• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V vehicle list leaked

McLovin

Probably not the full list, I imagine they will have more planes, helicopters, jet skis, and maybe bring back bicycles. It would also be a waste if they didn't have horses. Use that RDR tech.

Muffdraul

GTA IV's driving is top notch. I still play GTA races because of the driving physics; after playing and enjoying SR3 I have to say that GTA IV has the better open world driving.

My favorite thing about SR3 driving is the sweet engine sound effects, I'd usually turn off the radio so I could hear them unobstructed. But it kinda sucked when I realized they were basically just non-procedural MP3s and have nothing to do with how hard you're actually throttling.

You guys are describing exactly how I felt about GTA IV's driving... for like the first few hours I played of it. After getting used to them and learning to use them properly, I thought they were some of the best, most empowering driving controls/mechanics/physics ever, better than some dedicated racing games. I'm able to pull way nuttier drift turns and shit in IV compared to anything in SA or any previous GTA.

Agreed. At first I was all over the place but now it's possibly one of the best handling in games I can think of, especially non-racing games. It feels natural and realistic and if you treat it as such, you'll be fine.

As for the list, it mentions only one airplane, yet the trailer has two. I can quite honestly say I'd rather fly the one at the end of the trailer than the one in the fields shot, so if there is only one I'm hoping it's this one:

untitled-182uz1.gif

UrbanRats

If the list is legit, it's not complete.
I mean there are 4 planes in the trailer alone, no way you'll get to use only one.
Plus there are two bikes in the trailer, too; i don't see them listed (granted both miss the front wheel, so they might end up being just a prop).

Goldrusher

If the list is legit, it's not complete.
I mean there are 4 planes in the trailer alone, no way you'll get to use only one.
Plus there are two bikes in the trailer, too; i don't see them listed (granted both miss the front wheel, so they might end up being just a prop).

The Shamal is in the list. As are other planes, such as a Harrier and an autogyro.
There's also an MTB, along with a BMX.

UrbanRats

The Shamal is in the list. As are other planes, such as a Harrier and an autogyro.
There's also an MTB, along with a BMX.

Ah, great, i skimmed through it with out ctrl+F.

In the trailer we saw te Shamal, the Hydra, the Skimmer and the one spraying the vine workers (don't remember the name from SA), good to see bikes are in, though.

Goldrusher

This should be the complete list:

---CARS/TRUCKS/MISCELLANEOUS---

BENSON
BIFF
BOBCAT
BOBSLEIGH
BOXVILLE
BUCCANEER
BURRITO
CARGA
CASCO
CADGE
CARGA
CAVALCADE
CHAVOS
COGNOSCENTI
CS2000
DUKES
FEROCI
FLATTY
FORKLIFT
FUTO
FURZEN
FXT
GANT
HAULER
INFERNUS
MINIVAN
MULE
PATRIOT
PHANTOM
PRAIRIE
POLICE
RAILMU
RANCHER
TAXI
TRASH
SCHAFTER
SEINOVE
SKIMOBILE
SNOWPLOUGH
VANPONY
WILLARD
CABLECAR
SUBWAY
MONORAIL
MONORAIL2
MONORAIL3
TRAIN_CARG
LIGHTY
DUNE
RHINO
APC
CAVIERAO
CAVIERAO_VAR
CAR_BRZHATCHPLC
CAR_BRZSEDANPLC
CAR_BRZHATCHJNK
CAR_BRZSEDANJNK
CABLECAR
CHAIRLIFT
SUBWAY_LO
SUBWAY_HI
TRAIN_CARG
TRAINF_CARG
TRAINR_CARG
TRAIN_INT
LIGHTY
WINKY

---BIKES---

Z75
JZ125
ENDURO
FAGGIO2
SPIKE

---BOATS---

SQUALO
MARQUIS
REEFER
TROPIC
DINGHY
TUG
CONTBO
BASSBOY
BAYER
CHIKA
FISHER
FISHBOAT_A
FISHBOAT_B
FISHBOAT_C
FISHBOAT_D
GUNBOAT
SABS_BOAT
BOAT_CHASE
DRUG_BOAT
SMALL_GB
MARQUIS
MINI_ORIG
MINI_BOAT
SKIVVY
PH_BOAT_S
PH_BOAT_L
SPORTO
TINNY
WHALER
WOODY
SMUG
EDSBOAT
BOAT_RS
FISHBOAT
BOTSAB
SPORTO

---HELICOPTERS/PLANES---

ANNHIL
MAVERICK
PH_HELI
ANDROM
FIGHTER
AUTOGYRO
HIND
NAPALM
SCAMP
BENTHAM
HELI_LUXURY
HELI_VCPF
HELI_CP
HELI_TFE
HELI_UFE
HELI_CS
HELI_REBEL
PH_HELI
DODO
CUBAN800
FIGHTER
BCHOPPER

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=510202&view=findpost&p=1061305519

UrbanRats

---HELICOPTERS/PLANES---

ANNHIL
MAVERICK
PH_HELI
ANDROM
FIGHTER
AUTOGYRO
HIND
NAPALM
SCAMP
BENTHAM
HELI_LUXURY
HELI_VCPF
HELI_CP
HELI_TFE
HELI_UFE
HELI_CS
HELI_REBEL
PH_HELI
DODO
CUBAN800
FIGHTER
BCHOPPER
589712_20040307_screen002.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
GTA IV's driving is top notch. I still play GTA races because of the driving physics; after playing and enjoying SR3 I have to say that GTA IV has the better open world driving.

Nope. I've been playing with a couple friends on PC a lot lately and all I'll say is most vehicles don't require hundreds of feet at 30-40mph in order to be able to fully turn.

Muffdraul

Nope. I've been playing with a couple friends on PC a lot lately and all I'll say is most vehicles don't require hundreds of feet at 30-40mph in order to be able to fully turn.

Aw, so they left the emergency brake out of the PC version? That sucks.

Even at 20 mph the e-brake, applied properly, allows you to flip a bitch.

Sethos

Banned
Aw, so they left the emergency brake out of the PC version? That sucks.

Even at 20 mph the e-brake, applied properly, allows you to flip a bitch.

Indeed.

GTA IV driving is awesome, has that right blend of weight versus handling to flip cars around and make them fun to drive.

Agreed. At first I was all over the place but now it's possibly one of the best handling in games I can think of, especially non-racing games. It feels natural and realistic and if you treat it as such, you'll be fine.

As for the list, it mentions only one airplane, yet the trailer has two. I can quite honestly say I'd rather fly the one at the end of the trailer than the one in the fields shot, so if there is only one I'm hoping it's this one:

untitled-182uz1.gif

There's three I believe, the figher jet at 1:00, plus 4 if you count the blimp.

Raptomex

And cars don't just explode when flipped. I was happy about that. I wish they were more resistant to bullets, though. I want to be able to take cover behind a car without fear that it will blow up from 20 gunshots.

GQman2121

Banned
I can drive my ass off in GTA IV. I never understood the complaints about the physics. Anyway, dead horse......

So do people still honestly believe that the map is going to be limited to just Los Santos? I was never buying it, but its pretty obvious now that they're doing San Andreas in its entirety.

UrbanRats

Indeed.

GTA IV driving is awesome, has that right blend of weight versus handling to flip cars around and make them fun to drive.

Couldn't agree more, one of the few things i still love about GTA4.

No Feltzer? Booo! Not the fastest car in the game, but definitely the smoothest and most fun to drive.

Comet says Hi.
With that car you could go top speed and still have an incredible control turning.
I can drive my ass off in GTA IV. I never understood the complaints about the physics. Anyway, dead horse......

So do people still honestly believe that the map is going to be limited to just Los Santos? I was never buying it, but its pretty obvious now that they're doing San Andreas in its entirety.
And from what do you gather this?

1) The Press release speaks of Los Santos + South California countryside.
2) Doing more than one city with that level of detail is simply not possible, in this time frame.
3) Filling all those cities with interesting gameplay is even less possible, in this time frame.

Unless GTA5 comes out in 3 years, i don't see it.

Raptomex

I think even if it is just Los Santos the game will still be enormous. San Andreas is a state in the GTA universe so hopefully there's hope for at least another city.

GQman2121

Banned
Yes, the Comet is by far the best overall car in the last game. There are faster cars, but not with the combination of speed and handling.

Ryaaan14

Banned
At first the train thing didn't excite me too much...

...then I remembered the unspeakable things I used trains for in RDR.

Bring on the fucking loco-motives.

Raptomex

At first the train thing didn't excite me too much...

...then I remembered the unspeakable things I used trains for in RDR.

Bring on the fucking loco-motives.
I'm hoping this time around you can get on a train and walk freely and do whatever. Similar to RDR but an actual mugging mechanic or something.

Dragnet

And from what do you gather this?

1) The Press release speaks of Los Santos + South California countryside.
2) Doing more than one city with that level of detail is simply not possible, in this time frame.
3) Filling all those cities with interesting gameplay is even less possible, in this time frame.

Unless GTA5 comes out in 3 years, i don't see it.

It's been 4 years, and will probably be closer to 5 when GTA V releases. Given that the tech was there from the start (and it wasn't with GTA IV), I don't think 4 years to build San Andreas is unfeasable.

UrbanRats

It's been 4 years, and will probably be closer to 5 when GTA V releases. Given that the tech was there from the start (and it wasn't with GTA IV), I don't think 4 years to build San Andreas is unfeasable.

Yes, but R* north also worked on the episodes, right? And i still don't see it:

3 cities, as big as Liberty (if not more) all with meaningful missions, stuff to do + all the countryside, desert, mountains, those also packed with stuff to do.
Then add in some gameplay innovations and novelties that they HAVE to put in, because GTA4 got a lot of shit for its emptyness/lack of stuff to do.
Considering that doing a single thing now takes far more time than in the San Andreas' times, it would be an immense amount of work (and already they had to slave their employees to put out RDR, a far smaller game).. and they also lied in the press release? Why?

But hey, if there's all SA, i'm a happy guy.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm hoping this time around you can get on a train and walk freely and do whatever. Similar to RDR but an actual mugging mechanic or something.

Agreed. However I'm not entirely sure how well it would work with a modern train, with the doors and such. Would be amazing though.

Dragnet

Yes, but R* north also worked on the episodes, right? And i still don't see it:

3 cities, as big as Liberty (if not more) all with meaningful missions, stuff to do + all the countryside, desert, mountains, those also packed with stuff to do.
Then add in some gameplay innovations and novelties that they HAVE to put in, because GTA4 got a lot of shit for its emptyness/lack of stuff to do.
Considering that doing a single thing now takes far more time than in the San Andreas' times, it would be an immense amount of work (and already they had to slave their employees to put out RDR, a far smaller game).. and they also lied in the press release? Why?

But hey, if there's all SA, i'm a happy guy.

The episodes were no doubt worked on by smaller teams while the rest of R* North got to work on V. I doubt they had to spend much research time either, having done the tech work and created a game in this area before anyway. That's 4 years. If it took them 1 year to build each city, I don't think that's unreasonable. Don't forget about all the extra R* studios around the world they use to help out.

Dragnet

They need to make the whole game in the first person view with an optional 3rd person view for driving and cover.

Nope! Other way round if they even attempt to do that! First person would be nice when down on the ground to really take in the environments though.

Top Bottom