• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

koryuken

Hit 30 striker wins, celebrated by destroying my striker team

Then went 2/2 and maxed TS Zoro. Good times.

I've decided to give up on fighter at 20 wins. It's too stressful of a team.

Edit:

It's beautiful

Congrats man, I almost maxed my Akainu legend, cannot wait to get a few more universal books. Next stop on the universal books will probably be Legend Zoro :)

bjork

My one skill-up victory is finally maxing Blamenco's skill.

Who I've had for at least a year

and maybe used 5x total

HabeeNo

Hey guys, after getting Don Sai on my latest Sugo pulls, I was wondering how viable he can be.

I thought about adding him to my future dream WB team and replace Aokiji (who's CD is still at 33.....) but Aokiji's Orb Lock seems to be so valuable.

WB/WB
Colo Hawkins / Colo Killer
(Don Sai)(Aokiji) / Don Chin Jao

Which good teams could Don Sai used?

bjork

There may be better units in the RR pool to fit specifics, but I feel like he's a good fit in a team of fighters or strikers due to his boost, and he'd be nice in any STR team with units that would benefit from it as well. Plus with his 2 types, he can free up a spot in a DEX BB team, which is also handy. Plus 4 slots is always nice.

As a captain he would probably be nice if you started out without a legend or a G3, but he shines more as a sub.

MiTYH

Okay, that was a gem well spent.

Just went 4/6 on Doffys with my Cerebral run. Puts him at a 16 cooldown, with 2 Bind/5Despair/5AH sockets. I'll finish natural stamina with my fighter team tonight, and then just natural stamina for stuff tomorrow to finish it up (or save, since I think we lose skillup tonight?). Either way, reasonably happy with how it turned out thanks to the strong finish today.

Tashigi sockets this week and all this week, nothing else matters until I get my dream slasher unit done. Then... I guess it's NeoAokiji time? Plus new coliseum units, ugh so much to do!

RedBoot

My one skill-up victory is finally maxing Blamenco's skill.

Who I've had for at least a year

and maybe used 5x total

Yup, this is what I'm doing. Went 0/6 on the almighty books and have had a roughly 10% success rate on RR Sentomaru (not that he's vital or anything, but the nature of his skill kind of requires you to have him maxed).

Instead, I'll be happy with my small victories like this:

zPIouJV.png

Love that guy. He looks like a Dragon Quest monster.

(I use the heck out of him on low-cost Zeff teams for ranking missions!)

Majukun

yep,the game straight up refused to give me the last skillup on tashigi..i'm gonna have to keep her at 16 CD..it's gonna bug me but i have really nothing else to farm this fortnight for to spend gems on dropping a single book every blood moon

koryuken

yep,the game straight up refused to give me the last skillup on tashigi..i'm gonna have to keep her at 16 CD..it's gonna bug me but i have really nothing else to farm this fortnight for to spend gems on dropping a single book every blood moon

You have better self control than I do, that would trigger my OCD so hard lol. Especially since the skillup event is going on now.

EMT0

Banned
I just finished Tashigi's skillups, but she's the only unit I've gotten done. I actually really want Sentomaru done for BB teams. I also went 1/6 on my almighty books on Zoro. Better than nothing.

bjork

this is the fourth dr socket in a row the game has tried to get me to put on Blackbeard

If you get 5 on there, it stops it from coming up, though.

Also: why is it bad on him? I don't have DR on mine, but is it relevant to his CA?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Between my two neo doflamingo copies (both skill maxed) I still have 3 sockets points on 1 and 2 on the other to fill.

I might just wait for an invasion during a Doffy raid to complete their sockets

Edit: Also, I went 3/6 on almighty skill ups to invasion Shanks

mileS

Daily check in of utter disappointment.

1/10 Neo Doffy. That's 4/45 grand total now.

What do you get when you take global's avg skill up rate (which is already bad to begin with) and cut it in half..... Well I guess I'll be back for one last time tomorrow. If optc could bless me with a 3/5 feed tomorrow... come the fuck on game. This is the worst streak of luck.

MiTYH

I've discovered the secret to getting Legend books-- simply Max that legend! It's so simple!

Sitting on a boatload of Lucci books which will just become exp fodder, while Tashigi is no where to be found...

Kyou

Five DR sockets in a row ��

Someday the Blackbeard raid will be here when there isn't more pressing stuff and I can do more than a couple runs to keep my stamina from topping off

edit: Six in a row. I wonder if I stumbled across some mechanic where it tries to give you sockets you passed on

bjork

The Ace training island is a permanent thing? Here I was, running it for sockets because I thought it would go away.

MiTYH

Is today(in 3 hours) the last day for Doffy?
Or there is another set?

I believe today's the last day.

I'll probably do 3 more Cerebral runs since it's my safest team, then do a few more toy solider runs to try and get Tashigi books. We'll see

bjork

Did you guys see the dude on reddit with like a billion maxed level units and tons of legends (and dupe legends) at max +200?

He said he plays 10-12 hours a day and has spent over $15,000 on the game. On one hand I admire the dedication, on the other hand... holy shit, man.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did you guys see the dude on reddit with like a billion maxed level units and tons of legends (and dupe legends) at max +200?

He said he plays 10-12 hours a day and has spent over $15,000 on the game. On one hand I admire the dedication, on the other hand... holy shit, man.

I dont want sound like a dick...so i wont say much - def. impressive though.

I'm not even sure there's that much of a game there to support that kind of play time and dedication. It's one thing to be prepared for all possible content but is there really a reason to have 7 different Impact Usopps with different sockets? I'm assuming he's well off enough to support this kind of playing but it really makes me concerned about the ability of gacha games to turn their players into victims.

EMT0

Banned
Done with the soldier FN, I have everybody but Lucci and Sentomaru maxed, and they're each 1 away. I've got three copies for each one, gonna have to hope it's enough. Soldier sockets are all done except for AH, but I doubt I'll be using him much at all.

Kyou

and I retire from the Doflamingo event with one Doffy maxed at 5/4/5 L/D/AH and the other maxed at 5/5/5 DR/CD/AH.

went 1/2 on Invasion Shanks with my last two almighty books. I think I did okay.

also it looks like we're close to breaking the Doflamingo tracking site because it wasn't designed to go above 9,999,999. Hopefully we get some more rewards.

RedBoot

That's a nice thing. Too bad they don't have one of these that is just permanent SH island.

Yeah, the initial 2-week counter was just the double XP event, it was pretty confusing.

But yeah, seeing as how the Ace Island is largely STR-based, I think it'd be kind of cool if they did one for each type, with little tutorials in each for beginners. I think the SH are pretty well-covered with various FNs and the Strawhat events, so I'd like to see them focus on characters like Ace that have a lot of variants. People like Law, Boa, Jinbe, etc.

bobohoro

In the end went the full 30 on fighters and 20 on cerebral. Got my first Doffy skill maxed and 2/2/4 on sockets, second one is halfway done in skill-ups and also 2/2/4. Will probably use my quad-maxed DEX Doffy still.

Also quad maxed Lucci. Didn't have quite so much luck with Tashigi, she's at a CD of 19 and I only got 3 books today. But I'm also missing a few sockets on Kyros, so will run it with double stamina a few times on return.

Majukun

still deciding between 2 variants for my anti-chinjao-and-shanks team

1) x2 fuji, legend doffy, shiki,caesar, ts nami

2) x2 fuji,shiki,legend doffy, raid boa, psy marco

the first one i took it rom youtube and it says that it's able to do both chinjao's colo and shanks..even though i'm a bit unaccustomed to the ts nami timing when going against shanks since i suaually use marco to deal with shanks
also,since i didn't finish the sockets on my legend doffy i need to either use raid doffy (but lose a lot of damage against don sai) or spend 3k rayleigh points nand give him his last despair socket,since i need those for shanks

the second one is the one I made myself,so i have no proof that it can actually work for chinjao and the 3 version of it...it basically just counts on boa to delay on stage 3 and on the big hp pool of a double fuji (and doffy ship) + the total cure of marco to survive the stages before chinjao,,,then just wait 2 turns while fuji works his magic and then burst in the one free turn between the preeemptive and when he re-applies it.team should also be able to deal with shanks,since i lose the usual psy coby but i gain the boa chain buff that should make the burst easily doable.

Kyou

Looking into the future a bit, I find myself thinking Neo Aokiji is way less enticing than Doflamingo or Mihawk. The later two fixed the problem of the glut of important dex slashers, but what does a dex Aokiji bring to the table?

Looking into the future a bit, I find myself thinking Neo Aokiji is way less enticing than Doflamingo or Mihawk. The later two fixed the problem of the glut of important dex slashers, but what does a dex Aokiji bring to the table?

Good DEX free spirit units are somewhat uncommon. This is fixing a problem global doesn't really have yet since you don't really run free spirit teams unless you have TS Luffy.

RedBoot

LOL at what Law says in the new FN. I guess it helps avoid the question.

Somehow forgot that the Summer Girls started today. Glad I took it easy on the last couple days to recover from Doffy farming. Time for Violet and Shambles Tashigi/Smoker copies.

Quick note: The Tashigi in Smoker's body from the FN is part of some F2P Raid Fujitora teams, so be sure to grab one and maybe try for a few skill levels. If you have RR Smoker or plan on pulling Legend Sanji (don't we all), then you won't need it.

In addition to what Zeke said, I'm looking to use DEX Aokiji for Whitebeard teams, mostly paired with Colo Hawkins. It'll come in handy for some teams, particularly when I can't fit Colo Killer in. Can grab more WB-friendly sockets with him too.

bobohoro

A lower starting CD than my INT Aokiji who refuses to skill-up.
But yeah, overall he is one of the less interesting Kai units.

A lower starting CD than my INT Aokiji who refuses to skill-up.
But yeah, overall he is one of the less interesting Kai units.

Which is fine by me, I need a break from 100% focus on neo raids after Doffy.

Obviously I'll still get a copy of Aokiji (might even lightly farm if I own a team that makes him easy);

MiTYH

So... overwhelmed....
  • Smoker/Tashigi- Need those sockets for RR Tashigi, so that's a huge priority for me. After gems for completions, this is my priority today. Thankfully did my first run of all stages and got 3 copies already (one saved for collection, two got me two despair sockets. Off to a good start)
  • Summer girls- Nami/Robin sockets aren't as needed since there's plenty of FNs for them, and Perona only has one copy I use who already has sockets. Violet though, that's interesting... And Bonney, meh
  • Returning FNs- Nah, ain't got time for that. I should get some more Marguerite's since she has uses and mine is litereally 1 copy, buuuut no, no time. At least the others are meh
  • Coliseums- Ugh, need to get them for gems and units, and invasions. Need to see what's doable with my teams, at least they're here for 3 weeks
  • Raids- I'd say I don't need them, but then, invasions are happening. I still need Boa skills, plus Sabo, so that's 2/3 of the upcoming ones. Probbaly will skill Usopp'n at least
  • NeoAokiji- I'll definitely get a few, need to find teams that I can do. Shooter I think is my best, despite lack of SW Ace. Striker is my worst I think, and Free Spirit could be hit or miss, depends on what teams people make. At least there's a meat-up during the event

linkent

I believe today's the last day.

I'll probably do 3 more Cerebral runs since it's my safest team, then do a few more toy solider runs to try and get Tashigi books. We'll see

i saw your post..
planning to do 3 more wins on fighter team for that almighty books.
180stamina should be filled at around 1 hour before the event is gone.
anddd... need to do something at that time and forgot to do it T_T

bjork

I'm digging all this content. When the summer girls are over, I kinda hope they show up in the gem-unlockable thing, because I'm not sure when I'll fit those in. I want Smoker/Tashigi sockets, but I didn't farm any Bartolomeo books last time Koala was around. Busy busy.

mileS

The Koala fortnight is crazy fast with a free spirit team. 10turn reduced cd is crazy. First time it has double stam as well. Just a shame the books aren't that great. Having bad luck farming sockets this time.

koryuken

So... overwhelmed....
  • Summer girls- Nami/Robin sockets aren't as needed since there's plenty of FNs for them, and Perona only has one copy I use who already has sockets. Violet though, that's interesting... And Bonney, meh

Looking closer at Violet, she is not THAT good because she does not unbind her own special. So if your team gets special bound, she cannot do anything about it unlike TS Nami. She is only good if specific units or colors get special bound.

Can anyone tell me if character manual has any other purpose than levelling up your specials, since I have a bunch of manuals that I don't neccesarly need and I can use them for power ups insteads?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Can anyone tell me if character manual has any other purpose than levelling up your specials, since I have a bunch of manuals that I don't neccesarly need and I can use them for power ups insteads?

Yeah they are only for special level ups...if you dont need the manual or they arent important just use them as exp to power up.

Try to save Legend manuals though - those drops are so rare that you wanna be prepared in case you pull a Legend unit.

EMT0

Banned
Not gonna lie...all these summertime FNs are cringe af, and I'm glad the units from these FNs aren't great. I'm only clearing this for my free completion gems.

Top Bottom