• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Xisiqomelir

PSA: Baal's droprate is FUCKED

cfe53b8b876b54e6f1511b960aeb3a62.png

They can't ban you for joining/starting raids, get in on it!

OceanBlue

Have you done the Balmy Breeze side story yet? There are 3 SSR Katanas to reduce in the shop, so enough for one FLB I believe.
I got lucky with Colo drops lol. 3 katana in one day. Why can't I be this lucky with Yugu swords, Tia bolts, Chev guns, or even Levi daggers? ;_;

Is it worth element changing GW dagger? Gonna try and get one but I don't know if I want it to be wind or earth. Right now my earth and wind grids are pretty similar (not great but 6x sl10 magna weapons). My light grid is further along but I've been using Superstar for light.

For wind I've been using Andira, Arriet, and either Korwa or Yuisis.

For earth I've been using Ayer, Mahira, and Yugu but I also have a lot more characters in earth than in wind (or any other element) like Eugen, Eustace, Sieg, Sara, and Halle.

Gizuko

I got lucky with Colo drops lol. 3 katana in one day. Why can't I be this lucky with Yugu swords, Tia bolts, Chev guns, or even Levi daggers? ;_;

Is it worth element changing GW dagger? Gonna try and get one but I don't know if I want it to be wind or earth. Right now my earth and wind grids are pretty similar (not great but 6x sl10 magna weapons). My light grid is further along but I've been using Superstar for light.

For wind I've been using Andira, Arriet, and either Korwa or Yuisis.

For earth I've been using Ayer, Mahira, and Yugu but I also have a lot more characters in earth than in wind (or any other element) like Eugen, Eustace, Sieg, Sara, and Halle.

GW dagger is better off ele changed: gw weapons are useful for their ougi, and their true ougi unlocks after they are ele changed. Unless you are maining light? In which case you want to awaken your weapon but keep it light.

As for wind vs earth, go earth. With the current gw favouring wind and xeno vohu long gone, wind hasn't got much to look forward to in the short term. Xeno cocy should come eventually, so earth has that going for it.

Unless they rerun vohu again, in which case xeno sagi would cry (it is a possibility, but it's a bit unlikely).

Of course, if you won't use earth DF o dagger classes, just ele change it to wind.

I must have missed it. Raids are popping off like crazy, but no broken drops from where I am. Bwomp. I picked up on it pretty late though thanks for the heads-up.

Right around the end of magfest is when they fixed it if I had to guess from the drop off. I came in pretty late as well but I got 2 SSRs in just a few runs about 50-60 minutes before the end of magfest but for 2 hours after that, nothing.

Edit: You know, maybe not? This is so weird.

Good luck to Trick Room. I won't be on as often since I'll be away but I can probably do one of the strike times so I'll try to help out as much as I can.

As an aside I have a question, My wind grid is pretty decent (7 bolts, 1 xenospear, 1 gw dagger, all sklvl 10, not all guns are MLB) but I only have 3 SSR characters, Neza, Scathcha and Korwa. Should I run Summer Zooey? (esp during strike time). What's a good fill in SR? Helnar?

OceanBlue

GW dagger is better off ele changed: gw weapons are useful for their ougi, and their true ougi unlocks after they are ele changed. Unless you are maining light? In which case you want to awaken your weapon but keep it light.

As for wind vs earth, go earth. With the current gw favouring wind and xeno vohu long gone, wind hasn't got much to look forward to in the short term. Xeno cocy should come eventually, so earth has that going for it.

Unless they rerun vohu again, in which case xeno sagi would cry (it is a possibility, but it's a bit unlikely).

Of course, if you won't use earth DF o dagger classes, just ele change it to wind.
I do main light so maybe I'll just leave it light. Otherwise I'll try earth if I find I'm not using light daggers much. Thanks!

Gizuko

Good luck to Trick Room. I won't be on as often since I'll be away but I can probably do one of the strike times so I'll try to help out as much as I can.

As an aside I have a question, My wind grid is pretty decent (7 bolts, 1 xenospear, 1 gw dagger, all sklvl 10, not all guns are MLB) but I only have 3 SSR characters, Neza, Scathcha and Korwa. Should I run Summer Zooey? (esp during strike time). What's a good fill in SR? Helnar?

Windmeme zooey is pretty fun, but you will have a hard time managing health unless you are playing as sage or luchador (key skill is tag team, helps drain extra health while not consuming unchallenged/DI3, so ogre is not enough).

I won't be on as much either (working as an intern while attending university fulltime is madness), but I'll host some NM tomorrow during our 23:00 JST ST, so give your zoey setup a try. It's great fun, but it will be hard to manage (NM boss hits hard and I assume your max hp isn't that high given not all your guns are MLB). You could slot the SR butler from Charlotta's event for extra healing (much like Petra, but works from the back row, if I recall correctly). Otherwise, Helnar and that Sakura wars gal where good SR way back when.

Give DF a try as well, if you can deal with the healing (through pots or otherwise).

Edit: Actually, I don't have Scath, so maybe her shield will help a ton, I just don't know. That same shield, on the other hand, enables her enmity, so maybe you don't need Zooey? Just don't shield Korwa x)

Dragner

Since this bug benefits more USA and Europe is 100% going to be a rollback Kappa.

Now seriosly whatever they do is going to be a fuck up, if they rollback people farming baal is going to be pissed, a guy on discord has been 20 hours straight, all nighter and now goes to work...

But if not people on gW is going to be pissed since this benefits seeded/superseeded crews the most (rich gets richer) that have the day free for farming. Also rolling back could mean rolling back the GW too, that is fucked up too...

Since I dont have primals I dont give a fuck, I could do Odins for chev swords but it seems Odin and Lich are not bugged.

I just wanna take my 10 part ticket and move on.

Man, I can totally do Nightmare, but I keep forgetting about the 75% trigger. Rosetta can only take 1 of those, so the ougi into trigger kills her if I don't heal in between. Otherwise, I've been pretty pleased with how my wind team does. Rosetta really does carry hard though.

Gizuko

I have barely hit the Athena mines and I got a bunch of swords already - to the point I'm considering using one of them MLB. This really doesn't seem to be "working as intended".

It'd be nice if they were spears, but at worst they are still fodder.

omlet

I've done pretty well since the update...

1 athena sword to complete 2 MLB
7 garuda bows to complete 2 MLB
5 baal guitars
4 baal guns
and around 40 fodder ssrs

I don't even have titan or alexia so the baal weapons aren't useful, but might as well get some while the getting is good, just in case. Prior to this, I had exactly 1 SSR (ygg dagger) from 170 Baal kills. Nothing like getting New Loot popups after more than 1.5 years of playing.

OceanBlue

I didn't realize people used Titan. I guess it makes sense since I've heard about people using Varuna. I used to think I was really unlucky for getting both lol. Should I be setting Titan or Tez as my earth support summon for people?

alben

Neo Member
I didn't realize people used Titan. I guess it makes sense since I've heard about people using Varuna. I used to think I was really unlucky for getting both lol. Should I be setting Titan or Tez as my earth support summon for people?

Tez benefit everyone, titan is only useful for people with titan grids (and I think they will still prefer Alex or Tez as support)

Wait what happened

We're all stuck playing this game. Now a few hundred ssr and crystals richer.

What really happened: Rates on SSR drops for tier 2 fights were fucked, so you ended up with getting a ton of SSRs from a bugged chest at first. They fixed the chest but it still had a fairly high drop rate, getting an SSR every 7-8 fights. They did something to the raids again earlier so I guess they lowered the drop rates even more but I haven't read or played all day.

Xisiqomelir

WE ARE GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!

unknown.png

PSA pt 2: Remember for all your shiny new Titan grids, you can also off-ele reasonably well with Titan x Thighlex and Titan x Racecat (my life....).

Also remember that Yggdrasil Bow Omega is large enmity up!

Gizuko

I got away with two Athena spears. Not great but whatever, I sadly don't have the time.
Darn you, Sword of Palas.

Nighthound is growing on me. I like it's kit on wind, and it's ability to ignore some triggers when coupled with Monkey. It doesn't seem to be able to race vs my Warlock setups, specially considering Warlock can slot "Mist++" as an EMP skill, but perhaps NH's field effect makes double Tia semi-viable.

What really happened: Rates on SSR drops for tier 2 fights were fucked, so you ended up with getting a ton of SSRs from a bugged chest at first. They fixed the chest but it still had a fairly high drop rate, getting an SSR every 7-8 fights. They did something to the raids again earlier so I guess they lowered the drop rates even more but I haven't read or played all day.
Wait what, when was it fixed. Don't tell me I wasted time farming this junk at normal rates

1xt79XV.jpg

what a scam. I don't even have a titan.

e54.png

Hmm between the remainder of this GW and the next I need 30 more valor badges beyond the bare minimum (qualifying for group C and going 0-5 with no bonus) (yeah probably shouldn't assume Trick Room qualifies for group C next time but we've been on a pretty consistent qualifying streak and group C has only gotten larger) in order to have another sunlight stone by the end of next GW and finally have enough to MLB Agni.

That means out of the next 8 rounds I need either at least 3 wins where we hit the bonus, or 6 losses where we hit the bonus.

Should I spend my Valor Badges on Sunlight Stone, or save 100 more for a Gold Brick?

You need a Gold Brick if you ever decide to fully upgrade your revenant weapon and make one of the characters. (the alternative, is grind out enough gold nuggets from Rise of the Beasts and trade for one of the gold bars in the shop)

Otherwise, if you have no plans to ever do that then get the sunlight stones, though please use them on actually good SSRs.

bigkrev

You need a Gold Brick if you ever decide to fully upgrade your revenant weapon and make one of the characters. (the alternative, is grind out enough gold nuggets from Rise of the Beasts and trade for one of the gold bars in the shop)

Otherwise, if you have no plans to ever do that then get the sunlight stones, though please use them on actually good SSRs.

I have 1 Gold Brick from the last Rise of the Beasts, and will probably be able to get a second the next time the event rolls around. I think I might try for Feower (I changed the element of my GW dagger and am ust a few Untamed Flame away from the next upgrade), but doubt ill want to do this shit again.

Top Bottom