning. However, an educated guess would lead you to realise that it would be optional.

But, given all the previews and impressions we have had from trade shows and to from the press, this is the first piece of evidence we have seen that Kinect is definitely being used in BF4. If Kinect was going to be mandatory, we would have been made aware of it by now.

Raide

Laughed my ass off at that.

Could it be that Microsoft were lying their asses off and Kinect is actually required to play games?

Or...Since it comes bundled with all consoles, DICE thought it would be neat to add a feature to the game and have Kinect support?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that looks terrible. havent been paying attention, but any chance we have the same map from ps4 footage to better compare? or different x1 footage thats a better comparison?

Raide

that looks terrible. havent been paying attention, but any chance we have the same map from ps4 footage to better compare? or different x1 footage thats a better comparison?

Its like the pictures people take of Aliens and flying saucers. Always blurry crap. Need some direct feed shots.

Top Bottom