• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

and post that gif and that Zamatsu gif and that Goku and Zamatsu hugging gif
tumblr_oervc0Ib351qc9dlro1_1280.gif
this is the best gif tho

Please let Goku Black get announced next so we can end this fucking nightmare already. We get it, he's cool and y'all want him in the game.

I'm fearing Tenshinhan and Yamcha will be the only new reveals for the month.

But it's not like we have to wait that long, the game comes out in less than 5 months.

Fj0823

Frost could've had some cool poison moves if his damn needles were allowed in the TOP.

As he is, he's just Frieza with 3 poison moves

That said, I like Frost's color and design waaaaaaay more

Specially Form 1, Frost's looks way less busy and more elegant

5275330-pizap.com14663556860921.jpg

DrDogg

Any confirmation of solar flare being in? If so, does it do anything aside from just damage?

Krillin uses Solar Flare. It stuns on hit allowing him to connect a super after it, and gives him frame advantage on block so he can maintain offensive pressure.

I dont think black is getting announced till dec/ jan. Prepare for the long haul lmao.

I could see him announced alongside the dates for the open beta, but probably wouldn't be playable in the open beta. Gotta save that for the retail release.

I'm also guessing we won't play SSB Goku/Vegeta in any of the betas either.

With 15 characters confirmed, a few others all but (Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks, Beerus, Another Buu), and a few others very likely (Broly, Hit, Black) I wonder how big the roster will be. That's 22 characters already.

rmanthorp

the_goku_black_disliker has logged on

I just don't get it and the more I see of him the more I get annoyed... Like it's SUCH an old/easy move to be like 'the EVIL BLACK VERSION of the main hero' it never works for me.

nemesis_prime_by_nakoshinobi.jpg

Didn't work for me back in the old TF days.

ANYWAY back to positive - I hope we get somekinda capsule (GG fishing) type thing and we can get GOAT capsule music like this back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdMIYMSHu4

BossRush

I just don't get it and the more I see of him the more I get annoyed... Like it's SUCH an old/easy move to be like 'the EVIL BLACK VERSION of the main hero' it never works for me.

ANYWAY back to positive - I hope we get somekinda capsule (GG fishing) type thing and we can get GOAT capsule music like this back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdMIYMSHu4

It's all in the execution.

Does Nemesis Prime
steal the body of
Optimus Prime
in another timeline
then
kill
Prime's
son and wife right in front of him
?

EDIT:
Ahh the lovely spoilers.

Hmm, you have to know by this point it's dangerous to enter DB threads lol. I'll spoiler tag it anyway.

Spman2099

If Goku Black isn't in this game I am going to laugh for days

Ya'll are the worst lol

There is a part of me that feels the same. Especially since Undead needs to be punished for his heretical Yamcha hate. However, so many people are looking forward to him... it is simply too mean spirited to dance on the crushed hopes and dreams of these people.

That being said, I really hope they reveal his inclusion the day before the game launches. Make 'em sweat.

This thread once again got painful to read, about time the stream starts in 20 hours...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkg8QPHVWig

This thread does periodically become the most painful thing to read... I think that is part of its charm.

rmanthorp

Jesus. Okay, yeah I'm just going to take a step back. I got Tien, so Gotenks and I'm fully happy. BUT I don't really mind who else gets in at this point.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
We don't need a third Goku on the roster so Goku Black can be a stage background NPC.

While i agree that we don't need another Goku, Black isn't just another Goku so i definitely want him in the game.

Goku Black should be in under the condition that they also add in the new character, Vegeta Black.

Who's just Vegeta that didn't stop being evil. And has a Rainbow-coloured Galick Gun.

mcmmaster

While i agree that we don't need another Goku, Black isn't just another Goku so i definitely want him in the game.

Goku Black ain't Goku tho.

Goku Black would have completely different moves, so I disagree.

He literally has Goku in his name and has the exact same face. I don't care if he has an interesting moveset different to Goku, for the sake of visual variety they should really pick a different villain that doesn't have the same face and physique as a character that has already has taken 2 slots. For the record I dislike Super but this isn't me shitting on Super, just Goku Black. They can put villains from Super in this, i'd just prefer anyone else over Goku Black.

Well, it's no surprise it didn't work "back in the old TF days"... considering Nemesis Prime didn't even exist until the 2003 Armada cartoon / toyline, a full 18 years after G1. Even Scourge, a black / decepticon Optimus lookalike (that nevertheless doesn't look exactly like Optimus) is as recent as 2001.

And specifically, that version of Nemesis Prime in your image (a straight G1 Prime recolor) doesn't exist in any work of fiction at all, only as toy recolors and alt skins in videogames... and even then it's as recent as 2013.

/anal

ec0ec0

After watching high level play from the beta, i still don't see how the game is going to have anything resembling an interesting combo system.

The different characters still look the same combo wise.

Only thing that stood out was android 18 calling 17 in the midle of the combo. So, she started the combo, 17 came in to hit the oponent a complete of times, then 18 followed up to finish the combo, but that was about it.

Well, and i saw that players, now, instead of spending the the "hard hit -> homing attack" while on the ground, they spend it while on the air, having previously launched the oponent into the air with a "sweep -> another hit -> super jump -> aerial combo".

LotusHD

Banned
He literally has Goku in his name and has the exact same face. I don't care if he has an interesting moveset different to Goku, for the sake of visual variety they should really pick a different villain that doesn't have the same face and physique as a character that has already has taken 2 slots. For the record I dislike Super but this isn't me shitting on Super, just Goku Black. They can put villains from Super in this, i'd just prefer anyone else over Goku Black.

Well he's both a main villan and is popular, so as far as Super characters, so uhh, that's quite unlikely barring wanting him as DLC. But an NPC? Um... sure.

The only people that people that seriously argue the whole "He's another Goku, he's not different!" clearly haven't watched the show, because if they had, they'd also know that they don't even need to necessarily use Black by himself, due to being able to be paired up with Zamasu as well. Either way, he stands out.

rmanthorp

After watching high level play from the beta, i still don't see how the game is going to have anything resembling an interesting combo system.

The different characters still look the same combo wise.

Only thing that stood out was android 18 calling 17 in the midle of the combo. So, she started the combo, 17 came in to hit the oponent a complete of times, then 18 followed up to finish the combo, but that was about it.

Well, and i saw that players, now, instead of spending the the "hard hit -> homing attack" while on the ground, they spend it while on the air, having previously launched the oponent into the air with a "sweep -> another hit -> super jump -> aerial combo".

I was starting to feel the same way - but then I saw a combo like this and using the hellzone to combo #18's level 1 into level 3 just gets my mind racing. I think only time will really tell but there's depth there for sure https://youtu.be/aNLM4kZKNqY?t=2m50s

ec0ec0

I was starting to feel the same way - but then I saw a combo like this and using the hellzone to combo #18's level 1 into level 3 just gets my mind racing. I think only time will really tell but there's depth there for sure https://youtu.be/aNLM4kZKNqY?t=2m50s

sure finding ways to land multiple supers is cool, but doesn't change anything regarding the basic combo system itself (everything preceding the supers) looking the same.

From an spectators point of view, i find combos so far to be extremely repetitive (as you're seeing the same thing among the different characters).

The game is still clean and beatifull, though.

Top Bottom