• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 |OT| New Digs

jariw

I'm not sure what it is at all, really. I just got that info from a dev post here on GAF.

Brjann mentioned this an hour ago an the Nintendo Life review comments:
"and only a cool 100% unlocks the (unmentioned and) surprising post-game content that we've got in store for completionists."

Sounds like there's more game to be played after that 100%?

Plum

"and only a cool 100% unlocks the (unmentioned and) surprising post-game content that we've got in store for completionists."

Hmmm, well I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

Kouriozan

Sounds like
it'll involve Rusty, would be a nice surprise.
Wait and see~

Reddit doesnt like the icon

9boEf4x.jpg

They are going to change it tho

J@hranimo

Banned
Damn, you guys are really hyping this up. So this is a Metroidvania-ish type game...will I find fun in it even without playing the previous games?

D_prOdigy

Ah, release seemed to creep up on me. Fantastic.

Loved the first, loved Heist, looking forward to this. Can't remember the last new series that hooked me for 3 consecutive games

Fireblend

Banned
I think that's the icon for the review code version, isn't it? I'd be surprised if that was the icon the game was actually launching with. You people are getting ahead of yourselves.

They already said they were working on a new one a couple days ago.

SirShandy

This 60fps on Switch? Any reason not to buy it on the Switch?

Yes it is.

This is straight from an Image and Form developer:

" 2. Does the switch ver perform on par with pc/ps4?

Yes, 60 fps guaranteed on Switch and PS4. SWD2 will obviously run at 60 fps on a decent PC, but if my mom decided to play on hers I doubt she'd get 60 fps. :) I'd suggest looking at the minimum specs on Steam or the like! "

This was taken from the review thread.

Renna Hazel

Never played a Steamworld game and I'm not sure I'll enjoy this one but I think I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm not a Metroidvania fan but sometimes there are games in the genre I enjoy. Hopefully I don't spend too much time getting lost.

Poppyseed

Yes it is.

This is straight from an Image and Form developer:

" 2. Does the switch ver perform on par with pc/ps4?

Yes, 60 fps guaranteed on Switch and PS4. SWD2 will obviously run at 60 fps on a decent PC, but if my mom decided to play on hers I doubt she'd get 60 fps. :) I'd suggest looking at the minimum specs on Steam or the like! "

This was taken from the review thread.

Brilliant. Switch it is.

I believe I read a bit earlier in the thread this is having a midnight release, anyone know?

If it was first party it would have released about 20 min ago. 3rd party in about 2 1/2 hours...

xrnzaaas

It's going to be a long wait until the PS4 release. I thought about replaying the original for the missing trophies, but I don't have only the annoying ones like for finishing without dying or finding all 19 secret areas. The sequel should have a platinum so I'll have more motivation to fight for them. ;)

Top Bottom