• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Pachimari

damm Dude why are you trying so hard? It really seems to bother you
How abou you just pm verendus or open you own thread with these long texts.
but please stop bringing this topic back again & again.....

I thought he said he wouldn't bother.

Also for the new place, because I wanna be that famous guy with the first picture of the 20th anniversary controller AND FFX/X-2 HD in the same picture:

J1gweRG.jpg

I don't think that controller is limited at all though.

I thought he said he wouldn't bother.

Also for the new place, because I wanna be that famous guy with the first picture of the 20th anniversary controller AND FFX/X-2 HD in the same picture:

I don't think that controller is limited at all though.

are there finally updates out for those bugs/mistakes in the game?
i remember there was a probleme with overworld music

The bolded ones are not in your list because now we know what they are, all revealed in E3:

Final Fantasy spin-off RPG = The World of Final Fantasy
New SE console RPG IP = Project Setsuna
Square Enix crossover game = Nier 2
New EA IP = Unravel
New Ubisoft IP = For Honor
New Naval RPG = Sea of Thieves
I really don't think Sea of Thieves counts here

vypek

Off topic: What did happen with Aqua?

On topic: Is it possible that Sony will continue its movie and game idea or is this just a one off kind of thing? Or would they just start pumping out movies based on universes of their franchise? For example, a Jak Trilogy based off the games or maybe alternate universe where they keep the characters

Yesterday i randomly watched some Playstation adverts and saw that launch trailer for the Ps4 again...Some of you might remember it had severall easter eggs in it & even back then people tought this coud be hints for upcoming Ps4 Titles
But since the easter eggs were also including some Ps3 titles, most tought its just a tribute to the history of Playstation and its franchises (atleast i tought so)

Well now 2 Years later i realized the easter eggs were really hinting at upcoming Ps4 titles/Exclusives

Now lets have a more precise look on those easters eggs:

1.Unnanounced Games

Well there were Easter Eggs about video games that actually weren't annonced ps4 titles (instead some old ps3 titles/franchises - classic characters)

57fc48-1443016000.png
6c6418-1443016051.png
f98315-1443016061.png
d7edc6-1443016068.png
80ca43-1443016186.png
58e61c-1443016956.jpg
ae55c8-1443016393.png
fd784d-1443016544.png
68981e-1443016535.png
9d5cd5-1443016528.png

1. Fireflies Logo = The Last of Us Remaster announced for Ps4

2. Tearaway poster = Tearaway unfolded announced for Ps4

3/4. origami and Jodie = Quanitc Dream collection announced for Ps4

5. Racoon City Police logo = Resident Evil Operation Racoon City announced for Ps4

6. Resident Evil Dog = Resident Evil Remaster announced for Ps4

7. a guy with blonde hair leaving CIDS Barber Shop = Final Fantasy 7 Remake announced for Ps4

8. taxi driver who looks like Ryu = Street Fighter V announced for Ps4 + Ultra Street Fighter 4

9. ICO Boy = The Last Guardian reannounced for Ps4

10. Drakes Antiques = Uncharted Collection or and Uncharted 4 announced for Ps4 (well who saw that coming :p )

Your thoughts
I don't think thats a coincidence?

The most interesting thing is however, that there are easter eggs that aren't announced games yet

bcb722-1443017309.jpg

Resistance Logo on a Jacket

ac2e39-1443017292.png

Parappa the rapper = i remember someone one neogaf claiming that we will get an parappa game (i think it was famousmortimer)

e9441d-1443017285.jpg

Lol the most famous one. I think most of you should know this easter egg

There were certainly many rumours and talks about Crash coming back on Ps4
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1r5qo4/the_official_crash_bandicoot_website_owned_and/

After this years E3 i can believe anything, and i think there will be a crash game on Ps4
This Advert has all the answers :D

So... PlayStation games released on a PlayStation system? I don't get why that's relevatory. :p

since the ff7 remake turned out to be true and the other easter eggs aswell - i guess the chances for crash and parapa are also pretty high :p

but yeah it doesnt need its own thread :)

The most interesting thing is however, that there are easter eggs that aren't announced games yet

bcb722-1443017309.jpg

Resistance Logo on a Jacket

ac2e39-1443017292.png

Parappa the rapper = i remember someone one neogaf claiming that we will get an parappa game (i think it was famousmortimer)

e9441d-1443017285.jpg

Lol the most famous one. I think most of you should know this easter egg

There were certainly many rumours and talks about Crash coming back on Ps4
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1r5qo4/the_official_crash_bandicoot_website_owned_and/

After this years E3 i can believe anything, and i think there will be a crash game on Ps4
This Advert has all the answers :D
No, let Resistance burn and die last generation. Insomniac should create a new IP for Sony, not run back to Resistance. This is pretty damn disappointing. If I was Sony, I wouldn't bother making a Crash game unless I can buy the IP. I imagine we will see a Crash game and likely be announced either at PSX or more likely next year at E3.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
No, let Resistance burn and die last generation. Insomniac should create a new IP for Sony, not run back to Resistance. This is pretty damn disappointing. If I was Sony, I wouldn't bother making a Crash game unless I can buy the IP. I imagine we will see a Crash game and likely be announced either at PSX or more likely next year at E3.

Problem is that it seems very clear that SCE has not been very interested in most of Insomniac's new IP pitches. Hence why Insomniac has found refuge with Electronic Arts and Microsoft lately.

Resistance should at least get a trilogy remaster on the PS4. Especially for the first one which could use a bit of a touch up and trophy support.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Has Verendus hinted at anything regarding the PS2 Classics line on PS4 having trophy support? That's like the most exciting rumor I need info on!

Stanng243

I just want to know what's going on with franchises they are supposed to be supporting, but are actually dead. I'm looking at you Singstar. Still waiting for an update they announced around March.

Problem is that it seems very clear that SCE has not been very interested in most of Insomniac's new IP pitches. Hence why Insomniac has found refuge with Electronic Arts and Microsoft lately.

We don't know it's a matter of SCE not being interested, or SCE not willing to let Insomniac own the new IPs that they're pitching.

With Ratchet, the ownership already belongs to Sony in the first place. But they may not want to forfeit IP ownership of new creations over to Big Brother Sony.

Kind of sad that Santa Monica Studios has become one of the worse studios for Sony in term of AAA development this generation.
They "helped" with The Order, but the series was never their IP.
I don't think we will see anything from them until 2017, they are so behind the curve.
GOW is an old IP too =/.

And Guerilla probably now leads all WWS as the most efficient devs. Split into multiple teams to develop AAA IP titles and working on PSVR too.
Should give more funding to GG instead of SMS and just delay GOW to 2018-2020.

What is this nonsense? You think it's ok to just have a team sitting around, take funding away from their current project and purposely delay their game by 1 to 2 years? What would that accomplish except waste money?

Macrotus

Has Verendus hinted at anything regarding the PS2 Classics line on PS4 having trophy support? That's like the most exciting rumor I need info on!

That does sound exciting if it were true.
And if it is, I hope PS1 classics also become playable on PS4 and receive trophy support.
If that happens, FF7/8/9 are the first 3 games I'm going to platinum on PS1 classics.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
We don't know it's a matter of SCE not being interested, or SCE not willing to let Insomniac own the new IPs that they're pitching.

With Ratchet, the ownership already belongs to Sony in the first place. But they may not want to forfeit IP ownership of new creations over to Big Brother Sony.

Sound theory, but Microsoft doesn't own Sunset Overdrive?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
That does sound exciting if it were true.
And if it is, I hope PS1 classics also become playable on PS4 and receive trophy support.
If that happens, FF7/8/9 are the first 3 games I'm going to platinum on PS1 classics.

It would be amazing - but I only see SCE doing it for their first-party games and a select few third party games that they decide to bring over to the line. I can't see everyone really putting in the effort.

But just having SCE's Dark Cloud, Twisted Metal: Black, and Siren alone is insanely awesome. Still need to be confirmed or denied either way .

Rymuth

2thepoint

I''ll make a prediction that Crash Bandicoot will resurface at PSX in December.

The only feasible WWS studios I could see taking on such an iconic franchise would be SCE Japan with Mark Cerny or a seperate team at Naughty Dog.

Outside WWS, I'd say Insomniac would do an excellent job.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

The only feasible WWS studios I could see taking on such an iconic franchise would be SCE Japan with Mark Cerny or a seperate team at Naughty Dog.

SCE would have no problem hiring High Impact or Sanzaru to develop a new Crash. But the IP licensing is still the biggest hurdle.

TraBuch

Banned
Whatever happened to that Sony employee that teased Bloodborne and people went back through his post history and noticed he'd been hinting at it for like a year?

Pachimari

Not this again. Please.

PGW for sure right?

And looks like they wont come out on 2015, which I thought was the case
https://twitter.com/QUANTIC_DREAM/status/646690298685444096
Maybe even earlier. Isn't PGW at the end of October? I would expect the announcement of the release date earlier.

Where did you hear this? the game is gorgeous but better AF and AA will be great.

Their Twitter.

SCE would have no problem hiring High Impact or Sanzaru to develop a new Crash. But the IP licensing is still the biggest hurdle.

Don't do this. This road leads only to ruin and despair.

Critically and commercially I think Sucker Punch are a little below Sony's top studios. However, I thought Second Son was great and if they're allowed to stretch their wings a little I think their next game could be legitimately excellent.

I agree with Sucker Punch not being a top tier developer for Sony yet, but I think its mostly due to them just being acquired 4 years ago after Infamous 2 had launched and having to work on a launch window title. It always seems like they are often hyped up by the fans and always fall just short of making a great game. I for one, didn't enjoy Sucker Punch games until Infamous 2 and even more so with Second Son. They are slowly getting there, I'd say.

With more time, budget and better management, they could definitely be up there with Media Molecule, Polyphony Digital, Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios.

Best wishes.

Pachimari

Played some of InFamous: Second Son for the first time, and I really like what I'm seeing. What a stunner of a game. Though the controls feels a little clunky, the plot super simple and formulaic, and I can see it getting repetitive but I'll give it a chance, now that it only cost $2 anyway.

androvsky

since the ff7 remake turned out to be true and the other easter eggs aswell - i guess the chances for crash and parapa are also pretty high :p

but yeah it doesnt need its own thread :)
Those easter eggs, actually that entire video, is nothing but references to old Playstation games. Just because we're getting a lot of remakes and sequels doesn't mean those were hints. Now if that video turned out to have a solid Horizon: Zero Dawn easter egg in it that would be different.

ZarKryn7

Well, I don't know if we will see a Crash announcement at PSX. But the bandicoot's anniversary is coming up. If Activision really has nothing to celebrate his birthday, well.... Activision can go fuck themselves.

Trevelyan

Banned
Played some of InFamous: Second Son for the first time, and I really like what I'm seeing. What a stunner of a game. Though the controls feels a little clunky, the plot super simple and formulaic, and I can see it getting repetitive but I'll give it a chance, now that it only cost $2 anyway.

Can you expand on how you feel the controls clunky?

Some of the missions get repetitive, definitely, but I can't say I agree with the controls feeling clunky, as I always felt that inFamous controlled like a dream, and that's what made the game so enjoyable for me.

Those easter eggs, actually that entire video, is nothing but references to old Playstation games. Just because we're getting a lot of remakes and sequels doesn't mean those were hints. Now if that video turned out to have a solid Horizon: Zero Dawn easter egg in it that would be different.

but nearly all those referenced Playstation Games got announced as Ps4 Title over the past years. Coincidence??

And if really was only about the PS history: Why no Spyro? Ratchet ? Jak ? or other signifacnt Playstation references of the history

Apart from Parapa, Crash and resistance there is afaik no easter egg left which didn't become a ps4 title

PS: maybe there is a horizon reference in that video :)

Top Bottom