• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers is coming to PS4 this year, will cost $30 on PC/PS4

jbug617

Banned
DAcIMkxXkAAv943.jpg

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=UP2882-CUSA07348_00-LBSTATICTHEME001
Via Wario
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/866670476755574785

Lucifon

Pretty cool. I'll definitely give it a shot. But I do feel like this game should have hit a couple of years ago. It would have been a big success and serious contender then but after all the 'hero shooter' style games lately it's starting to look a little generic.

Strakt

Dunno if this game is worth $30. Thought it was going to be f2p after playing the beta. They shoulda gone the Quake Champions route.

Pretty neat considering Cliffy B originally said he didn't think it'd work on consoles! Shame I won't be able to play it but I refuse to pay for online on both PS and Xbox. Maybe they'll have a free weekend or something where I can test it out.

I played the beta on PC.

Not too excited about it.... Feels like Unreal meets Overwatch meets Titanfall. And it feels disjointed and not unique.

The thing that makes Overwatch great is that each character looks different and you can pretty much instantly tell what they do based on their outfits and weapons.

In Law Breakers it looks like everyone is out of Unreal but they all have different skills.

Don't think I'll be getting it. Sorry Cliff.

blakep267

Same thing happens when something is announced for xbox, but asking where the PS4 version is. Just a normal question on a 3rd party game.
Pretty much. The switch port begs are unreasonable but I don't find it wrong to ask where the Xbox version is. Same thing happens in the cities skylines threads

Tagyhag

It's not free?

Uff, I wish them luck. What I played was fine, just wouldn't spend $30 with how many other shooters are out there.

Unknown?

Just a normal question? Is there a reason its only coming to PC and PS4 or is the Xbox version just not announced yet? Console timed exclusive?
Well it would be unsurprising considering many PC games have come to PS4 and not Xbox. Also I think his beef was more with the person just assuming it was coming to his console of choice.

Cardon

Any chance of a PS4 beta happening? Wouldn't mind giving this a go before fully committing to buying it.

Was not impressed by anything I played. Even their emails for the Beta was cringy. It's like someone trying to be edgy. Par for the course with Cliff.

K.Sabot

So many similar games coming out Free To Play right now, I'm not sure if this is the right move to keep servers healthy.

TalonJH

I was invited to the PC Beta but never played it but I probably should check it out. I have a bad track record of never sticking with online competitive games.

xabbott

Well it would be unsurprising considering many PC games have come to PS4 and not Xbox. Also I think his beef was more with the person just assuming it was coming to his console of choice.

I don't feel like the number has been really high one way or another. Especially since MS introduced game preview.

yuraya

Not going f2p is a bad idea I think. These type of games need big populations/communities from the get go to survive against all the other popular and similar shooters that exist these days. Even Quake Champions has a f2p model. It is a fun game so this will be an interesting risk to watch.

Donos

The "Hero" fps marked seems crowded atm. Destiny 2 coming up soon too. I think these games need population even more than something like BF1, (which is getting rather low atm on PS4) and TF2.

Isn't Paladins free on PS4?

Kayant

Hmmm I feel F2P model would work better although I feel there would be lots of people that would drop it either way because the skill gap can be high/it's not as easy to picked up compared to many hero/classes based shooters of it's kind. Anyways at that price point am more inclined to pay it at launch now.
I played the beta on PC.

Not too excited about it.... Feels like Unreal meets Overwatch meets Titanfall.
And it feels disjointed and not unique.

The thing that makes Overwatch great is that each character looks different and you can pretty much instantly tell what they do based on their outfits and weapons.

In Law Breakers it looks like everyone is out of Unreal but they all have different skills.

Don't think I'll be getting it. Sorry Cliff.
Completely disagree - the only thing it really shares with OW is the fact each class/hero has unique abilities which isn't a unique OW thing in the first place. In terms of comparison to TF not every character has movement abilities so outside the fact games feature free movement vertically/horizontally I don't see the comparison.

Put about 15 hours into it this weekend... best shooter in the last 5+ years. Easy.

All the cooperation and team-based gamemodes and hero roles as OW... but much more complex and with a greater skill-ceiling. Movement and map design forces engagements and there is little down-time. All it will need is some balancing and a continuous influx of maps and heroes and i'll be hooked for a long ass time!

My experience with it left me with the impression that it was a decent F2P shooter in need of polish. $30 is going to be a tough sale for what's here.

Top Bottom