• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

fertygo

Yeah, don't get rotation mentality either. Just because MTG does it doesn't mean it's better. Just selectively nerf rather than rotate sets wholesale. Restricted design space should not be an issue at this point in time. Ask again in like 2 years.
No

I dont want to play against DShit or Seraph for the rest of lives of the game

Szadek

You say you hate rotations but then bring up yugioh which has a massive ban list :p

And when they limit / semi-limit stuff it straight up cripples some deck types to the point the decks get straight up removed from the meta
I defiently prefere banlist of rotations, but thanksfully, online games have nerfs, which is even better.
These days I'm mostly a vangaurd player, which has a very small ban list. Althouhg, that game has the opposite problem of not banning/limiting enough, but never mind.

Pooya

You can't balance a pool of 3000 cards. And it's not about balance even, it's about variety. You can't keep printing better and better cards, the powercreep will be absurd. It already is in this game. The way they introduce new decks is to make old decks redundant. Where is your OP Daria Rune now? It was the shit 6 months ago. Not much has changed with that deck but everything else can vomit stats better and faster now. That's horrible game design. If they don't print better cards, people will just play the old powerful cards and it will be hard to make newer stuff stick unless they're just strictly better... They said they're changing their direciton, we will see.

Just going and changing and ruining old cards people like is bad too. That's why we have formats in card games, it's the cleanest solution. Somebody likes playing dshift, they should be able to, just not in the main format forever.

In case of this game, I think they haven't really tried to truly introduce brand new decks and strats. It's been mostly about cheating out absurd stats in some way as fast as possible and every class has that now. It's not interesting. They need to try to be more creative if this game is to last for many years.

The only really different deck than the rest is probably earth rite burn rune deck. I like that deck, it probably takes the most brain time to play in this game, probably why it's not very popular despite being good lol. Everything else is same shit. Sword is dumbest garbage ever with ambush and storm. Who enjoys that? Neutral decks are probably the laziest bullshit I've seen. Cmon, who got paid for designing that shit or pre nerf blood. lolol. Haven used to take some skill and foresight, they ruined that too. Dragon is maybe different but it's still so dumb. The game needs more complexity, it's too easy and simple to just curve to victory. I used to shit on hearthstone for being too basic and simple, but this game is even more basic that that. HS actually is trying to add complexity slowly.

They need to try harder. I agree that the problem is not too many card yet. It's probably soon for that. The problem is bad design.

Luigi87

You can't balance a pool of 3000 cards. And it's not about balance even, it's about variety. You can't keep printing better and better cards, the powercreep will be absurd. It already is in this game. The way they introduce new decks is to make old decks redundant. Where is your OP Daria Rune now? It was the shit 6 months ago. Not much has changed with that deck but everything else can vomit stats better and faster now. That's horrible game design. If they don't print better cards, people will just play the old powerful cards and it will be hard to make newer stuff stick unless they're just strictly better... They said they're changing their direciton, we will see.

Just going and changing and ruining old cards people like is bad too. That's why we have formats in card games, it's the cleanest solution. Somebody likes playing dshift, they should be able to, just not in the main format forever.

In case of this game, I think they haven't really tried to truly introduce brand new decks and strats. It's been mostly about cheating out absurd stats in some way as fast as possible and every class has that now. It's not interesting. They need to try to be more creative if this game is to last for many years.

The only really different deck than the rest is probably earth rite burn rune deck. I like that deck, it probably takes the most brain time to play in this game, probably why it's not very popular despite being good lol. Everything else is same shit. Sword is dumbest garbage ever with ambush and storm. Who enjoys that? Neutral decks are probably the laziest bullshit I've seen. Cmon, who got paid for designing that shit or pre nerf blood. lolol. Haven used to take some skill and foresight, they ruined that too. Dragon is maybe different but it's still so dumb. The game needs more complexity, it's too easy and simple to just curve to victory.

They need to try harder. I agree that the problem is not too many card yet. It's probably soon for that. The problem is bad design.
I pretty much agree with this, and the bolded in particular.
My biggest growing issue with SV is that they seem to want to make the game faster and faster.

Ala Alba

. Somebody likes playing dshift, they should be able to, just not in the main format forever.

Except Dimension Shift is in the Standard card list. Unless you're suggesting that they pick and choose which cards from a set get "banned", Dimension Shift will always be available because they will never rotate the Standard card list out (doing so means making a new default deck for every craft, at least if I understand the concept of rotations correctly).

fertygo

They must doing something to DShit in the end anyway

Back then you are on 9-10 turn clock

Now iťs just 7-8

You pretty much must play aggro or just concede early if play anything but aggro to save time

Pooya

Sometimes not even aggro is fast enough. I've lost games to dshift with them at 2 hp and all I did entire match was to go face. It's very hard to stick anything on board. You need lots of direct damage.

Big card dump, some really interesting cards in here

Shadowcraft Legendary Follower: 4/4/3 -> 4/6/5
Last Words: Your Leader gains the ability: the next time a Last Word ability of one of your followers is activated, activate it again. You cannot have multiple instances of this ability.

Swordcraft Legendary Follower: 3/2/3 -> 3/4/5 (Commander)
Whenever another Swordcraft follower you control comes into play, it gains +0/+1 and "Clash: gain +1/+0"

Shadowcraft Gold Follower: 4/1/4 -> 4/3/6
At the end of your turn, recover 2 defense.
Clash: Deal 2 damage to the enemy follower.

Bloodcraft Silver Spell 2 cost
Deal 1 damage to each Leader. Deal 3 damage to a target enemy follower.

Dragoncraft Silver Follower: 3/2/3 -> 3/4/5
Fanfare, Enhance 6: Destroy an enemy follower with 5 or above health.

Runecraft Silver Follower: 3/2/3 -> 3/4/5
Fanfare: Summon an Earth Sigil.
Each time an Earth Sigil enters the board under your control, your leader recovers 1 Defense.

Neutral Silver Spell 1 cost
Banish a card from your hand. Put a copy of that card into your deck. Draw a card.

Forestcraft Bronze Follower: 2/2/2 -> 2/4/4
Whenever this card follower attack or defense stats from an ability, draw a card.

Bloodcraft Bronze Spell 3 cost
Deal 4 damage to an enemy follower. Put one Poison Serpent to your hand.

Havencraft Bronze Follower: 2/2/2 -> 2/4/4
Fanfare: Restore 2 defense to one of your other followers.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The secret to beating d shift is to just play ambush sword and afk with creeps on the field for like 4 turns

then evo and start face rolling

Edit: That shadow craft gold is an amazing counter evo card since most people leave evos on the field with low life from killing something else off, then they have to burn evo or kill cards in it until they get a big body and even then it does 5 dmg at 4 plus evo

Pooya

that neutral spell is interesting. rerolling an otherwise unplayable card is quite good. you can play that in dshift, often you have a lot of junk you can't play and mill your cards. Another Spellboost+cycle for 1? yeah why not.

Here is another use. You have two altered fate in your hand. You reroll one with this, play the other one, draw into one you shuffled in your deck. Could work for that meme otk dragon deck or ptp.

I think a lot of decks will play that.

Szadek

That neutral spell is a -1, but it could find a spot in certain niche decks.
Looks like Earth Rite and Control sword are getting some real cool toys.
Non-neutral swords should get better as well. Midrange snakes looks very promssing so far.

Pooya

So are they nerfing Albert next week? hopefully right. I'm sick of it.

Entire sword class is about Albert and win with that and they keep giving them cards that help them save evo points. Everything has rush/storm. It's all about dealing 10 damage.

Neutral decks at least play for board control. Sword doesn't give a shit about board control anymore. This guy just went first and went face all game, gave me all the value trades and board but, too bad, I'm at 10, he's at 5 but I'm dead... he could have probably won earlier if he traded but yeah you can be complete trash and still win with sword. Pretty sure you can bot that class very reliably and get master/gm. Ambush deck is even more dumb. holy shit.

Yeah, balance changes are announced the day before a patch, and they said they would say if there were no balance changes, so they could still happen.

Also the patch notes don't say anything about the Fate/Stay leaders, which was announced to be releasing alongside the new expansion iirc.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
With all the complaining from people I see on here you would think the game was still as busted as the start of wonderland
It's pretty much in the best spot it's been since the start of the 3rd set imo

Pooya

I just started looking at new cards. So Loki+Albert is 15 damage. huh. It doesn't make sense to run Loki in most sword decks but in control it might work. Btw sword can play some kind of rush/storm minion all the way up in the curve now and don't need to use any evo for board control.

Szadek

I just started looking at new cards. So Loki+Albert is 15 damage. huh. It doesn't make sense to run Loki in most sword decks but in control it might work. Btw sword can play some kind of rush/storm minion all the way up in the curve now and don't need to use any evo for board control.
Doubling Alberts effect does literally nothing, unless the wording is incorrect.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
With all the complaining from people I see on here you would think the game was still as busted as the start of wonderland
It's pretty much in the best spot it's been since the start of the 3rd set imo
Totally agree. Since I've invested more time in the game and have more cards than DE/RoB, this is actually the most fun I've had with the game. My main right now is a Satan Alice deck teched heavily against neutral spam (and consequently, all of sword). It's carried me from A1 to AA1 in the span of just this event with a >70% winrate. Even the highest roll neutral decks are beatable if you build a deck around it.

Pooya

good nerfs, time to play d-shift. Nothing stops that train now.

Summary of Changes
1. The legendary Neutral follower Alice, Wonderland Explorer will now give +1/+0 instead of +1/+1 to all other allied Neutral followers in your hand and in play.
2. The legendary Havencraft follower Lion of the Golden City will now cost 9 instead of 7.
3. The bronze Swordcraft follower Vagabond Frog will now cost 4 instead of 3.
4. The silver Swordcraft spell Shield of Flame will now have the effect “Deal 3 damage to an enemy follower. Enhance (6): Deal 6 damage instead.”

Nice, that is 4 free legendaries I can craft for next expansion. Didn't expect the shield of flame nerf at all.

Yeah dshift will be stronger, but there are plenty of aggro decks that can still beat it. The difference now is that those aggro decks won't be able to high roll and beat any control deck too. So it should be a more balanced meta, which is great since it's pretty well balanced right now. Though who knows what this new expansion will bring. So hard to tell how the meta will shift each expansion.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I don't think frog needed nerfing, but I agree with everything else.

Luckily, I have 3 Alices that I opened. I decided to invest in 15 more WD packs last night because the pool of nerfs between yesterday and today was so big. Got a 4th Alice feelsgoodman.

Szadek

Good nerfs.
Frog wasn't that strong, but he is annoying as hell, so fuck him.
Neutral deck should still see some play, but are now much easier to handle.

fertygo

Manage to get 4000 rupies despite stopped logging inp for almost 4 week at some poìnt.. will had shitload of vial thanks to the nerf

Think I'm good for new xpac

Too bad the carďs seem underwhelming this time

Luigi87

I have three Alice and three Lion, so I'll probably liquefy two of each. On top of the vials I got for my Ouroboros, Eachtars, and Snow Whites... I should be fine.

Luigi87

That's def their granblue side leaking over a bit

Even the droprate is the exact same as Granblue, lol

Hm, I'm gonna have to redo my whole card spreadsheet this weekend... Patch is out, but don't feel like updating my cards I get atm @_@

Edit: Aww yeah, Sakura Matou icon.

Sitting on 33k vials...

From 89 packs:

- 1x Star Reader Stella
- 2x Twilight Queen (1 animated)
- 2x Venomfang Medusa
- 1x Jormungand
- 1x Aether of the White Wing
- 1x Mail of Obliteration

Kinda lackluster. Was hoping for Mars and Dragon Keeper. Guess my first decks of the expansion will probably be Daria with that 1pp nuetral recycle spell and Nep with Twilight Queen, which I think 2478 Nep will prob be meta this month, but I have more fun playing other decks.

Probably will be buying crystals tomorrow since I want a couple of the Fate leaders, and probably some to spend on the daily deal pack. Debating if I want to jump on that $80 deal they have.

Luigi87

40 packs opened (a bit less than I normally do).

Loki and King Elephant are my only legendaries.

The worst pull I've ever had on a new exp. release.

Pooya

I opened 40 packs got 5 legs. Like one of each. Got Mars, I guess its ok but I don't know what to think of others.

rip Daria dreams.

edit: you get Fate cards by doing special missions. Win 5 games with every class. Some freebies yay.

KaoteK

5 legendaries out of 57 packs.

3 X Medusa

1 Aether

1 Mars

Guess I'm going to try some sort of serpent based deck even though I'm not a huge fan of Bloodcraft.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
60 packs.

4 legs
32 golds

A bit below average overall, but having a 3x of most of the golds is decentish I suppose. My WD pulls were really good to me and will help fund this set so I'm content overall.

Hmm one legendary for 31 packs which is pretty poor this time around. Oh well I will wait to craft any of the forest legendaries till the dust settles.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
you can't craft the new leaders to get their new stuff? I wanted daria :( guess i'll settle for buying illya from the store.

Top Bottom